LE # 144 in my garage...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are aware the new car has a " Hibernation" mode ( see control panel on the left side of your steering wheel ), so we will have to see if a battery tender is even necessary for the new Snake.

Congrats.

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are aware the new car has a " Hibernation" mode ( see control panel on the left side of your steering wheel ), so we will have to see if a battery tender is even necessary for the new Snake.

Congrats.

Bill

Thanks for letting me know about that feature.. I wasnt sure about what that was ......I will shut off Hybernation
as I always have it on battery tender anyway...:2tu:

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.. Im disrepected all the time in my daily driver Prius...thats ok I've avaergaed 62.3 mpg over 13k miles...all I say is dont judge
a Prius owner just like you cant judge a book by its cover.....

Yep, agree with the book / cover statement! 2 Hybrids here as daily drivers. Not a typical garage combination and it surprises some but that's the way I like it.

You must be registered for see images attach

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, agree with the book / cover statement! 2 Hybrids here as daily drivers. Not a typical garage combination and it surprises some but that's the way I like it.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can agree with this as well but the fact is (at least where I live) its the people driving the hybrids that are judgmental. The drivers of those cars will give me dirty looks every time they see me in one of my 'guzzlers'

So actually I am bit surprised by the comment that you guys are disrespected when driving your hybrids.

BTW...Viper808....I agree with you 100% in regards to enjoying your car by simply being around it. Its the ownership itself that is the most satisfying part for me.

Matt

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can agree with this as well but the fact is (at least where I live) its the people driving the hybrids that are judgmental. The drivers of those cars will give me dirty looks every time they see me in one of my 'guzzlers'

So actually I am bit surprised by the comment that you guys are disrespected when driving your hybrids.

BTW...Viper808....I agree with you 100% in regards to enjoying your car by simply being around it. Its the ownership itself that is the most satisfying part for me.

Matt

Matt ... thanks for to cudo's..... I also think reactions of people are some times different based on what state you live in and many ways where in that state..
In South Florida here..there is such a mix of high end cars, luxury cars, every car imaginable...Its an equal opportunity hater state:lmao:

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt ... thanks for to cudo's..... I also think reactions of people are some times different based on what state you live in and many ways where in that state..
In South Florida here..there is such a mix of high end cars, luxury cars, every car imaginable...Its an equal opportunity hater state:lmao:

exactly. and colorado is full of liberals. =P

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not old parts ..just the previous mold for the casting....
Not sure if they are all like this ? or if the mold will be changed in the future with the new logo..I am sure it will at some point...However, it doesn't bother me as its a brand new part.

Viper gang

You guys are so detailed, and so predictable ;) ! Team Viper debated whether we should spend the money to update this small detail, as this is money we could instead spend on performance improvement elsewhere. At the end of the day, we decided to leave 'Fangs' on the rear diff cover as a small homage to the past (can any of you find Sneaky Pete onboard?...), and this may not remain for long... so it may be that only the early production cars have this cool emblem of our past, cast into their lovely rear ends.

In Detroit, we just laugh that there are other total car nerds out there who (like us) notice this stuff ;) It makes us happy that we at SRT are not the only speed freak dorks out there!

(PS. Bob - gorgeous car - I'm sincerely envious - please enjoy the driving! And as always, thanks for listening all)

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So apparently the LE's are not delivering in numerical order. Glad SRT isn't in charge of delivering Easter - by the time they got around to it we would all be shooting off fireworks, eating hot dogs and raising the flag!

AustinQ

The 'skittles' will be hitting the line soon! As in 'hours' soon! Meaning that Conner Avenue Assembly will finish the 300 pre-spec cars shortly (150 very slowly and carefully built Launch Edition cars, 100 SRT Track Pack cars, and 50 dealer special edition units). And, by the way, please let me tell you that the Conner Assembly team, and SRT Engineering, are very proud, and so pleased, to build these special early production cars that we can't put it into words...we are all sincerely grateful for your interest and investment into America's Supercar. And now, the time has finally come to build some skittles! (your personal orders, in every color available, coming down the line)

Alas, there are many, many custom orders... so for our patient buyers out there seeking word on when their (your!) personal car will be built, please relax. We will build it - but please be patient with us. This is truly hand-crafted in Detroit, Michigan, USA, completely custom-built to your order! And it does take time. Steve Sharples had a great idea when planning Gen 5 to offer a gazillion more options than ever before on Viper, and we will get this done for you - but it is a tall order, and we apologize that it is taking a little longer than we'd planned (but the cars are really good!, so please be proud of Detroit).

(and as always, thanks again for listening)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AustinQ

The 'skittles' will be hitting the line soon! As in 'hours' soon! Meaning that Conner Avenue Assembly will finish the 300 pre-spec cars shortly (150 very slowly and carefully built Launch Edition cars, 100 SRT Track Pack cars, and 50 dealer special edition units). And, by the way, please let me tell you that the Conner Assembly team, and SRT Engineering, are very proud, and so pleased, to build these special early production cars that we can't put it into words...we are all sincerely grateful for your interest and investment into America's Supercar. And now, the time has finally come to build some skittles! (your personal orders, in every color available, coming down the line)

Alas, there are many, many custom orders... so for our patient buyers out there seeking word on when their (your!) personal car will be built, please relax. We will build it - but please be patient with us. This is truly hand-crafted in Detroit, Michigan, USA, completely custom-built to your order! And it does take time. Steve Sharples had a great idea when planning Gen 5 to offer a gazillion more options than ever before on Viper, and we will get this done for you - but it is a tall order, and we apologize that it is taking a little longer than we'd planned (but the cars are really good!, so please be proud of Detroit).

(and as always, thanks again for listening)

GREAT NEWS!!! This post was worthy of it's own thread....thanks for the update! Maybe with a few pictures, Graham?

Bill

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't stress over FANGS being on the Diff Housing. My SRT-10 had SNEAKY PETE on the side of the T-56 Trans just to the side of the shifter. I don't think SNEAKY PETE is on the T-6060 boxes, but it would be pretty cool having all three Viper logos on a new car. IMHO

I have a prototype 2013 Viper TR6060 in my Gen 3. It has Sneaky Pete still cast into the side of it. I kinda dig that!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper808, I'm not buying a 2013 either but when I see those pictures I can see why you crumbled; I'm so tempted myself.

I'll let the Prius/hybrid drivers disrespect us - they are doing their part to keep gas prices down for us.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry bluestreak... I dont quantify " Viper ownership" based on dollars per mile.... in fact it brings me just as much joy
owning ,looking at it, detailing it and talking about it. Its like a work of art to me. And the miles I do put on it are purposeful miles.... Im just not going to rack up unnessacary miles driving to work, run errands , going here going there...some people have to show off..I dont.( not saying you do ) Just saying for me and others like me the once or twice a month hell ride along with the every moment of the day I enjoy the car thinking about it and looking at it in my garage or driveway .. is more than enough of a value ratio to me... there is nothing else I would rather spend my money on ( except family of course, they are always taken care of first)
. Might want to look into just getting a really big poster:)..lol. J/k.

palindrome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God I hate it when people tease you with deals they got and then not tell you what they paid how how much they got on trade in.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see similar posts like the one from AustinQ, it lets me knows that the SRT family is actually making amends.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys ..just want you to know I am not bragging. I am a private person and would actually preferre no one knew I even have the car. However, I know there are allot of poeple out there that want as much info and pictures about the car ..so thats why I am doing theses posts...Because the car is so new...I feel a certain obligation as a new owner of this new Generation of Viper to offer images and details..the best I can..and I am Happy to do it for everyone.

If anyone wants some info or a certain image let me know..I will do what I can to to oblige..
Congratulations on your new ride and thank you for posting the pics :2tu: Must be a Great feeling walking out of the dealership after buying a car like that :) Enjoy your new ride
Mark
:uk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave