k found the answer and solution to the powershifting debate

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this thing is exactly what i was looking for. Plus read all the pros about it. I was right about everthing i said:) he he he nany nany poo poo anybody have anything to say now? Have to admit im not right all the time but damn it feels good when i am. Thank you very much

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K ill be the tester here. I saw other viper owners have tried and like it! If it works its exactly the solution for what im doing.'at least my reason and performance pros werent far off.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It works for me. Just google it and it should get you there. If you read the whole thing it tells you the gains and the advantages of powershifting or as they call it wot wide open throttle which is exactly what I was talking about

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man if that boxes does work on our cars thats pretty cool not to mention the 2 step built in. Anyone willing to try it out and give a review

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes in going to try to order it today. My cars getting a cam and heads do it won't get to try it for a little while. When I do I'll give my opinion of it. Sounds awesome on paper:)

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok, yes those boxes work as advertised, though im not familiar with that brand.
its not quite the same thing as powershifting as it cuts ignition. i know what you mean, but NOT the same thing as powershifting. real drag racers call those cheater boxes btw.... just sayin.
they are illegal for bracket racing, but street racing?..hehehe
im sure it works as advertised, and it will improve the launch and the speed of the shifts.
lemme know how it works.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K I'll try the cheater box if it's gonna get me into the 10s naturally asperated. Im also gonna look into these tranny mts and bushings. Someone said carbon fiber synchros too? If not I'll be the cheater box guy:) I need 10s:) ttyl

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K I'll try the cheater box if it's gonna get me into the 10s naturally asperated. Im also gonna look into these tranny mts and bushings. Someone said carbon fiber synchros too? If not I'll be the cheater box guy:) I need 10s:) ttyl

Heck yea bro !!! I would just skip the 10's, I bet you will be in the high 9's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha I wish 10's would be great. Supercharger, nitrous, surprised you don't hav the cheater box too:) j/k nice car. Incredible times as well!

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty clever:) I never wrote that tho. You must have some pull to make things up. Even if it were true no biggy I would just fix it. Racing cars also breaks cars. That's part of the hobby as I'm sure u know:)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope u huts don't think I'm saying just that box is gonna get me 10's my car is getting some Greg good heads that were pitted for doug Kevin who used to own my car. The manifold is getting potted to match, it's got 70mm f&b throttle bodies. T&D rockers. 333 gears, sceamon sceamon demon coil. Ab wires. Jmb long version airbox, bellamger headers, gutted cats and borlas. A spec 3 clutch, chromoly flywheel, act tune, and a cam Greg good said was a little more aggressive than he normally use but should get me in the 10's. I think powershifting will help me get there. Hope everyone doesn't think I said just a cheater box thing alone would do it!

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha auto correct I love it I meant guys it wrote huts? Makes me laugh at loud sometimes:)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope u huts don't think I'm saying just that box is gonna get me 10's my car is getting some Greg good heads that were pitted for doug Kevin who used to own my car. The manifold is getting potted to match, it's got 70mm f&b throttle bodies. T&D rockers. 333 gears, sceamon sceamon demon coil. Ab wires. Jmb long version airbox, bellamger headers, gutted cats and borlas. A spec 3 clutch, chromoly flywheel, act tune, and a cam Greg good said was a little more aggressive than he normally use but should get me in the 10's. I think powershifting will help me get there. Hope everyone doesn't think I said just a cheater box thing alone would do it!

Serious question......have you been drinking today ?

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious response have you? Why what do you think it will turn. It turned11.5 before the heads manifold, cam and gears. You don't think that will get me 5 10ths. Greg good does and many others do I'll be optimistic and hope it does. But with my brand new shiny cheater box I might just get there. :) we will see. Tell because u think it wil run?

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh if you mean all the auto corrects I see ur point. Does look like I had one too many. Actually don't drink at all! Not a big fan of it.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
scott, i think some of the guys are playing with you sometimes.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya think:) I'm just playing back sometimes. It's all in good fun. I laugh at some of my responses too:) Just got my 1st iPhone. Not used to this auto correct thing. I actually said sorry to a client the other day because of it. I'm not used to reading text after I write them. I knew my old phone way too good. But I'll get used to it. But until then u huts:) guys can poke fun. Boxers are all about sense if humor. When we get together it's a comedy all making fun but having fun. Thanks. FYI what do u think this car can turn? I hope I'm not reaching with hope of getting in the 10's? Some people like nitrous and superchargers and some people like **** rings and male enhancement pills. I like like do things naturally:) see I can play too: j/k around

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
N2mb is a great company alot of srt-4 uses these with a lot of success check out srtforums.com for a lot of reviews and opinions n these

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I looked at some reviews. Still have some concerns. I don't know if I like the engine cutting out and then going right back to wide open? I'll call around to ask questions. I did talk to a trans place that said they could make it smoother. I'd rather go that way, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the info

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya think:) I'm just playing back sometimes. It's all in good fun. I laugh at some of my responses too:) Just got my 1st iPhone. Not used to this auto correct thing. I actually said sorry to a client the other day because of it. I'm not used to reading text after I write them. I knew my old phone way too good. But I'll get used to it. But until then u huts:) guys can poke fun. Boxers are all about sense if humor. When we get together it's a comedy all making fun but having fun. Thanks. FYI what do u think this car can turn? I hope I'm not reaching with hope of getting in the 10's? Some people like nitrous and superchargers and some people like **** rings and male enhancement pills. I like like do things naturally:) see I can play too: j/k around

i dont know what itll turn. do a search and see what guys have run with similar mods. the car will be fast, i know that. i think you will be very close. not sure what kind of trans work youre thinking of, i might save the money and run it as and see what happens. if it aint broke dont fix it.