Just bought a 00 Vette

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:New to the viper world , I have had vette's for 10 yrs great cars and love them have 2011 grand sport conv now too she is fun and easy to drive !!! With that's said my 2001 gts acr viper is a blast and don't think I will ever be with out a viper now !!! Two way different breeds of cars !!! Let's just say I am a viper chick for sure:D:D:D

and sounds like a very smart Viper Chick too me!!! :2tu: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get well soon !

I upstaged 3 incredible looking C6's a little while ago including a white Grand Sport with the little red stripes over the front wheels... I pulled in with my GTS and drew a crowd away from them like a magnet... Even the Vette owners were in seemingly in awe... One guy looks at the other and says Whoa that's one of the original ones... The other guy looks at the fuel cap and says that's just sick... Look on their faces... Priceless.

Yes, I love to park just outside the car show as a spectator. The only problem is that I can't ask people questions about their car as no one is there to talk to.. :dunno:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my Vette. Granted its a Z06 and probably a bit more fun than a regular Vette, but I like it never the less. Two totally different cars. Both have their pro's and con's. Vette is very easy to live with. No problem having it as you daily driver, which quite a few on here do. Viper is an unbelievable car though and tuff to beat for many reasons. In the end, I would suggest you keep the Vette and get yourself another Viper. Problem solved. :2tu:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my Vette. Granted its a Z06 and probably a bit more fun than a regular Vette, but I like it never the less. Two totally different cars. Both have their pro's and con's. Vette is very easy to live with. No problem having it as you daily driver, which quite a few on here do. Viper is an unbelievable car though and tuff to beat for many reasons. In the end, I would suggest you keep the Vette and get yourself another Viper. Problem solved. :2tu:

:drive: yep

Vette
Good performance, very capable track car stock, even better with a few select mods, nice daily creature comforts, incredible mileage given it's performance, tons of aftermarket vendors and lots of tuner support, stability/traction control for those real life situations that do crop up now and again (not talking about ham-footed driving). Newer ones have a decent interior, though still not approaching Euros on this front...

Viper I've only had mine for 4 days, but my first impressions - A certain purity... a sports car through and through. Blatant power, unrefined (meant as a compliment in this usage), wicked body curves (I'm partial to the Gen IIs), a certain "in your face" attitude and stance... I can't wait to really DRIVE it and really get a feel for it.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....Viper I've only had mine for 4 days, .....

welcome aboard noob :D

post pics if you can

:drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome aboard noob :D

post pics if you can

:drive:

Thanks!

As soon as the cats and dogs stop falling from the sky I'll be sure to get some! It is ridiculous here (Dallas)... POURING and lows in the 40s.. IN MAY! ***?!?

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a C5Z. But got to drive a friends Viper. I put the Z up forsale and got a GTS. Best thing I have ever done.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

As soon as the cats and dogs stop falling from the sky I'll be sure to get some! It is ridiculous here (Dallas)... POURING and lows in the 40s.. IN MAY! ***?!?

the crunchy parts of my lawn would welcome the rain,

but if i were like you and had a new viper waiting to go out and play ....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V-ery
I-mportant
P-erson
E-nters
R-oom

C-ount
O-n
R-acing
V-ipers
E-nding
T-ruly
T-raumatic
E-verytime

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This won't last long..... guarantee you, you will crack and buy another Viper and sell the Vette.

No, I will just paint my vette orange silver and go around beating vipers... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzwB6owx18[/media]

All jokes aside, I will most likely go for an SRT10 in a few months :2tu:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say I like everything he's done with that car, but you can't argue with speed...

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C6 orange is very cool in person. It is a little too much adding it to the rear glass though. I hope he has not let the original hood go because that silver is nasty. Supercharge a Zo6 at your own risk of engine failure.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supercharge a Zo6 at your own risk of engine failure.

Same is true of the Viper. Same piston issue. Stay around 8 psi and it should stay together for a long time. I've seen dozens of Pro Charged Z06's come out of my friends shop and haven't heard of any issues to date. Stock Vette motor has forged pistons and at least one dealers is now adding Pro Chargers to Vettes and Camaros as an option with a warranty. Why the Z06 and the Viper didn't go forged is amazingly stupid to me.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
{originally posted by: Black Moon}
{A Vette!!! How could you? What were you thinking? Off your meds? Found God?

This should make you feel better:}

The one in the background is my favorite!:2tu:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well at least you'll blend in fine with the rest of traffic:rolaugh:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same is true of the Viper. Same piston issue. Stay around 8 psi and it should stay together for a long time. I've seen dozens of Pro Charged Z06's come out of my friends shop and haven't heard of any issues to date. Stock Vette motor has forged pistons and at least one dealers is now adding Pro Chargers to Vettes and Camaros as an option with a warranty. Why the Z06 and the Viper didn't go forged is amazingly stupid to me.

I have heard the piston walls of the LS7 are too thin for serious mods. A local here blew his up but that may have been for a different reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness