k&N Filter system

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently put a K&N filter system on my 09 vert. spent bout 500.00... is there a benefit to it?? It definately looks great but I think that is all I am getting.

Also the little circle o rings for the sensors, I tore one and still put it on should I have replaced that?

Thanks for your input

Reaction score
I think the SRT guys will respond and tell you that they spent a lot of time developing the filter and air box on the Gen4 and that it is optimal for the engine, and with the ram air the hood gives at speed that it is the only good option for filter integrity.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want the killer look, i'll sell my K&N Typhoon kit for $300 + shipping. Like brand new, it's been on the car for 2 weeks only.

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT, as long as you are lurking here how about showing us
a few pics on Monday. We won't tell anyone

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of hype about the K&N but, I run it on my car and have for a few years. I really didn't see any performance change but, when you have so much HP you probably would not feel any difference or a change in your ET. My 04 runs 11.55 @121 mph but I don't really think it's much more than being a good driver with good launches and consistant shifting at the right moment. I think most of the bolt on stuff in front of the clutch has a lot to be desired. I actually think it's what's behind it is where it counts. A solid clutch designed for racing, strong half shafts, OS Giken LSD differential with some strong dana gears, ad some lightweight SSR 18" rims wrapped in M&H Racemasters and you got something you can get nasty with. I don't have headers but, have given some thought of adding but, not much bang for the buck. I have a mail in DC tune, which that even didn't give me much in the HP area maybe 15 ofr 18 HP but it did help the whole engine run smoother. I had the manifold ported but, again only so much you can do with an 04 manifold. I had always thought that the 04 top should be removable to access the castings on the inside. Low and behold the gen 4 finally did that. I am sure it's better than mine but mine works ok. Again nothing to write home about. When I first started to run the drag strip I was runing in the low to mid 12 second range but with practice, a launch light and shift light, and the items listed above and a PLX Tach which I can read the digital numbers it becomes very easy to read.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets