Lifts

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there have been posts on this before but bear with me. I have two side by side parking spaces at my condo in Seattle. Planning on putting a lift to hold two vipers. What is the width of a typical lift, suggestions for a lift brand, and what is my height requirement. Thanks.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had started a thread a long time ago but cant seem to find it now. A lot of good info in it. You need to know the total height of both cars. Add 5 inches for the lift rails and another 3 in (I think) for unlocking the lift and that should give you the total garage height needed to get a lift. I went with a Back Yard Buddy. Great lift. well constructed right her in the USA (and built in Ohio :)) Nine ft. 2 1.5 in. is the width of my lift. Hope this is a start.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 rotary (revolution) lifts here. Very pleased with them. 10' 2" wide x 19' long (including ramps).

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satisfied with Quality Lifts. Can special order extended width or extended height if needed.

FLAT OUT

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have had a Bend Pak lift for about 5 years now and it has been very reliable. And it is used quite a lot! They make it in 120v or 240v, They have different sizes availabe

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...I have no..read that as zero experience with these things. Will get out the measuring tape and get some dimensions so you can give me some advise on what I need. Thanks all. Bob

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs up for Rotary - but be sure to get the USA made one. Also have a German Nusbaum (Nut Tree) and it has dual controls. Pricey but saves lots of walking. Rotary is 7000 lb Nusbaum 9000 lb Both are great.

2 rotary (revolution) lifts here. Very pleased with them. 10' 2" wide x 19' long (including ramps).

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 Greg Smith lifts, very happy with them.. Also note that they make a double wide lift as well.. So if you are looking for 2, that may be another option instead of 2 singles.. Good luck..

lpjr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bendpak here as well. VERY pleased with the after sale availability of accessories and response times when placing orders.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 Greg Smiths here too. No problems with either of them.

I have 2 Greg Smith lifts, very happy with them.. Also note that they make a double wide lift as well.. So if you are looking for 2, that may be another option instead of 2 singles.. Good luck..

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg Smith atlas 8000ext is narrow enough for my single door two car bay but wide enough for the viper.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do make sure you get the width measured to be sure you can go two lifts side by side in your bays (assuming you don't go for a doublewide). Mine is installed in one bay of a double-door bay and really cramps the car parked next to it.....another similar lift would never make it in there side-by-side....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235