Leaking anti-freeze??

juniormint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After diving about 150 miles, I parked my car down my drive way it started to leak(again) , last time it happen I took into the shop and we exchanged a radiator cap and that seem to be correct the problem, now today it was leaking again, I opened up the hood and my upper radiator hose was steaming at the connection part(that's connected to the radiator), any suggestion my radiator and the cap and the hoses our aftermarket, what could it be?

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steam at the connection part probably means a leak from there.

Look for a hairline slit. Put pressure on the hose (when temps are cool) and see if any squirts out...there is your leak.

Also try to tightnen the clamps. Not too tight or they may cut into the hose.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had hoses separate at the plys before as well. A bubble forms in between and a leak from the inside occurs and coolant seeps out between the plys out past the clamp.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
and my upper radiator hose was steaming at the connection part(that's connected to the radiator), any suggestion my radiator and the cap and the hoses our aftermarket, what could it be?

When you say the connection part to the radiator, I am assuming you are referring to the neck where the hose goes over.
My first bet would be the hose. If it was overtightened when replaced last, the clamp could have cut into the hose, but if it was not tightened quiet enough, it would allow the pressure to escape.
My second bet would be the neck itself. If overtightened too much, it could bend the neck.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good news is it sounds cheap. New radiator at VERY worst, although I am sure soumeone could fix a bad neck. Probably hose..

OP
OP
J

juniormint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and my upper radiator hose was steaming at the connection part(that's connected to the radiator), any suggestion my radiator and the cap and the hoses our aftermarket, what could it be?

When you say the connection part to the radiator, I am assuming you are referring to the neck where the hose goes over.
My first bet would be the hose. If it was overtightened when replaced last, the clamp could have cut into the hose, but if it was not tightened quiet enough, it would allow the pressure to escape.
My second bet would be the neck itself. If overtightened too much, it could bend the neck.

Yes