Looking for a 2002 GTS ACR Graphite Color

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an 02 GTS ACR Graphite for sale?

Anyone know who owns the 1 Blue 02 GTS ACR?

Any ideas on value and what I can expect to pay?

Thanks!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why are you limiting yourself strictly to ACR?? I don't believe there's that much difference in hp plus they're missing some luxury options right?? unless you're a collector and just want the more rare ACR. Recently someone about 5 miles from me was selling a 2002 graphite GTS but no ACR. If you interested I can try to find him

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which luxury options are they missing? Yes please let me know if he is selling. Thanks!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which luxury options are they missing?

They were offered "standard" without AC and radio (which were options); however, very few were purchased that way. It would be a rare thing to find a Gen 2 ACR without AC or the OEM stereo system. They also came without foglights; but, it is common to find that owners have added them later.

I am also looking for an '02 graphite/silver ACR
BTW, that car color really does draw 100% positive comments.
I think that's because it doesn't shout, "look at me !!".
So, no small pp comments, and lots of thumbs up. :2tu:

Last edited:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were only 8 ACRs in '02 that didn't have the comfort group added. I believe there may have only been 1 "********" graphite/silver ACR. I bought it new and it was totalled at the Las Vegas Speedway. Been looking for one ever since. Seems like the only time one has come up for sale I have just bought another Viper. I can't remember but think there were only 32 to 38 graphite ACRs.

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats wrong with steel gray/ silver stripe?
Nothing! Steel Gray was the ONLY color I wanted when I was looking to buy a Viper & I'm still fighting whether or not to put the stripes on it. Wife & Son say No, but it's my call & I still haven't decided! Either way, I think it's beauitiful. But aren't ALL Vipers.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I cant imagine too many "********" gen II's around. In 01 I think they made 4. Sorry to hijack - but they are a cool breed.

In the end get the color you like first you will be most happy that way

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZTVR, You could be sitting on a Gold Mine!

Perhaps just a silver mine, LOL. Mine is driver quality since it has been used rather than garaged. Not the higher dollar-commanding sub-10k mile type car; but, still has the looks. Maybe this doesn't apply to the guys above; but, it seems like many who visit this forum looking for a Viper are looking for somewhat virginal cars. (or ones that they can pretend have been mildly loved.)

I absolutely love mine. Thought about selling it, but just can't find it in my heart to do it.

This ^^^^^^^

Maybe next summer for me. Driving season has finally arrived in the southwest, and I can't part with it now; but, I do need to rearrange my vehicular investment portfolio pretty soon due to planned employment changes.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is a ton. What was that guy thinking driving it 3800 miles per year.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, that is a ton. What was that guy thinking driving it 3800 miles per year.

Exactly what I was going to write. I guarantee 90% who say they want to buy to "collect" are not doing so. To collect means to purchase and just time bubble the car and store. So is 38K a lot if you want to time bubble this car and look at it in 20 years to then sell? I would say very very very very few classic cars that go for big money at auctions have less than 38 thousand miles on them? I would say very few big money money cars are NOT complete REBUILDS. There were 17 of those cars built and you were just linked with one that was driven on average under 4k a year. Now I DO understand that it would not matter about it having much LESS chance of having leaks, problems and need of much replacement as a very low mileage one since you are buying to instantly STORE. However, 38K is still not many miles. 46,500 is a great price on an ACR (prices are going back up). So if you want 1k or under (5k or 38k is the SAME from a collector standpoint) then expect to pay 60-65K. Are you ready for that? Frustrating that there are tire kickers for those that sell; then window shoppers that are "ready to buy." I hope you are genuinely looking for a car because you came to a place where people take time to HELP you buy.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thank you for the help and your opinion. I disagree that a car with 5k miles is worth the same as another with 38k miles to a collector. You may have a point that a 20 year old car with 38k miles would be a very low mile example but starting off at 38k miles today leaves no miles/enjoyment to put on it myself. I would say the lower the miles the better in my case. I am not sure what the cutoff is but 38 seems so close to 40 and I never want to approach 50 while I own it. 20-25k miles max seems reasonable.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thank you for the help and your opinion. I disagree that a car with 5k miles is worth the same as another with 38k miles to a collector. You may have a point that a 20 year old car with 38k miles would be a very low mile example but starting off at 38k miles today leaves no miles/enjoyment to put on it myself. I would say the lower the miles the better in my case. I am not sure what the cutoff is but 38 seems so close to 40 and I never want to approach 50 while I own it. 20-25k miles max seems reasonable.

Hey it's your money and your preferences but ask any mechanic which car he would like to work on; 38k or 5k on a 10 year old car. I bought my 2000 ACR with 14,800 miles and I had a plethora of problems. With the 5k car you will IMMEDIATELY need to replace the tires (2k), probably have to change wires, etc. Then when you start driving it, expect leaks and malfunction. The ONLY reason to really buy a low mileage car is to collect it. You just stated you wanted to drive the car too; so scrap that "collectable" stuff or at least don't try to sell that notion here. You lose that status driving it. That is YOUR value statement that you don't want to hit "50K" driving. So 40K can still be collector? How do you know you won't wreck the car driving a 5K car? How do you know you will be living? Realistically, ANY original viper is going to be collectable given enough time. Those that buy thinking they will "drive a bit" and have it wrack up money are just flat out wrong. A 5K car is going to need a LOT of maintenance; period. Then add insurance every year, general maintenance that any car will have; there goes that "investment" in 20 years time by keeping it up to spec. If you want ROI on a car, you need to be like Jay Leno and put them in storage. Buying a car to enjoy AND to collect is really pointless IMO (just my opinion). Again, it is your money, but I don't see your logic in buying a 5K example to drive as the probability of component failure is a lot higher than a car with 20 or 30K miles (even mine did at 14,500). I think it is very naive to get a car that has low miles to drive so that when the miles go up you are still "OK" from a collector standpoint as you will have likely already paid a lot more money "sorting the car out" then if you bought a car that was already well sorted out and maintained. Cars are machines that are best performing and running..when driven. If you have data that shows me otherwise I would be glad to listen. And there is a lot of truth about a car with 5K being worth much less than a car with 500 miles or never titled. Those are TRUE collector cars as far as what a 2002 TODAY would be considered "collectable." The only difference between 5k and 38k today is that 5K is still very low miles and, if bubbled, would net more money if you were to sell the car in a few years. For all intents and purposes though, a true collector is not going to bother with either a 5k driven car or a 60k driven car....they want the cars with <1000 miles. But they never intended to drive the car anyways...

Edit: For example, bjmotors will sometimes get a 2002FE or 2002 ACR with 500 to 1200 miles. They sell for around 60-65K (Bernie could be more specific). So that is 20K more than this car shown. If the buyer of the 1200 mile car drove the car to 8K he/she would likely now have a car worth 48-52K (and they just paid to have the original tires replaced on top of any other maintenance). So it really goes to show that buying a VERY low mileage car LOSES investment if you are to drive it. Someone who buys a car with 30K miles and drives to 50K and keeps the car up to spec will likely sell it for what they paid or more given the current market uptick on these machines. That doesn't mean they will recoup insurance and maintenance and gas cost either. But they won't be at such a loss as someone who bought a 1200 mile car and drove it to 11K.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again I appreciate your help, but have been around cars for a while and know what I want. I do not want a 38k mile car and I do believe that collectors do consider cars above 1,000 miles. Your points are good and generally valid but there are many grey areas such as a 5k mile 10k year old car that was driven once a week being very reliable.

Last edited:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Again I appreciate your help, but have been around cars for a while and know what I want. I do not want a 38k mile car and I do believe that collectors do consider cars above 1,000 miles. Your points are good and generally valid but there are many grey areas such as a 5k mile 10k year old car that was driven once a week being very reliable.

Sure absolutely. There are plenty of people that are looking for low miles. But be prepared to invest. I don't care what anyone says, unless you buy from an original owner, it will be almost impossible to find a car that was driven once a week for 10 years. There is likely a lot of storage, a lot of sitting and a lot of potential problems. That is fine as well, but I am just saying be prepared to really invest in that car up front and then on the back end when you are getting it up to spec (new tires, etc). I am not doubting you not knowing what you want or even questioning your financials. Just saying that a Viper doesn't really make a good financial investment at this point; especially if it is to be driven AND well-maintained. I think the people who actually get investment are these:
1. People that drive their cars for just grins every time they fire up that V-10 (modified exhaust of course) and just drive for the investment of happiness. They wrack up the miles and are fortunate enough to afford the maintenance and upkeep of a very low production number vehicle that is relatively hard to get parts for.
2. People that buy the 20-30K car who drives it for a few years, and sell for about what they paid or a bit more because they bought low and sold high (as miles don't really matter after awhile).

I haven't been around cars maybe as long as you have but have been around the boards and obsessed with vipers for a long time and own a 2000 ACR. There is a definitely a difference between the price AND collectability of a sub 1k car and a 5k car. Then price is affected from 5k-10k. After that, the miles become VASTLY irrelevant. Depending on condition, a 50K example could sell much better than a 25K sample. A non-salvaged example that is at 70K miles will not drop below a certain price point and that is usually only a few grand less than 35K samples.

I guess, you stated it; you know what you want. So....go get it.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are plenty of folks like IDM that will pay extra for the lower mile Vipers; so, whether it makes sense from a mechanical or collectability point of view, the price or the time-on-market will be different than a 5000 mi/year weekend car. That's OK and I understand. I started off looking for a low mile car. I got something that was sort of low. Then, I was hesitant to use it for vacations driving long interstate miles. Be careful when buying a low mile car if you actually plan on using it a lot. The thought process that drives you to choosing the low mile car also becomes the thing that prevents you from having fun.

Good luck with your hunt !