looking for bad apple in Monroe, Louisianna

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy took $880 from me off ebay for some NOS Hnssy headers. He might be on this forum, as his signature has a red/silver coupe on it. He's from Monroe, LA and is into high end car audio (alpine processors) as well as personal watercraft (he's currently selling an engine off a Seadoo). He may go by BIGBADCJ (does he have an old Ford CobraJet?)

I think this guy is ********** because he didn't get what he wanted at auction. If you have a minimum, you should spend an extra dime for a reserve price. Its been three weeks since I paypal'd him.

The case is currently being taken up with paypal, but could take a month to resolve.

What great timing, too, right before Christmas.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CJ can also mean Jeep CJ

That ***** to hear you got screwed like that. Did he have a long feedback history on ebay?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the "screwed by Viper owners off Ebay" club. Have you checked to see if he has already "received" your payment? If not, you can withdraw/cancel the Paypal payment. Even a-holes can buy Vipers.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold 70 lionel engines from my late father on Ebay. Had two bad apples that stiffed me via paypal. One thing I will say Paypal will standby there services.....
Good luck.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I have heard or seen that name on the forum. Cant remember how long. Apparently he needs that $880 to attempt to buy some class!!! Good luck in getting your money. He will Rot somewhere for this I am sure!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Contact Tim Zimmerman, the President of the Mid-South Region VCA. He just might be able to give you some info. Just a thought...Good Luck!!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy took $880 from me off ebay for some NOS Hnssy headers.

I see from his eBay feedback that he just sold a Viper engine and got a positive feedback for it.

I can understand your frustration since shipping from his location to yours shouldn't take long, even at this time of the year.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone PM me thinking that Opnwide was bad mouthing me...but now I understand why that person thought that...I started the thread of where are the original people at. But the person you maybe looking for is in my thread.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a LOT of Data (full pedigree) on this guy. C.J. are his true initials. He also hangs in AZ and FL. I have his full business details 2 addresses and cell phones, etc etc.

Im not suicidal, so as policy, I do not help people shop on e-bay. If you are a customer of ours who has been scammed (again) by ebayers I am DELIGHTED to help you. Call me please.

I will not post derrogatory info....my attorney advises against it. I have offered VCA the data...

ps I have had several 'unwound' deals with CJ, but he returned all monies, it just took a long while. No funds were lost, just time. His office even helped, and I think he's probably 'too busy' and not intending to keep your money.

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Way to go Jonnnnnn! That's good information for OPNWIDE.

Thanks......but this is the BIZILLIONTH time I wished people would use their real names.
I suspect I know who OPNWIDE is, as well as FLYNTGR. I regret NOT knowing in PROFILES!

I have actually had guys who get my Jon Brobst business card ask me if I "know JonB?" !!!

I dont know why the VCA still insists on total anonymity on this site.....that was the old site admin paranoia at work.....this would truly be a better place if we had our true names accessible. The VCA classifieds even suggested ways to shield your identity !

Last edited:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was going to take someone for money it would be for more then 880 lol. What am I gonna do? Fill my boat halfway up with gas. Thanks for the input john but he has my cell. I could care less what they sold for hell i ended the auction early just to get them out the shop. Ive been in 4 diffrent countries in 2 weeks. I apolgized for the slow shipping. Instead of stirring bs you could have just called. I'm avail 24 hours a day and have a complete staff. If you want your money back I'll do it now and have the ups store re-route. Not a big deal to me.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks......but this is the BIZILLIONTH time I wished people would use their real names.
I suspect I know who OPNWIDE is, as well as FLYNTGR. I regret NOT knowing!

I have actually has guys who get my Jon Brobst business card ask me if I "know JonB?" !!!

I dont know why the VCA still insists on total anonymity on this site.....that was the old site admin paranoia at work.....this would truly be a better place if we had our true names accessible. The VCA classifieds even suggested ways to shield your identity !

VCA does not insist on users being anonymous. A user can pick whatever name they want, including their full, real name. Heck, they might even abbreviate it like..... JonB. :D

Let me know if you want to change to Jon Brobst. :smirk:

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was going to take someone for money it would be for more then 880 lol. What am I gonna do? Fill my boat halfway up with gas. Thanks for the input john but he has my cell. I could care less what they sold for hell i ended the auction early just to get them out the shop. Ive been in 4 diffrent countries in 2 weeks. I apolgized for the slow shipping. Instead of stirring bs you could have just called. I'm avail 24 hours a day and have a complete staff. If you want your money back I'll do it now and have the ups store re-route. Not a big deal to me.

If I were you I would either fire your incompetent staff or quit ebay.

Because speaking of stirring BS as you did, you ran the gamut of poor excuses for failure on your part.

Ebay is a business, and if you have no connectivity or staff to run it while in 4 countries in 2 weeks, you shouldn't list the item!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This seems similar to another recent post about a slow eBay transaction.

Exactly what is an acceptable time to complete a transaction on eBay? I always like to get the things that I buy quickly; but, buying used stuff on eBay is a little different than buying things from a regular internet business.

If you want quick, fast, dependable, reliable quality, then you go to the known site supporters and other recommended vendors and pay what they charge to run that kind of business.

If you want "a deal" you go to eBay or Craigslist and you take your chances. Three or four weeks is long, but it is not an obvious scam. IMHO

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is 2007. Nothing should take 3 to 4 weeks to ship from anybody that actually has something to ship.

Completely unacceptable, and I will file a dispute with ebay after 10 days of my immediate payment and no shipment.

Ebay sellers should either get with the program, or simply state they are slow. There is nothing wrong with slow shipment if you state that you are slow.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were you I would either fire your incompetent staff or quit ebay.

Because speaking of stirring BS as you did, you ran the gamut of poor excuses for failure on your part.

Ebay is a business, and if you have no connectivity or staff to run it while in 4 countries in 2 weeks, you shouldn't list the item!

We are slow sometimes in shipping. Sorry. My staff is fine. If they can build a chopper using a alison c-18 as a engine. I doubt you could. They can stay. Im not looking for a vca approval. I'm telling you call me if there's a prob. If you think I'm looking for some kind of jury approval then you can see this middle finger. We have plenty of customers worldwide. Buy don't buy. I could care less. Most of the people on here are 100 dollar millionaires and are good at one thing and one thing only. ********.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know thats why I made my post, a little humor, very little it seems.

I think you are the one who posted a while back in a 08 ACR thread that you don't think the Viper has a big block in it? We should start a thread on that subject it would be an interesting and fun discussion. I beg to differ with you on that issue. :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are slow sometimes in shipping. Sorry. My staff is fine. If they can build a chopper using a alison c-18 as a engine. I doubt you could. They can stay. Im not looking for a vca approval. I'm telling you call me if there's a prob. If you think I'm looking for some kind of jury approval then you can see this middle finger. We have plenty of customers worldwide. Buy don't buy. I could care less. Most of the people on here are 100 dollar millionaires and are good at one thing and one thing only. ********.

OK. That's it.

You are OFF my Holiday Greeting Card list pal!!!

And build aircraft? :hmmm:

I have and I can. :hail:

:deveek: :deveek: :deveek: :deveek: :deveek: :deveek:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think I'm looking for some kind of jury approval then you can see this middle finger. We have plenty of customers worldwide. Buy don't buy. I could care less.

I read all the posts about this on the Alley and here. And this isn't the first round here. I think the "I could care less" pretty much summarizes all threads. These may be small ticket items to you, CJ, but business is business. And who in their right mind would buy anything from a seller who "could care less"? Just my .02.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VCA insists on total anonymity????

VCA does not insist on users being anonymous. A user can pick whatever name they want, including their full, real name. Heck, they might even abbreviate it like..... JonB. :D Let me know if you want to change to Jon Brobst. :smirk:

I disagree, Lee, and Les, but this may be due to my poor web skills. But I cut-pasted this discussion on VCA MEMBERS forum.....sorry it wandered here.

1) If you click on my profile you get my pedigree: Full name, etc, because I want it this way.

2) ~90% of user profiles are anonymous, by DEFAULT (Design.) Signature says NOTHING.

3) When you REGISTER your name (a must) it is held 100% confidential by VCA DESIGN. Only those who: a) know this; b) think about this; and c) act on this; in USER CP can then, with extra input, show their true name. By Design, the VCA keeps names secret.

I think this site would be more honest and effective and worthwhile (and civilised) if everyone had to use at least their true name in their profile. (not their sig). Too much info is given out as 'fact' with no 'backbone' as to who is stating what. But hell, I was raised on a farm.

Last edited:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read all the posts about this on the Alley and here. And this isn't the first round here. I think the "I could care less" pretty much summarizes all threads. These may be small ticket items to you, CJ, but business is business. And who in their right mind would buy anything from a seller who "could care less"? Just my .02.

Mr watson's prob i do care. Thats why i asked him to call me.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree, Lee, but this may be due to my poor web skills.

1) If you click on my profile you get my pedigree: Full name, etc, because I want it this way.

2) ~90% of user profiles are anonymous, by DEFAULT (Design.) Signature says NOTHING.

3) When you REGISTER your name (a must) it is held 100% confidential by VCA DESIGN. Only those who: a) know this; b) think about this; and c) act on this; in USER CP can then, with extra input, show their true name. By Design, the VCA keeps names secret.

I think this site would be more honest and effective and worthwhile (and civilised) if everyone had to use at least their true name in their profile. (not their sig). Too much info is given out as 'fact' with no 'backbone' as to who is stating what. But hell, I was raised on a farm.

Too many crazies to publicize names etc.

To err on the side of caution, your real name is your option.

I say here's my name, come get me if you're mean enough.

Others may choose another approach.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth