Local NY Helmet Painting?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have some numbers painted on my helmet. I'd consider some "design" too, but no doubt that would increase the price. Does anyone know/use someone local that can to some simple numbers without some expensive minimum that costs as much as the helmet?

I tried with some vinyl numbers, but I couldn't manage with a curved surface and they looked awful.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe a vinyl decal/sign guy can do vinyl for ya. gonna be a minimum charge im sure.

then look into a sign painter. ive had things painted in the past and they were cheap.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe a vinyl decal/sign guy can do vinyl for ya. gonna be a minimum charge im sure.
Did exactly that. Played with soap/hairdryer/razor blade...the works to get it right for a good 2 hours. Trashed it all!

then look into a sign painter. ive had things painted in the past and they were cheap.

I guess I'll look around for that. Was hoping someone knew someone? :dunno:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a guy in my car club painted my helmet for me and put my name, #, car, etc and some flames. I don't have the helmet anymore (it was SA2000), but he said he just spray painted it:) he did put the # on the back where it was more FLAT (lower center)...he said he just used a stencil.

just a thought.

now you got me thinking, I have a 2nd black helmet I might try some stuff on, would love to have a sneaky pete on it.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this done by a guy in Canada.

That's SWEET...but falls into the "costs more than the helmet" catagory.

The stencil idea might work. The less talent needed...the better I do for sure!

Russ...I never left. I just lurk more now. How could I possibly give up hanging with buds like you?!

You must be registered for see images

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can probably do it for you. Pretty busy with baseball catchers masks and hockey masks..but I could squeeze a helmet in if its a simple design.

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 7
  • tank3.JPG
    tank3.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 10
  • mustang.JPG
    mustang.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can probably do it for you. Pretty busy with baseball catchers masks and hockey masks..but I could squeeze a helmet in if its a simple design.

Nick

Simple as a 2 digit number on the back? 4"-5" tall. Maybe in silver.

That would be great!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a simple DIY job if you don't want anything fancy. Go to Autozone or PepBoys and get the following.

1. Automotive masking tape, thinnest width
2. Automotive sandpaper.
3. Primer in spray can.
4. Paint (whatever color you want) in spray can.

Everything should cost about $20-30. Then just mask the number you want, sand the exposed area, prime and paint. The hardest part will be getting the masking done right for curved numbers but a scissors will come in very handy.

Good luck!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything should cost about $20-30. Then just mask the number you want, sand the exposed area, prime and paint. The hardest part will be getting the masking done right for curved numbers but a scissors will come in very handy.

Good luck!

or.. spray the entire helmet the color you want the numbers....put the numbers on, then spray helmet again with color you want the helmet to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger