Long Distance Cruising

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove my new Viper up to San Jose, CA from Las Vegas for the Thanksgiving holidays: It's almost 600 miles and I did it just under 9 hours. I was pretty comfortable and had the top down for a good part of the way. The time seemed to zip by because I was so enthralled by the car. I averaged 65 to 70 on the way up. On the way back it was 75 to 80. Cruise control would have been nice but I was able to position my right foot around to keep comfortable. Of course it was the star at the family gathering. I took my mother around (she's 77) and my sister rode in it (she's not small). I was afraid they would be uncomfortable with their wider hips but they weren't. The seats made them feel pretty secure. It was a little hard for my mother to get in and out but she was a good sport about it and enjoyed some of the top down cruising. She noted the bumpy ride though but also noted the flat cornering. During the first month of my ownership I noted America loves the Vipers! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have #4 although I'm not sure what difference it really makes whether it's #1 or #100. That's an awesome collection of muscle cars you got. My first car was a 65 GTO but I always thought the Roadrunners/GTXs were the "baddest" ones around.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get A Valentine 1 and let that dog hunt! There's some nice open road on the 58 on the way to the 15. See ya in Vegas. (known to hang out in Starbucks at Eastern and Horzion Ridge, Henderson)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456