Looking to install floor tiles in my garage to cover-up...

RedViperinMD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stained concrete. Any members out there have pro/cons on any of the floor tile brands (RaceDeck, Gladiator, etc.)? Thanks in advance for your input! :eater:

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely like racedeck. Im in Calvert Co, Prince Frederick area if you want to see installed on my garage. Holds up nice, looks sweet. Recommend laying some roofing paper down first, keeps the floor from making the clackity-clack sound as you walk over it, and leave a good 1/4 to 1/2" around perimeter for expansion.

RogerDodger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home Depot sell a product called Trafficmaster, which is a budget version of the Racedeck product. Typically branches don't stock it, you have to buy it online. If you go to Home Depot's website and search "Trafficmaster garage" it shows colors and prices. Snaps together like Racedeck and also goes "clackity-clack ".

Good luck with whatever you use.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had commercial grade black/white tiles installed years ago. One day when I have the energy, I'll buff it. I wash the floor occasionally and it looks great. 12"x12" If any get discolored or damaged, I can pull it up and glue down a new panel. I looked to race deck, but I was concerned about water, chemicals, small items going through the race deck and getting trapped near the floor, but they do look good. John

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had commercial grade black/white tiles installed years ago. One day when I have the energy, I'll buff it. I wash the floor occasionally and it looks great. 12"x12" If any get discolored or damaged, I can pull it up and glue down a new panel. I looked to race deck, but I was concerned about water, chemicals, small items going through the race deck and getting trapped near the floor, but they do look good. John

I have the same flooring in my garage.

You must be registered for see images

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 400 sq ft of used gray craftsman garage plastic floor tiles (each is 1 sq ft) if anyone is interested. PM me. Selling them to make way for epoxy coating. Hold up real nice and are in great shape!

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got RaceDeck. Simple to install, durable and easy to clean. As an alternative to putting a layer of building paper under the tiles to prevent clacking, Home Depot sells rolls of thin (1/8") blue foam that's used under snap-together fake wood floors. Simply roll it out with an overlap and place the RaceDeck tiles directly on it. Makes the floor perfectly quiet. Costco sells (sold?) RaceDeck at a big discount but you might have to get it thru their website since I don't think local store stock it.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My floor was really stained and I ended up going the multichip/flake epoxy paint route and I like it. It was expensive....2800 for a 900 square foot garage.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure if it was mentioned yet but if its stained, i ask with what ? if oil, you will likely have a problem with anything holding down.

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same flooring in my garage.

Love the floor. Sorry to go off-topic, but these pics, that you've posted elsewhere are really great. Makes me want to stripe my ACR everytime I see them. Are yours paint or vinyl (like the floor?)...

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used Floorjunkies material in my trailer. It's holding up very well. I slide an aluminum base in ond out of the trailer on a regular bases and it is scratching the floor up a little. In a "normal use" application I would think it would hold up very well. Much less expensive that Racedeck.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good old vinyl tile glued down to a cleaned floor and waxed. Cheap, looks good. Bought 1 extra box of the same as replacements but none have needed to be replaced in 5 years. Strip and wax every 2 yrs. GTS Bruce

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used VCT tiles, workes great and at .68 each, you cant go wrong. If you buff it, it will be like a mirror. I dont put that much time into it.

V

Venomiss

I used VCT tiles, workes great and at .68 each, you cant go wrong. If you buff it, it will be like a mirror. I dont put that much time into it.

Do you have pictures? :) My son probably got to see it a while back.......and we missed the dinner.:(