Let's See Your HIDS

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like alot of interest in these lately...I am also looking to buy a set too. I would love to see some pics of them up and running on your Viper, Especially the night shots..please state the K rating on your bulbs as well...lots of folks cant decide which Kelvin rating to buy, so the pics will help greatly...Thanks...Al :)

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine are 6000k. Both pictures are when the lights were just turned on-they cool down a bit to more of a white color when the lights warm up.
You must be registered for see images attach

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HLN, looks great. Now I KNOW I made the right choice, by ordering the 6000k's...

Did you use the wiring harness, or did you just hook them up "plug n' play" style.. Either way will work.. Ive been told the wiring harness would yield better performance though.

I just ordered a McCulloch 6000k kit.. McCulloch is the best on the market.. Not one of those cheap Ebay kits.. Ive Been on the fence about this for a LONG time.. 6000k seems to be the most popular option. Anything over 6000k, just looks ricey... And while the 4300 is the "brightest". It isnt "exotic" enough for my taste... I have 6000k Phillips Ultinons on my 2005 E55. Which came from the factory as stated. Go for 6000k.. Nearly the same output as 4300k, with a much nicer color..

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fogs and headlights by R&J cant remember what rateing though.....Suppose i should find out incase i need a bulb....

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some nice shots guys...Where do you mount the 2nd ballast when doing the driving lights???? Thanks...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are 6000k. Both pictures are when the lights were just turned on-they cool down a bit to more of a white color when the lights warm up.

Why is the driving light so different in the 2 photos???? Al

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 2nd pic, he did the HID conversion, on the fogs as well.. I was thinking about doing this. I'll stick with just converting the 9005 low beam bulb, for now. And see how I like it..

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are some nice shots guys...Where do you mount the 2nd ballast when doing the driving lights???? Thanks...Al
I mounted the ballast to the splash shield and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do that. Still haven't come up with a better easy way though.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted the ballast to the splash shield and if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do that. Still haven't come up with a better easy way though.

The ballast should fit inside the headlamp housing.. Thats what I plan on doing..

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're in anything aside from a Viper, go ahead and drive in front of HLN. If you're in a Viper, put on some sunglasses and dim the rearview or just let him pass. Those things will sear your retinas in broad daylight!

HLN, did you do it yourself? How hard was it? My brother has a Charger and added a Demon Eye kit to it and he had to literally cook the headlamps for a little bit to loosen the adhesive and pull them apart. Was your install that complicated?

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ 2001 GTS What brand are yours, and do you think the 8Ks are to blue or just right..Thanks...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the difference between genuine XENON HID lights and Xenon gas-filled bulbs?
High Intensity Discharge (HID) is a type of lighting technology that replaces the filament of the light bulb with Xenon gas. The gas is ignited to produce an arc of light, when high voltage is applied. The amount of light output is three times that of a standard halogen bulb. The lamps also glow at a higher light temperature (closer to natural sunlight) that gives it its distinct color and appearance.
Other companies produce halogen bulbs that are gas-filled. They still have a filament as they are halogen technology, but the gas gives the bulb a bluer color when lit. Xenon-filled halogen bulbs produce little or no more light output then standard halogen bulbs of the same wattage.
"It should be noted that halogen technology is not comparable to the Xenon discharge technology, fitted as original equipment to more and more of the world's finest cars. " - Philips
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY COMPANIES THAT OFFER HID LOOK BULBS! They are not a true XENON HID light system.

The more research I do I think I am better off getting the Phillips units..Al

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered McCulloch, they have as good, if not better reputation the philips.. Philips are good also, but are $500++ for the kit. McCulloch are about $300 or so. Stay away from the $50 buck, Ebay kits. They are garbage.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 8000K is just right. Not too blue and not white either.

Also...it is a McCulloch kit. Super easy to install

Simi Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is mine with 6000K, it's mounted inside the head light housing.

^^^Ballast mounted inside head light housing^^^

^^^Lh side with Hid, Rh side with conventional bulb^^^

^^^Both with Hids^^^

7-LITRE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
won that kit on ebay off heffner. here are the specs on kit and another shot.

HID Bulb type: h1;h3;h4 low;h7;9005/06 (kit specific) power consumption: 35 w length from base to tip of bulb: 58mm(2 58") opperating temp: -35c to +85c type hb3/4 color galaxy white r code aaa202

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4