Looks Like Gas Prices Will Not Be The Death Of The Viper>>>

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a REALLY bad feeling that after this year when all the insurance companies start actually punching in all the loss data for the 2008 cars and how many have been totalled, people killed, etc. that the viper may likely be "black listed " by several companies.

i ride sport bikes and have had it happen a few times with bikes i have bought and then scrambled to find coverage.

i sure hope it does not happen. i have owned over a dozen vipers and hope to owe a dozen more of them for years to come. :)

REGARDS
GEORGE

regards
george

Last edited:

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Point taken, however when considering the rate of which Viper owners have been involved in accidents over the 15+ years that the car has been in existence, I'd be inclined to think otherwise.

- Matt

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried 2 companies. The first wouldn't take the Viper and the second, don't laugh, AARP/Harford didn't blink an eye at a stated value policy for about $400.00 per year....yes per year.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember....stated value is NOT agreed value! Totally different. Don't get yourself screwed by an ins. co........I HAD AARP/Hartford and changed to Grundy 3 years ago, and I'm glad I did when my Gen 1 was totaled! Just more info for you to use to make an informed choice!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried 2 companies. The first wouldn't take the Viper and the second, don't laugh, AARP/Harford didn't blink an eye at a stated value policy for about $400.00 per year....yes per year.

AARP/Hartford, turned me down twice, they sent me two items in the mail to request a quote, and they turned me down bpth times stating that the "Viper was not insurable with them due to the high cost of repair", I politely returned the notice pointing out that it is unfortunate that my coverage was rejected based on the vehicle without taking into consideration my driving record and training.....right after which I cancelled my AARP membership and dropped Hartford as my carrier for other insurance.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statefarm has treated me VERY well over the years with my Viper...in both accidents I have had (minor of course).

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AAA in So Cal $2100 a year with full coverage, yadda yadda.

Multi car and good driver discount.

I am 32 and married.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Three with AAA here in CA.

About $1200 a year per car.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Three with AAA here in CA.

About $1200 a year per car.

Hey if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me details if you wouldn't mind

I am paying 900 more a year for my Viper and it's listed as 0 to 5000 miles a year.

Do you have homeowner's or anything else connected to your AAA insurance?

Thanks

Tim

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
state farm here as well but I have geico for my other cars and like them as well

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amica insurance here. Full coverage ,multi vehicles $700/year

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
State farm insures mine.

I wouldn't let State Farm insure a dog house. They claim that they want to be "like a good neighbor" as long as you never file a claim. Be especially careful if you have homeowners insurance with them.

After an incident with State Farm I canceled my auto policies and now I'm saving over $600/yr with another company. The Viper is $207 every 6 months with Fidelity National and a $500 ded. :2tu:

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had State Farm since I was 16 and so far, no problems. (knock on wood!!!) I am only 28 and I pay $960 a year for my 2003 Viper and that is for full coverage. Doesnt seem that bad to me.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have insured with state farm for a while. About 120 a month here in Florida which is known to be an expensive state. Last fall I bought a box truck and one of my employees got in an accident before we called to add it to our policy (we have 14 days from the date of purchase) and they covered it 100% with rental and other coverages matching my other auto policies. Highly recomend.:2tu:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have state farm as well. Been very happy. Totaled one car (not a Viper) and they were easy to work with. My 96 RT cost me $360 and the 06 is $450 for 6 months. Good ole live free or die NH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang