Kumho V700 vs. Michelin P2 vs. Toyo R888????

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also why was this "old Thread" left in the other area until it got a little heated????

Because I was asked to move it to the appropriate section "Tires" some time ago and never got around to it until I received complaints about the accusations in this thread. My bad for not moving it sooner but that's irrelevant.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry! I didn't mean to start a ruckus. I posted here because this thread helped me make my decision. As far as shopping around goes, I've actually got wholesale accts set up with a couple of national tire distributors and PartsRack was able to save me some money above my already discounted prices. I know what you mean though. Can't we all just get along :D.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I was asked to move it to the appropriate section "Tires" some time ago and never got around to it until I received complaints about the accusations in this thread. My bad for not moving it sooner but that's irrelevant.
Please do expand on these "accusations." The mention of anything in that manner is telling. Very telling. You may move to a clean thread if you wish. However, I do not believe in going behind closed doors when someone is "accusing."

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please do expand on these "accusations." The mention of anything in that manner is telling. Very telling. You may move to a clean thread if you wish. However, I do not believe in going behind closed doors when someone is "accusing."

GR8_ASP, PM sent rather than clutter this thread any further.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why are you going out of your way to try to move business away from PartsRack? Funny way for the wife of the VCA President to treat one of the strongest and most reliable VCA supporters.

Maybe for every thread about the VCA raffle someone should make a post about other possible raffles. Or posts about joning the VCA with a post about other car clubs you can join. I do not condone those, nor your obvious intent with such a post.

Easy to see, but thanks for noticing. Wow, I am grateful.

If this club and website has a 'conscience' as some have said, then the bosses should not appear biased......VCA officers and even mods could simply point to the LIST of vendors here, linked below, to be fair to all sponsors. Even in my VCA NOTES columns I usually mentioned all sponsors!

There is nothing wrong with citing EXPERIENCE, but always touting ONE Dodge dealer ignores all the VCAs others great dealers.
Sponsor links INCLUDING a VCA raffle link! :

Viper Club of America

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If this club and website has a 'conscience' as some have said, then the bosses should not appear biased......VCA officers and even mods could simply point to the LIST of vendors here, linked below, to be fair to all sponsors. Even in my VCA NOTES columns I usually mentioned all sponsors!

There is nothing wrong with citing EXPERIENCE, but always touting ONE Dodge dealer ignores all the VCAs others great dealers.

Viper Club of America

Maybe the best way for everyone to unwedge their shorts from what seems to be a massive pucker-vortex on this topic is in addition to naming a specific site sponsor from experience in our posts, also link to the Site Sponsor List. This way nobody gets offended. For example:

"blah blah blah..I've had a great experience with Tire Option when I purchased my [insert tire brand] for my '01 RT/10. In addition to Tire Option, we have many fine vendors/site supporters to choose from. Please visit our Sponsor List for more choices!"

This way, we can tout experience with a site sponsor AND pitch our site sponsors at the same time. Heck...we can even tie in the Reviews section into the response so the OP can read a recommendation, link the sponsor list and what's being said about them (and the raffle link :)) all in one post!

Conspiracy theories aside...can't we all just get along?

- Tony

Last edited:

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper Club of America

Am I missing something? The post didn't seemed biased at all it clearly mentioned two other vendors. :confused:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a bit off-topic here, but are the V700's available in 18" for a GenII?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a bit off-topic here, but are the V700's available in 18" for a GenII?

A little off topic?? You mean a question about 1 of the tires in the thread?:D

Yes, they're still avail. I just got some this week, and going to post pics (because of some concerns of how they look on the 18" Gen2 wheels). Price did go up though on the 20th :mad:.
avail in 305F, 335R

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little off topic?? You mean a question about 1 of the tires in the thread?:D

Yes, they're still avail. I just got some this week, and going to post pics (because of some concerns of how they look on the 18" Gen2 wheels). Price did go up though on the 20th :mad:.
avail in 305F, 335R

Great! Post pics when you can. Thanks. - Tony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Tony we do have them in stock, but REARS are getting low supply again. Here is a PIC as requested of the 18" set of V-700s. "Under $1100" per set of 4

1372d1211321243-ssr-18-lightweights-back-stock-under-2000-set-img_0018-small-.jpg

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thanks Jon. Now I need to make a final decision on which one to go with.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....Am I missing something? The post didn't seemed biased at all it clearly mentioned two other vendors. .....

Yes you are. But you have to notice the overall referral pattern as GR8ASP pointed out, not just this edited thread. It is very obvious.
The original poster of the thread got his tires here and posted so, (thanks); as did several others here (thanks.) So I am delighted with and grateful for the Viper Owner / member support of this VCA sponsor.

Tony posted a good solution above. VCA bosses posting for public consumption should consider a recap of ALL sponsors, not just a select few. I hope it becomes consensus-practice. I hope this ends the issue, esp since me and my customers seem HAPPY as was pointed out above.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm deciding between the PS2's and V700's. Lot's of great info being posted here about experiences for both. I'm infatuated with the idea of stickier tires...I love corners. :) I don't (shamefully admit) put a lot of miles on my Viper, maybe 3-4K a year, so when I am out and about with the Viper I like to drive like I stole it. I may get caught in an occasional rain shower, it's happened twice since I owned the car and I hardly drive it in the rain unless I must. I don't drive in the winter due to snow, ice and all the nasty stuff on the road up here in the northeast during the winter season. In the fall, I may take out the Viper in 40 degree weather.

Here's my concern. I have the following schedule lined up soon:

5/22 - Drag Strip Day (Lebanon Valley)
5/23 - Auto Cross (NE Zone Event/Pocono CSD)
5/25 & 5/26 - Pocono Raceway

I'm afraid that by the time I make the trek to/from the strip/pocono the V700's will be bald. :D I'm willing to test out that theory if someone would like to donate set. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm deciding between the PS2's and V700's. .......Here's my concern. I have the following schedule lined up soon:

5/22 - Drag Strip Day (Lebanon Valley)
5/23 - Auto Cross (NE Zone Event/Pocono CSD)
5/25 & 5/26 - Pocono Raceway

I'm afraid that by the time I make the trek to/from the strip/pocono the V700's will be bald. .......

I sent you a longer recap, but I did cord a pair of NEW V700 rears in 3 days at an AZ VCA event. But I was dragging, Auto-Xing, and giving runway show-off rides....pay-to-play. PS2 would fare a lot better

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I corded a full set of V700's in one day at autocrossing. Only 6 times around the circuit (4 hot). I found, at least for me, that they are great for the street and for road track. But the extreme overheating that can be created during an autocross was over the top.

Jon if I still have a job tomorrow (evening) I will order a new set!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I corded a full set of V700's in one day at autocrossing. Only 6 times around the circuit (4 hot). I found, at least for me, that they are great for the street and for road track. But the extreme overheating that can be created during an autocross was over the top.

Jon if I still have a job tomorrow (evening) I will order a new set!

We have the PartsRack Stimulus Package:

Buy The Tires Now, and if you lose your job we will make your monthy payment on the tires for up to 6 months. fine print: Up-Front Payment in Full is required

Seriously, BEST WISHES for a settled MayDay

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing I can say is that even if the Kumho's are ugly, the grip is unreal....
Not even a comparison with the old Pilots.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony- Which tires did you buy?:confused: PS-2 or Kuhmo 700. How do you like them?I am also trying to decide between the two, I want a set tires for my new ACR.:drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony- Which tires did you buy?:confused: PS-2 or Kuhmo 700. How do you like them?I am also trying to decide between the two, I want a set tires for my new ACR.:drive:

I bought the PS2's and it's been complete BLISS since installing them. Just a totally different handling Viper as I'm no longer afraid of cornering fast as I used to be on my old pilots. Straight line traction is at a whole new level for me. The tires stick incredibly well. These are on my GenII. Every time I pull the Viper into the garage after a day of driving the smell of freshly cooked tires permeates the garage. :D Track day was like 500% more enjoyable at Pocono this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave