Just doing a personal query, do Viper owners run the factory PSI in their tires? scan

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Just doing a personal query, do Viper owners run the factory PSI in their tires?

That pressure reference is ONLY for the Michelin XGT tires used on 1992-1995 Vipers (tires that you should have gotten rid of long ago if you drive the car !!!...at least in my opinion).

ALL other Viper OEM tires (1996 thru 2010)carry the recommendation of 29 p.s.i....be they the Mxx3's, Pilot Sports, PS 2's, or Cups.

Using air to inflate your tires, expect around 1 p.s.i. increase for every 11 degrees F that the tire temp rises...be it due to ambient equillibrated temps or usage temp from rolling friction/lateral stresses/ etc.

Aside from pressure...the rubber in the XGT tires are about as soft as rockafter all of these years...and they DO represent a risk !!

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Just doing a personal query, do Viper owners run the factory PSI in their tires?

Original tires on my 06. 99% of the tread. Rubber is very hard but okay at the speed it is driven when it is driven. I just need to get out there and use that thing.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I keep 30-32 psi in mine, above the factory 29 psi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960