Last Warranty Standing

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The warranty (extended) ends on the 96 tomorrow. Who has the earliest car with the latest warranty expiration date? Any Gen 1's still under warranty? Any more 96's? Who among us will have THE LAST WARRANTY STANDING? (92-96 cars only)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A low milage NEW 94 was just titled THIS year by the purchaser...has a 7 year warranty which started in Feb. '05.

OP
OP
G

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"A low milage NEW 94 was just titled THIS year by the purchaser...has a 7 year warranty which started in Feb. '05."

That is amazing. A car that is 11 years old that has a warranty till 2012.

"Well the guy with the new 94 beats me.
However I might be a close 2nd, my '94's warranty expires 5/07."

Looks like Matt's 94 RT comes in 2nd.

"I have until 5/22/07 on my 95, but yours is a 94 so you win."

Carguy looks to be in 3rd.

Jay Mohr will be in shortly to pass out a 25 year extended warranty to the winner and it's looking like a non-VCA guy is the winner. Before we close this event, any others?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Gerald...the 94 is a preety sweet Viper...you may see the guy at an upcoming meeting.

MAN, it's a nice day today...I can hear a Viper calling to me.....

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would seriously check to see if this warranty is valid. DC cannot write extended warranties on '94 Vipers. There are some dealerships out there selling extended warranties without knowing this. They will find out the hard way when you bring you car in for warranty work and they send Chrysler the bill. Then one of you may have to eat the cost of the repairs.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would seriously check to see if this warranty is valid. DC cannot write extended warranties on '94 Vipers. There are some dealerships out there selling extended warranties without knowing this. They will find out the hard way when you bring you car in for warranty work and they send Chrysler the bill. Then one of you may have to eat the cost of the repairs.

I think you are right......
If it was my car I would have Tator check Warr. status on it...
I am assuming he is talking about a DC ext. warr.
Cheers,

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't close this yet...I know I have 2+ yrs left on my DC warranty on my 96 (just got a new Arrow Engine, thank you VERY MUCH) I'll check my contract tonight for expiration date...cheers Tomer

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a NEW CAR SALE...warranty goes into effect on the "in service date", and lasts 3 years...the optional extended warranty carries it out the other four years. Nothing new about this.

I know SEVERAL who have had had similar deal...and, D-C honors their warranties. Early on, dealers held these cars for show room traffic...come time to move them, they go out as a "new car".

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:

This was a NEW CAR SALE...warranty goes into effect on the "in service date", and lasts 3 years...the optional extended warranty carries it out the other four years. Nothing new about this.

I know SEVERAL who have had had similar deal...and, D-C honors their warranties. Early on, dealers held these cars for show room traffic...come time to move them, they go out as a "new car".

I understand about the "new car" warranty and "in service" dates.. I am just wondering about the extended warranty...
I would check that out before I was suprised in 3 years.
Cheers,

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My '94 has Chrysler coverage until 5/10/96."

Ok, so did it expire 9 yrs. ago, or do you mean in 91 yrs. (2096), or do you mean in 2006, or what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery