Just got a great comment...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was just outside washing the GT2 and a new neighbor (who I haven't even met yet), came over and asked where the Viper was. I told her it was in the shop for some engine work, and she got the biggest look of relief on her face. She said, "I was worried you traded it for that. The Porsche is a nice car and all, but the Viper, OH MY GOD. I love that thing!"

I just smiled!

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and then she said " By the way, can you rub this suntan lotion on my back ? "
:2tu:

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I was just outside washing the GT2 and a new neighbor (who I haven't even met yet), came over and asked where the Viper was. I told her it was in the shop for some engine work, and she got the biggest look of relief on her face. She said, "I was worried you traded it for that. The Porsche is a nice car and all, but the Viper, OH MY GOD. I love that thing!"

I just smiled!

Tell me something, I was looking at a GT3. I know the GT2 is even a hotter car. Will the GT2 outrun the current 600hp Vipers in the quarter mile or flat out straight line. I am just curious. I ended up with a limited 2010 ACR but the Porsche still intrigues me. Thanks

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me something, I was looking at a GT3. I know the GT2 is even a hotter car. Will the GT2 outrun the current 600hp Vipers in the quarter mile or flat out straight line. I am just curious. I ended up with a limited 2010 ACR but the Porsche still intrigues me. Thanks

I think on paper it will, but it doesn't feel like it all. It's very deceptively fast. You can't hear the exhaust and it's not near as violent as the Viper. I know the numbers say it will, but from seat of the pants feel, the Viper wins hands-down. It's a much smaller car and handles like you wouldn't believe. You feel like your not even moving, but you are flying. If I had to pick one though, the Viper would be the only one in the garage.

This is a 996 GT2 by the way, not the 997.

Last edited:

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think on paper it will, but it doesn't feel like it all. It's very deceptively fast. You can't hear the exhaust and it's near as violent as the Viper. I know the numbers say it will, but from seat of the pants feel, the Viper wins hands-down. It's a much smaller car and handles like you wouldn't believe. You feel like your not even moving, but you are flying. If I had to pick one though, the Viper would be the only one in the garage.

This is a 996 GT2 by the way, not the 997.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand exactly what you are saying. I just like cars period and these are two of my favorites. Thanks

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so sure about that there just a high 11 sec car. I raced one at Infineon Dragstrip and he was not in front of me at the finish line. I am running a fairly stock gen 3 and ran 11.7. They are pretty quick with the 4wd but, I sent him home in the 2nd round.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so sure about that there just a high 11 sec car. I raced one at Infineon Dragstrip and he was not in front of me at the finish line. I am running a fairly stock gen 3 and ran 11.7. They are pretty quick with the 4wd but, I sent him home in the 2nd round.

You're right on one account. I just double-checked and the 996 GT2 is listed as 11.9 at 120. The 997 GT2 is quite a bit quicker at 11.3 at 130. The GT-2 are not awd though. They are rear only. I agree with you though. My Gen III with a few bolt ons and a tune feels quite a bit faster. The shift feel and handling is where it's at on this car though. BUT, it's still not near as fun of a car to drive as the Viper. It just feels odd to be running though the gears and not be able to hear the engine.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think just stock, 996GT2 vs even a stock GEN3 viper , the viper should be able to take it :)

Granted the pocha has the engine in the rear making the traction from a stop light better, but we got so much low end grunt!

J

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be close indeed...except in looks..The porshe looks to much like a vette

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
except in looks..The porshe looks to much like a vette

.......and the past 47 years worth of 911's :rolaugh:

I love Porsche's from a performance standpoint, but honestly I have a hard time telling the difference between a Boxster, Cayman, and 911....they all have the exact same lines, profiles, and lights. I could never buy a car like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang