Kumho is soon to release V700 in 345/30-19 size

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to the Kumho rep. I met yesterday, they are soon to release V700 in 345/30-19 size. May be by Feb '07.... Can anyone confirm this?

Also how do I post the pics?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
They've already got this tire, Ecsta V-700 in 335/30 18 but I guess it would be nice to have it in 19's for some of the guys that just want to switch rims and tires and not have to lower the car.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z0-who! You Gen III guys are gonna rock with a sticky rear tires. Start installing your short gears now and bye bye Z06.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Kumhos best mod I ever did. Gen IIIs already handle incredibly can't even imagine what they will do with Kumhos.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the Kumho rep. I met yesterday, they are soon to release V700 in 345/30-19 size. May be by Feb '07.... Can anyone confirm this?

Also how do I post the pics?

This sounds really good. Give Luke a call at the Tire Rack and ask him or keep checking in the Tire section of this forum.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Kumhos a good street tire or a track tire only? :ooo:

Flash

I have a set of these tires (in 18 inch sizes 305s up front, and 335s in the rear.)
You could use them on the street. At full tread depth, they're even decent in the rain (by "decent" I meant that you probably won't die if you're careful.)

They are very very sticky, and don't need a ton of warm up time like some of the other sticky tires (Pilot Sport Cups.) The down side is they will wear out pretty quickly compared with Pilot Sports (or even Sport Cups.)

For use on the track, you need to get them shaved (otherwise they chunk pretty bad), which means that they will wear out even quicker on the street because shaving reduces tread and that means less wear.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Kumho Mx Ecsta's on my roadcourse car, they transition very well from street to track...handle great in the rain, and have lots of grip on the turns

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I too run Kumho Ecsta V-700's both on the track (01 GTS - ACR) in 305 front and 335 rears and on the street, on the rear of my 925 rwhp beast.

Yes, you will want to shave them for track use if you run the car ******* a twisty course. A couple of our guys run them at Willow Springs - which is a fast track - without shaving them and they don't chunk.

They work extremely well on the street at full tread and will give you almost the same wear as Pilots on the rear, depending upon how you drive. These tires are run full tread in wet conditions by some track guys / racers.

This is good news if it comes true. I hope they don't make them so darn tall - like our stock Pilots, but make them a bit shorter, similar to other 19's.

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960