just got a new 06 srt c

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi. this is my fist time on a chat board and my virst viper. so its exciting to be here. I just bought a brand new 06 yellow srt coupe. i dont know how to post pics yet but i will try and get my friend to help me so you guys can see it. the fastes car i ever had was an 02 bmw m5. so i have lots of questions and would like to get some feedback on what kind of mods if any should i do. I'm not that great of a driver(not bad)but certainly no pro by any means.
i love the power and feel of the car and am still getting use to it. it had 10 miles on it when i bought it and now it has about 100, so its almost went thru its first tank of gas. i live in south florida (boca raton) so i feel for you guys that cant drive beacuse of the winter. anyhow, i'm open to any and all comments and advice. i was thinking of lowering it as it seems to sit a bit high but dont want to go to low that i cant get in and out of places.
also i need the name of a good place that can work on it, if i choose to do anything. i plan on taking a driving school in the near futer (not sure which one ) i dont plan to really race it but but i didnt spend all that money to get beet by a Z06. so i know its a long post but what would you do if it was your car.(about 10k to spend on any mods) keep in mind i need to drive it on the street and dont want to void my warranty. thanks for any input, and i look forward to learning from you guys.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome...Keep it as is for now, take the driving lessons and get to know your Viper before any mods...Enjoy :2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on brand new Viper. Get a skip shift disabler installed. Just a 14 dollar part that will make slow driving easier. Best of luck! :2tu:

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope. got it from maroone in delray.

Welcome! I saw your coupe sitting in the showroom. I drive by Maroone almost every day since I live near George Bush and A1A.

I have an '06 Coupe as well. PM me if you'd like to get together. I can show you what lowering and adding a Paxton supercharger can do for your car. Won't be any Z06s staying with you...

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcomwe aboard! :2tu:
Don't forget to go to the Vipers Owners Invitational this year in Las Vegas. You'll have a great time!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi. this is my fist time on a chat board and my virst viper. so its exciting to be here..... it had 10 miles on it when i bought it and now it has about 100, so its almost went thru its first tank of gas........ thanks for any input, and i look forward to learning from you guys.

CONGRATS on Starting your Viper Experience w/ a SRT-C Bumble bee. DONT GET STUNG!

I certainly hope that the tank of gas was not FULL, and drained in 90 miles!
IF SO, you are driving your BumbleBee way too hard for the very important break-in period. PLEASE drive timidly and carefully for 500 miles. Try to get the best possible mileage during that time, and you'll be rewarded with very LOW oil consumption, higher compression for the longer life of the motor. (You have no EMAIL ADDRESS in your new profile to send you more.)

I agree, learn the car safely now, and add mods only after you learn how it handles and sounds STOCK.

In order, most folks ad some cosmetics (Mats, interior doo-dads); Then intake (KN FilterCharger or HiFlow Filters); Hi Flow exhaust makes it sound as HOT like it looks, but runs COOLER; Ring/Pinion swap, feels like you added 80HP, for under $600/parts !

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Take it easy for the first 500 miles. She'll bite if you don't. Know her power then do the mods... :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am anxious to know what the break in period is for the 1st 500 miles, not to exceed such and such mph, I know its probably in the owners manual, but am anxious to know since I will be receiving my 06 blue with silver stripes this friday. I mean will it be ok to give it a quick goose every once in a while?, I was told to vary the speed but not to exceed a certain mph
hi. this is my fist time on a chat board and my virst viper. so its exciting to be here..... it had 10 miles on it when i bought it and now it has about 100, so its almost went thru its first tank of gas........ thanks for any input, and i look forward to learning from you guys.

CONGRATS on Starting your Viper Experience w/ a SRT-C Bumble bee. DONT GET STUNG!

I certainly hope that the tank of gas was not FULL, and drained in 90 miles!
IF SO, you are driving your BumbleBee way too hard for the very important break-in period. PLEASE drive timidly and carefully for 500 miles. Try to get the best possible mileage during that time, and you'll be rewarded with very LOW oil consumption, higher compression for the longer life of the motor. (You have no EMAIL ADDRESS in your new profile to send you more.)

I agree, learn the car safely now, and add mods only after you learn how it handles and sounds STOCK.

In order, most folks ad some cosmetics (Mats, interior doo-dads); Then intake (KN FilterCharger or HiFlow Filters); Hi Flow exhaust makes it sound as HOT like it looks, but runs COOLER; Ring/Pinion swap, feels like you added 80HP, for under $600/parts !

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just logged 520 miles on my Coupe, I believe the manual states nothing above 4k rpm, I shift at 3k rpm around town, and I typically drove under 60 mph....very tough to do in a viper, let me tell ya...

Mine goes in for a oil change and check up tomorrow, and then I will find out just how much quicker this thing is compared to my GTS...

Be carefull bro, but enjoy that awesome snake..

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me know bluesnake367 if you, really notice a diff between a gts and your new 06 coupe. I have 2000 gts coupe, and was curious myself.

OP
OP
M

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all the feed back guys. i think i might be driving it to hard because i have went over 4k rpm quite a few times and i have had it up to about 120mph so far out of a whole shot. i would love to here more about the break in period and what to do.i just filled the tank today.it took 15 gallons to fill and yes i had a full tank when i got it. i will add my email addy to my profile if any of you guys want to email me . but it's
[email protected] thanks for the feed back so far. i might be going to that driving school in vegas in febuary.
keep any and all comments good or bad coming. thanks.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got mine a few weeks ago and passed the 500 mile mark. Like Bluesnake367 said, it is VERY HARD to drive it under 60 mph.

I know people on this board say to get an oil change at 500. I looked at the manual and it didn't have anything to say about that. It just said take it in for the standard period of 3k miles or 3 months.

Congratulations on your Viper and welcome to the club!

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change the oil at 500 miles to get any production and brake-in metal out of the engine. When you do, look at the magnetic drain plug end to see what's on there. I had more metal on the magnet at 500 than on subsequent oil changes (virtually none). Cheap excessive wear insurance.