LoJack and anti-theft thoughts for the SRT...

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the slightly greater ease of a thief getting into an SRT, I'm wondering if anyone has done anything creative in the SRT security department? I'm pondering a standard LoJack (vehicle recovery system) plus LoJack's Early Warning (calls your phone & sends you an email if vehicle is moved without your permission so you don't discover car was stolen 8 hours earlier from office parking garage). IMHO, you want your stolen car back very fast---or never at all.

Also noticed on the web that LoJack and others offer an interior motion detector for convertibles (instead of or in addition to the typical impact/shock sensors). Anyone have any experience with these items (falsing/reliability, etc)? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For when you are in the car, I recommend the Smith and Wesson security system.

I have a nice hidden holster mount for my .45 located just above my right knee under the dash in the Corvette.

Vipers being the flashy cars they are, what is the theft rate for them? Less than more generic ones, I bet.

I can't remember ever reading a thread on this board about a Viper getting stolen.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoJack always sounded like a good idea to me, but I never got it for my car. I did have a motion sensor alarm on my previous Mustang convertible. It had two zones, inside the car, and outside. The inside feature was the nicest because you could leave the top down in a busy parking lot and people could walk by without tripping the alarm, but when they reached in or tried to open the doors, the alarm would go off.

The downsides to the motion sensor alarm was that with the car outside in heavy winds, the convertible roof top fabric would flap a bit, setting off the alarm. Also cats jumping up on the roof would set it off. So I had to reduce the sensitivity of the sensors to cut down on false alarms, and then it worked fine after that.

-Dean.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather have a loud @ss alarm that goes off if anyone tries jacking your car. i dont rely on phone and email to tell me my car is stolen. you have to carry a phone and stay online to be alert, :confused: nah.

Max

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also cats jumping up on the roof would set it off. So I had to reduce the sensitivity of the sensors to cut down on false alarms, and then it worked fine after that.

If a cat jumps on my cars roof I want the alarm going off because I want notice to go get a gun and get the idiotic cat that dares to sit on my car.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff...

I had the LoJack early warning system installed on my car at delivery and it has worked flawlessly(I guess...how do you know until it is stolen? :) ) The install went without a problem and no problem with the car since it was put on.

CStegall

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4