Let's see your upgraded Crankcase Ventilation System

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time experimenting on both blower and turbo cars, and agree with Dan, these setups are the best as they do a great job of pulling the oil out of the air before they vent (they are full of screens and plastic mesh), and they drain the oil back into the crankcase. No emptying puke cans.....
My 2 bits..

-Dave.

Taking my design, eh? LOL... thats OK. :headbang:

Let me know if you want them/spacers/rails anodized Blue to match your car... Multiple peices is actually pretty reasonable.

[general]
We have been using these types since 05 or so. They have proven to be exceptional in everthing from NA to SC and TT cas of all power levels. Not only do they vent much better than a hose-equipped system, but they also dont require draining, as they automatically drip back into the valve covers whatever they collect. Not to mention, I think they look fantastic, as well as cutting down on the unnecessary hoses, cans, filters, valves, etc. that clutter up the engine compartment. They arent too pricey either, about 85-90 bucks each, and the K&N breathers are about 15-20/side. We offer them anodized as well for about 106 each+ filters.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will that bolt up nice and easy then? Is there room in front of the Viper crank pulley for that extension? It'd be cool if it would, but I'm thinking-among other concerns when installing- that there wouldn't be room in front of the crank pulley for the drive.

Some of these belt driven vacuum pumps aren't meant for constant street duty and have to be rebuilt somewhat regularly. Some can take a Summer's worth of use though.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are the types we use.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Is there more feedback on this system? It almost looks to good to be true. :D Does it still smell of oil? When removing the external filters and running hoses to the back of the exhaust. Does oil get through the internal filtration and make its way into the exhaust and burning/smoking through the tailpipe?

Thanks.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread. Is there more feedback on this system? It almost looks to good to be true. :D Does it still smell of oil? When removing the external filters and running hoses to the back of the exhaust. Does oil get through the internal filtration and make its way into the exhaust and burning/smoking through the tailpipe?

Thanks.

-I don't know of anyone else running them on a large basis besides us, feedback will probably be limited. However, I think the general consensus of all of the OTHER types is pretty poor, so what do you have to lose?

-The vapor smell will ALWAYS be there unless you have a PCV system and the oil vapor is ingested back into the intake manifold, however when used with an exhaust dumping setup, it is virtually impossible to smell it over the standard exhaust.

-Very little makes it through the internal filters on a dual setup. I was originally seeing maybe a drip or two off the filters through the course of an oil change. When switched to the exhaust venting type, there is nothing noticeable, short of a few specks of oil that make it to the tips. [helps with cleaning, LOL!]

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had vent lines and a catch can put onto my supercharged 06. Disconnected the makeup air line that goes to the airbox but left the PCV in place. Figured that the PCV, when it was seeing vacuum instead of boost, would **** air from the catch can filter. That seemed to work but the problem was the oil smell from the catch can was making my car smell like it was 50 years old (when then still had road draft tubes).

So now I have installed fuel shut off valves in the lines to the catch can and in the make up air line to the airbox. When racing I close the valve on the line to the airbox and open up the lines to the catch can. Reverse for street driving. At least now I don't get no stinking oil smell while driving around town but on the track when the engine will see boost on a regular basis I can just use the catch can. Seems to work without the smell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte