1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LE # 144 in my garage...

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Viper808, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member VCA Member

You are aware the new car has a " Hibernation" mode ( see control panel on the left side of your steering wheel ), so we will have to see if a battery tender is even necessary for the new Snake.

Congrats.

2. Viper808

Viper808 Viper Owner

Bill

Thanks for letting me know about that feature.. I wasnt sure about what that was ......I will shut off Hybernation
    as I always have it on battery tender anyway...:2tu:

3. SSGNRDZ_28

SSGNRDZ_28 Enthusiast

Yep, agree with the book / cover statement! 2 Hybrids here as daily drivers. Not a typical garage combination and it surprises some but that's the way I like it.

HOME4.jpg

4. commandomatt

commandomatt Enthusiast

I can agree with this as well but the fact is (at least where I live) its the people driving the hybrids that are judgmental. The drivers of those cars will give me dirty looks every time they see me in one of my 'guzzlers'

So actually I am bit surprised by the comment that you guys are disrespected when driving your hybrids.

BTW...Viper808....I agree with you 100% in regards to enjoying your car by simply being around it. Its the ownership itself that is the most satisfying part for me.

Matt

5. Viper808

Viper808 Viper Owner

Matt ... thanks for to cudo's..... I also think reactions of people are some times different based on what state you live in and many ways where in that state..
    In South Florida here..there is such a mix of high end cars, luxury cars, every car imaginable...Its an equal opportunity hater state:lmao:

6. madninjaskillz

madninjaskillz Enthusiast

exactly. and colorado is full of liberals. =P

7. Dereiter

Dereiter Enthusiast

Congrats on the car! Enjoy it.

8. Mister Viper

Mister Viper Viper Owner

Viper gang

You guys are so detailed, and so predictable ;) ! Team Viper debated whether we should spend the money to update this small detail, as this is money we could instead spend on performance improvement elsewhere. At the end of the day, we decided to leave 'Fangs' on the rear diff cover as a small homage to the past (can any of you find Sneaky Pete onboard?...), and this may not remain for long... so it may be that only the early production cars have this cool emblem of our past, cast into their lovely rear ends.

In Detroit, we just laugh that there are other total car nerds out there who (like us) notice this stuff ;) It makes us happy that we at SRT are not the only speed freak dorks out there!

(PS. Bob - gorgeous car - I'm sincerely envious - please enjoy the driving! And as always, thanks for listening all)

9. Mister Viper

Mister Viper Viper Owner

AustinQ

The 'skittles' will be hitting the line soon! As in 'hours' soon! Meaning that Conner Avenue Assembly will finish the 300 pre-spec cars shortly (150 very slowly and carefully built Launch Edition cars, 100 SRT Track Pack cars, and 50 dealer special edition units). And, by the way, please let me tell you that the Conner Assembly team, and SRT Engineering, are very proud, and so pleased, to build these special early production cars that we can't put it into words...we are all sincerely grateful for your interest and investment into America's Supercar. And now, the time has finally come to build some skittles! (your personal orders, in every color available, coming down the line)

Alas, there are many, many custom orders... so for our patient buyers out there seeking word on when their (your!) personal car will be built, please relax. We will build it - but please be patient with us. This is truly hand-crafted in Detroit, Michigan, USA, completely custom-built to your order! And it does take time. Steve Sharples had a great idea when planning Gen 5 to offer a gazillion more options than ever before on Viper, and we will get this done for you - but it is a tall order, and we apologize that it is taking a little longer than we'd planned (but the cars are really good!, so please be proud of Detroit).

(and as always, thanks again for listening)

10. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Enthusiast

GREAT NEWS!!! This post was worthy of it's own thread....thanks for the update! Maybe with a few pictures, Graham?

Bill

11. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

I have a prototype 2013 Viper TR6060 in my Gen 3. It has Sneaky Pete still cast into the side of it. I kinda dig that!

12. viperbilliam

viperbilliam Enthusiast

Viper808, I'm not buying a 2013 either but when I see those pictures I can see why you crumbled; I'm so tempted myself.

I'll let the Prius/hybrid drivers disrespect us - they are doing their part to keep gas prices down for us.

13. dragon rider

dragon rider Enthusiast

Congrats. Viper808. Enjoy your car as you see fit. They are works of art.

14. ulllose

ulllose Viper Owner

. Might want to look into just getting a really big poster:)..lol. J/k.

15. KenricGTS

KenricGTS Viper Owner

Love your blue with white! My favorite color!

16. palindrome

palindrome Enthusiast

God I hate it when people tease you with deals they got and then not tell you what they paid how how much they got on trade in.

17. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Enthusiast

I'd like to see similar posts like the one from AustinQ, it lets me knows that the SRT family is actually making amends.

18. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

Congratulations on your new ride and thank you for posting the pics :2tu: Must be a Great feeling walking out of the dealership after buying a car like that :) Enjoy your new ride
    Mark
    :uk: