LA Auto show killed it

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can tell to the point of almost certainty just by looking at some of those pictures that the SRT coupe will share the trunk tub of an SRT-10 Convert. That means, if someone was crazy enough to do it, you could quite easily convert a Conv. SRT into a Coupe SRT, in its entirety.

Just a pointless, random thought.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That means, if someone was crazy enough to do it, you could quite easily convert a Conv. SRT into a Coupe SRT, in its entirety.

Or possibly do something even better, but that is ALL I am going to say for now... :2tu:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell to the point of almost certainty just by looking at some of those pictures that the SRT coupe will share the trunk tub of an SRT-10 Convert. That means, if someone was crazy enough to do it, <font color="red">you could quite easily convert a Conv. SRT into a Coupe SRT, in its entirety. </font> Just a pointless, random thought.

And so vice versa eh... ;)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought the car looked much better in person, less awkward, more "Viperish". I don't know why I feel that way, because when I first saw it in pictures, it didn't look that good. Maybe seeing it in person changes your perspective on the car's scale, shoot, I dunno why, but it looked better sitting there on the floor of the West Hall.

Another car that looks better in person, is the Ford GRM. That car has very suggestive, ****, emotive looks. It really grabs your senses, like the GTS did when I first saw it "back when".

I didn't get that immediate "I love it, I want it" feeling though, when looking at the new Viper coupe. Too bad...

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LA Viper Coupe debut is one of two things. Either DC has a big surprise ready for Detroit next week (THE major US show)or DC has so little that it did not want to be upstaged by the Z06 that WILL debut in Detroit next week. Personally, I'd like to see the former, but fear the latter. For example, if DC focuses on the new "Firepower!" I fear that the Viper tooling is slated for more volume and less power.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The glass hatch looks like it was taken off a Vette.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thousands? You couldn't be lying again could you Craig?

Nah, Craigster the infamous troll BS'ing again...it just couldn't be. ;)
LMAO, that chump just can't seem to find the exit door fast enough.

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert - Thanks for sharing your auto show pictures.

I liked it the first time I saw it! I just hope that they make it in some color other than blue. I am going to have to have a set of those wheels for my current SRT10.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good.

Its no more of a departure in styling than the srt 10. All those that like the SRT should like the gts.

Now the real question is will people buy it knowing its no longer the best performing american car built under 100k. It may equal the new z06 but it will definatly not have the clear advantage we enjoyed in the past.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a sneaking HOPE and suspicion that Dodge will tell us next week at Detroit,
"Hey, we forgot to inform you that the 06 is available with 625HP. It will be available in either the standard slow 500HP or an option for 625HP for an additional cost of $6500."

Now, that would make it real interesting.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a sneaking HOPE and suspicion that Dodge will tell us next week at Detroit,
"Hey, we forgot to inform you that the 06 is available with 625HP. It will be available in either the standard slow 500HP or an option for 625HP for an additional cost of $6500."

Now, that would make it real interesting.

GOD I HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Why suggest an additional cost of $6500? If they are listening, start the bidding, or "wallet-voting" at $1500, let them try to pry more out of the buyers if they can, but don't tell 'em what you would actually pay, or they'll soak you for more.

:)

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I really hate the look of these darn SRT's. So are the good ole' boys at Dodge going for the Vette or Mazda look here!? True be told, the new Vette looks MUCH better than this poor species of Viper (Man it hurt to say that). Well you know the old saying, you can put lip stick on a PIG but it’s still a PIG!

What Chrysler going to do next? …Make it an Automatic! LOL

Really makes all of us appreciate the GEN I and II cars...

Just my .02c

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I liken it to the intro of the Gen I cars in the 1992. So many thought it was ugly, cartoonish. To each his own.

I love it.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 1 cars where a hit from day 1. It graces evry car magazine for years and was universally praised as teh ultimate american sports cars. Th epeople that did not like it where a small minority.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amen to that - Hirohawa! Everyone knew the first Viper’s were a born ledged... and BTW undoubtedly everyone knew it was a Viper, novice –to- Pro.

Cartoonish, Corbraish, Resident Evil, or whateva... It was a VIPER. The GEN III model requires too many hard looks to decipher what the heck it is? Too many times I hear people at shows say, what is that a SR2000 Honda, Vette or a Mazda?

Comment on a point above, maybe that why so many are in stock at Detroit? Or did the Mack Conner plant ramp up mass production with the use of Keebler Elves? LOL

RavenFanc – you’re right – to each his or her own and GOD Bless America.

L8r
1969 RED Flexible Flyer
;0D Razzzz….

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GEN III model requires too many hard looks to decipher what the heck it is? Too many times I hear people at shows say, what is that a SR2000 Honda, Vette or a Mazda?
I guess this holds true to those of you who don't know too much about cars in the first place. I have an SRT and have owned a RT &amp; GTS - never have I heard anyone say the SRT looks like a SR2000, vette or Mazda....if people do say that then I would guess that they are just upset that they can't own one.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now that response is classic… You shouldn't have to “know about cars in the first place” to know what exotic car is what. Case in-point my 80 year old Aunt knows what a Ferrari or Lamborghini is.

By the way I’m selling clues if you want to buy one… I have a successful business model, I’m targeting confused people. ;0D

Knuk - Sounds like you need a hug...

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly you and your aunt are the ones that are confused...I have had several older people come up to me over the years and say how much they like the Viper (GTS, RT, and most of all the SRT) - so help yourself out and your aged aunt before you offer to help others. Maybe you both need glasses?
By the way do you own a Viper? I have owned all 3 models, love the looks of ALL Vipers, and don't feel the need to run them down like you. I believe that deep down inside your wish is to be able to own an SRT some day.... good luck...

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Knuk – here's a HUG. :eek: P

...and since you asked, yes I own two Vipers and I am in the process of purchasing a TVR Tuscan. Not that a NON-CAR guy like me, who needs glasses might I add would expect you to know what that is. So go watch the movie Swordfish.

That said I can assure you, I don't need glasses… my Aunt does, but perhaps she could just borrow the BEER goggles and the ear muffs you wear when you drive and show your car. I’m certain she’ll have plenty of oblivious peace and tranquility while wearing them.

Either way, you have convinced me to change my product line from selling clues to selling TASTE. So let’s not misconstrue facts with the five people that like your Mazda, I’m sorry I meant your (eh-em) Viper. SRT’s DO NOT nor have they impacted the car enthusiast community like the original GEN I and GEN IIs. The best thing Mercedes… Oh I meant Chrysler can do is ditch the line and move on.

Final thought is if Ford would get their heads out of their close to bankrupt @s$ and sold the GT-40 for less (i.e. price of a SRT) the new model Viper’s would already be dead. The Viper’s only selling point is a middle of the road between buying a new Vette and a GT-40. If your going to spend the 80k on a Mazda, might as well ante up the rest of the cash for GT-40. If not then save yourself a few bucks and buy a Vette with almost the same HP. Yikes… I never thought a ******** Viper guy like myself would ever have said that!

Best of luck….
Peace &gt;

PS: Maybe you could ask Dodge to build you some snow tires for that car?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather