Lap times for Viper at Mid-Ohio

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By race end they were three laps behind the class leaders. There's much work to be done and the field is extremely competitive. Adjustments with drag and downforce will certanly help

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The toughest part , in my opinion, is the same thing Vipers had to fight in World Challenge. Due to the engine size they have to run simply awful restrictor plates. Hopefully ALMS will view the 2 second gap and either reduce the weight on the Viper , or let them use a more open plate. This outing was not just a showing for the new GTS-R, but also a testament to ALMS that they may need to relax a few of the restrictions on the Snake to get it into a competitive position - unlike SCCA alot of folks have confidence in the ALMS to work towards equality. I think it is very important to their program to have the Viper back , so some leeway may come about to make the Viper more competitive , though all understand this is a learning/testing year.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching the the in-car/on-car camera in one of the GTSR's (#93 I believe) during the race on the ALMS site. Toward the end of the race when they switched drivers they were struggling with getting the seat belt fastened. I didn't time it but both drivers were working on getting the seatbelt fastened during the last drive change and this cost them a lot of time. Clearly, this seaon is going to be a learning experience. As much I want to see team Viper dominate Le Mans right off the bat, in reality, it's going to take time. Lot to fine tune. Glad to see both Vipers finished without any major engine/car issues. It can only get better from this point forward.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
C'mon guys, you had to know #93 was going to be slow ....... it was wearing yellow! ALL Viper owners know in order for a Viper to be fast, it has to have some Viper Red in it.

Nice showing for first time out! Good luck in the future.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was so awsome being at Mid oh. This past weekend, meeting the drivers and pit crew and watching them back in the game!!!

They ran well, finished the race and started the competition again, a victory for sure!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen