Looking to buy gen 2 rt/10 or GTS in the 30 to 35k range. Show me what youv'e got!

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking to buy gen 2 rt/10 or GTS in the 30 to 35k range. Show me what youv'e g

Not another anti-red-ite !! :rolaugh:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking to buy gen 2 rt/10 or GTS in the 30 to 35k range. Show me what youv'e g

both of those RT10s, 14yrs old with only 20someK miles on em, thats a sin.
wish i had the garage space...

trans, would you consider a gen1 for the right price? Its possible the power windows might not be worth the extra $5K+. also the sidepipes are classicly sick

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

gen 1 is not completely out of the question, i just like the gen 2 a lot better. I like the superior power, better wheels, nicer interior and different hood on the gen 2. For the ammount of time i plan on driving the car i would like to have the roll up windows. Its not going to sit and be a garage queen, i plan on driving it untill im tired of driving it........ then im going to drive it some more.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

99 RT/10 's 97 is quite nice. although it is south of the Mason/Dixon line. +1 for that one.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its in the Classifieds. I'm asking $48,800 (give me Canadian or US funds... its all good to me).

'01 RT/10 w/ 57K miles. BBS wheels, B&M shortthrow, smoothtubes, K&N filters, Pioneer Avic-N3 w/GPS/MP3/CD/DVD/performance computer/IPOD interface, poly engine and tranny mounts. Sunburst Orange paint with Custom Snakeskin Fang Stiping, hard top, bikini top, and car cover.

Registration has a 'repaired' addendum. It was damaged down in Arizona after a nasty run-in with a stop sign. I got all new parts, full certification from a frame shop (necessary for registration here), professional paintwork, full inspection from local mechanic for the provincial inspection. She's 100% ready for summer!

I've got a ton of pictures if you're interested.

A rebuilt Viper with a color change for $48,000.... good luck! It does look nice though. I would think more like $30,000 tops.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Just find a good one, buy it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

im trying my best!!!! i guess you just have to have patience when youre on a budget.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow thats not too bad.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what do you guys think about a 97 red gts with 8 k miles for about 38?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what do you guys think about a 97 red gts with 8 k miles for about 38?

Sounds good. Just check into it's history fully. Also, be sure to see if it needs tires? That alone will set you back another grand or so.

GTS is a bad *****! :D

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate RED cars too! They get WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION!

DSC05265.JPG

Quadcammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jerzviper, sent you and email.

Citysnake, whats the status of your deal with the dealer that you are getting the new one from? If you aren't 100% sure of the trade in, im very interested in your vehicle.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HIJACKER!!!!!!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's difficult to buy a Viper on a budget....especially if you're not patient. Probably not the best time to buy either since spring is when the cars that didn't sell over the winter are SCREAMING to be driven by their present owners.

I've got a trade in deal that works best due to the trade in tax savings and the resale of my Roe SC. I am also happier to sell to a dealer rather than an individual since I won't have to worry for the first 6 months that something dramatic (completely unexpected) goes wrong.

Of course my car may not be sold at all if I've got nothing to trade it in for!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yo... also this is that aftermarket hardtop I was talking about. I forget the website to buy it on.. But this guy has it on his car.. I told you dude.....that Bumblebee color combo looks sick! ;)

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/614052-bee-not-bee.html

That looks like the AP Engineering 3 piece top. I'm a fan. If I can ever get my hands on an RT/10 in the future I'm going to buy one.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That looks like the AP Engineering 3 piece top. I'm a fan. If I can ever get my hands on an RT/10 in the future I'm going to buy one.

Yup! Forgot the company name "AP" thanks for the heads up.. I googled it ;)

Kevin here is the link to the page and where you can buy that top..
A.P. Engineering, Inc.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

where is it listed? i didnt see it in the classifieds

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been back and forth on selling my 1996 RT.. black/silver stripes, CCW classic wheels (black centers), three piece top, custom V-mania windows, new Alpine stereo w/Ipod connection (original stereo in box), Arrow engine rebuild at 37K miles (no Headgasket issues), smooth tubes, Corsa 3" exhaust, brand new (and I mean less than 100 miles) PS2 18" Michelin tires, Tom's rear brake upgrade, HID headlights, MGW interior pieces (satin finish), original tonneau cover, bikini top and full car cover too. Has 56K miles, installed new clutch when Arrow rebuild completed. Have all original parts too......

I am asking $37K, might be a little negotiable... I know that seems high for the market, but it's an awesome car, on 19K miles since full ARROW rebuild and I drive it... 56K miles on an 11 year old car is NOT high miles.... and I am NOT going to give away a Viper that WILL be more valuable in the future!

The only reason I am considering selling is that I bought a new car for DD duty... something has to be sold... so I've got the Viper and my 1969 Mach 1 for sale....

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

catwoods car is awesome.

I think i found the car...... 2001 rt10 saphire blue with cognac interior. 43,000 miles, original owner, bone stock, good tires, no accidents, clean carfax. I am under the impression that these saphire blues are fetching top dollar, especially with cognac interior so i think i might be getting a good deal for this car for about 33,000 plus shipping. What do you guys think. Is this an amazing deal or what?

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2001 RT/10 from the original owner should come with:
All paperwork from the selling dealer, bill of sale and warranty info for the car as well as the tires, window sticker, 2 sets of keys w/fobs, 2 keys for the rear window as well as a storage sleeve for the rear window and the soft top, don't forget the hard top if it has the 21A package, owners manual, Dodge Viper Operating Tips VHS, a copy of the one years subscription to Viper Quarterly (hopefully the owner has the mag. too) as well as a VCA card with the one year membership to the VCA, original spare with tools, thank you letter from Dodge and with a 43,000 mile original owner car there better be a maintenance history in writing if some or all of this is not present its your call but I myself would start to deduct from 30K not 33.
Also, go touch the car yourself before you finalize the deal, take some time off and go check it out and drive it home.
Amazing deal? eh. Sapphire cars fetching top dollar especially with the cognac?
If a buyer wants this paticular car in these colors maybe but not with 43,000 on the clock, sorry.
Sapphire cars are nice but, show imperfections just the same as a black car and are harder to hide than black don't be fooled by the hype around here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does it sound like a good deal in general taking no color into consideration? sapphire blue 2001 rt10 with cognac int with 43,000 miles and a clean carfax. asking 34k but i can probably get him to hit 32 or 33 plus i have to ship it. Deal or no deal? what do you guys think?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, it SOUNDS like a very good deal. Check the car out and make sure it is! Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang