Local garage flooring recommendations???

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm working through the grueling process of my new house purchase in Westchester County (mentioned it in a recent thread) and am starting to get ideas about getting rid of the ugly dirty concrete floors in the garage and put down a really nice poured epoxy or poured rubber flake floor down. Do any of you guys have any good experiences and/or recommendations of which companies do a nice job, what approximate prices are for a 3 car garage, and who you would recommend? If you have pics of your garages, please post on here as well so I might get some good ideas.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put down a two-part epoxy on my garage floor 5 years ago: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/613811-My-Garage-Floor-Project...?highlight=garage+floor I did it myself with the help of friend in the coatings business. The coating I used was an industrial product. I have no company recommendations to make because I never used one for this type of project. But the advice I can give you may help you find the right companies. First, it's ALL ABOUT THE PREP WORK. I detailed this in my thread above. If the floor isn't prepped and ready to accept a coating the end result will be poor. Doesn't matter if it's a Stone Hard or a Home depot off-the-shelf epoxy product the prep work is going to make or break the final outcome. If your concrete floor is dirty it needs to be cleaned. I recommend shot-peening it like I did with mine. This will clean it and rough up the surface to accept the epoxy/primer. Make certain the company also tests the concrete for moisture and moisture absorption. Fill in and fix any cracks. etc.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ArmonkViper... I went with a concrete stain to stay in character with the stucco and stone exterior of the house. It looks great at first but the winter takes it toll and it has to be touched up which is actually pretty easy. You just roll some more stain on. No matter what you do in this region it will be tough to maintain it.

You must be registered for see images attach

s66353h

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I went with vinyl flooring that was meant for a garage. Winter kills a lot of flooring. This can expand and contract without breaking and wont break under the weight of a car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235