Looking for good Pistons, wrist pins, rings, bearings

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is the best for high HP applications? Is there a kit out there that includes everything I need. I am going to do a rebuild at the end of the summer. Not sure if I will send it out to a tuner or do it myself.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bill all I got to do is tell them what I need and they will put togehter a package?

Bill...you know my last name is the same as yours and I have an uncle named Bill...LOL!

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, you give them the specs and they will make them for you. I've had them make pistons for several projects including my Mini, they do great work.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't expect the piston guys to do anything on the bearings......Viper bearings are....well, we just say they are different.

Why go through all the trouble ? Are you planning on a lot more boost ? Factory pistons forged pistons are pretty good.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't expect the piston guys to do anything on the bearings......Viper bearings are....well, we just say they are different.

Why go through all the trouble ? Are you planning on a lot more boost ? Factory pistons forged pistons are pretty good.
I plan on some stuff this fall. I think I may save to invest in a stronger crank and other items...watch out Toni!
:D :2tu:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My God Adam,

Do you EVER know what the hell your doing!????

Does your car ever see the ***E##* Road??? LOL!!! Damn Asian Gerbil muncher. Hide the rodents!! Freakin' mammalian rodent **** sucking marsupial backyard mechanic! ;)

G

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My God Adam,

Does your car ever see the ***E##* Road??? LOL!!! Damn Asian Gerbil muncher. Hide the rodents!! Freakin' mammalian rodent **** sucking marsupial backyard mechanic! ;)

G

For once you actually made me laugh!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My God Adam,

G

For once you actually made me laugh!

Well AB, you always make me laugh, but its more AT YOU, then with you kind of thing.

Jon

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JE is one choice, but if you want the pistons that made most power in the GTS/R engines you have to go to Germany and order Mahle-pistons. (expensive)

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check out Crower they have a package and they can modify it to do what you want including a stroker crank. they can put together the whole package. I may get my parts form them when I rebuild my GTSR engine.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mahley pistons are actually somewhat inexpensive compared to what they used to be. They have been making the move out of the racing only scene the last couple of years it seems.

JE, CP, and Diamond are all good pistons. I would personally go with JE. They seem to be the most knowledgable and friendly of the three.