Looking for Detroit Area Tire Changer

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got new Pilot Sports for my GEN I. The wheels are near perfect and I want to keep them that way. Where should I take them to have the new tires installed?

Thanks for the help.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scorch, Trust me on this...go to Motorwerks and ask for Satish. It's somewhere in that area around Farmington Hills and he will give you a VCA discount. Make sure you tell him how important your wheels are to you and that you want him personally to do them. He'll schedule the time. He has the Hunter Roadforce balancing machine and he even uses color coded wheel weights instead of the normal square strips. Unreal service.

I won't ever balance my rims at a discount tire place again on any car I own.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know how much he charges for a mount and balance. I'm about to get my drag radials mounted.
:2tu:

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't let them use a screwdriver to remove the old tires :mad:
I just purchased a set of wheels from someone on here and that's exacty what it looks like they did before shipping the rims to me.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig is right, go to Motorwerks. Fantastic equipment, fantastic service, and a Viper discount. They are also a Tire Rack dealer and can give you a great price on tires. You won't be sorry with Satish! Call him at (248) 668-6793.

OP
OP
S

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon.

GTSnake: I'll post price on Wednesday. My guess is it won't be cheap, but it will be done right.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake, It is a couple dollars more because they roadforce balance but only like $10 or so. It's totally worth it and the machine he has rolls the bead unlike the ones at discount places.

OP
OP
S

Scorch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my new Pilot Sports mounted today by Sitish and Billy at Motorwerks. Great people and great work! My pristine GEN 1 wheels are still just that.

The equipment they use is second to none. It's the same used by Ford to mount and balance tires for the GT and Dodge uses for the Viper. Metal never comes in contact with the wheel. The dynamic balancing is amazing to see.

If you're in the Detroit area they are definitely worth the trip.

Total charge: :eek: $193 and worth every penny!

95Viper, Hisserman: Thanks for the recommendation. :2tu: