Lots of snakes

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO I have owned my Viper for a month now. This dang car has changed my life I swear!

I want to ask a question though. Are you guys happy with just one? two ? three? I have been having this
overwhelming desire to have like 4-5 Vipers. Like seriously.... 4-5 Vipers just for me... Mine.... Not for anyone else.

Chloe basically said that I can keep buying them as I pay them off....

Is that gluttony? I don't know what it is. All I know is that I want to build another garage on the back of my property that can hold at least 6 cars. She wants a new Laramie Ram, a 1 of 1 Viper, and a Hellcat.... I've created a monster!

I have this weird feeling growing inside me... I think it's an obsession I can't tell.

What's it like to own more than one Viper?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well to use a little humor, you know what the man with five genitalia said when asked how his pants fit? Answer: "Like a glove." Same with Vipers. I have never seen a negative post about having more than one Viper and quite a few members have more than one.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude...if you can afford it, do what floats your boat.

OP
OP
V

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude...if you can afford it, do what floats your boat.

No it's not that. I won't be able to get another one for some time. I was just curious what it would be like mohave more than 1

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it's not that. I won't be able to get another one for some time. I was just curious what it would be like mohave more than 1
Well its like having two or three girlfriends at one time:they are different but you want to ride them all:D

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All bull$hit aside...ViperPete, you work at a dealership correct? What do you do there? Are you and Chloe planning on having kids?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me for example, my wife has 2 more years of school (Viper #2 and 3), I have a daughter who's about to graduate and go to Ole Miss (Viper #4), another daughter graduating next year and probably going to Texas Tech (Viper #5) and 2 sons just a few years behind them (Vipers #6 and 7).

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sales manager at a Nissan dealership. Chloe is our owner loyalty manager- think customer service. We work together- that has it's own advantages and disadvantages lol

We've decided to postpone having kids for a few years. The reason I bought a Viper now is because this really is my only chance. I know that as soon as we have kids, they are gonna be my life. I grew up in a very poor family so I want to make sure that my kids have whatever they want.... not spoiled... but comfortable. I didn't want to wait until I was 50 to get one as I might not want one then. Maybe i'll be into boats? golf? who knows. I can afford it right now. So I did it! I'm 31 and Chloe is 26. Just seemed like a good time.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome man. Good for you and I wish you both the best of success.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wish the Viper came in DCT as I'd love for my wife to be able to drive it. She loves the car but can't drive stick at all. This was the only reason I was thinking about the C7Z w/ A8.

OP
OP
V

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wish the Viper came in DCT as I'd love for my wife to be able to drive it. She loves the car but can't drive stick at all. This was the only reason I was thinking about the C7Z w/ A8.

My wife is willing to learn how to drive stick. I'm going to teach her on my SRT10 Ram because I think its easier to drive. Then, she can drive the Viper.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
And they're never jealous of each other

I don't have multiple Vipers (though there are multiple Vipers in my family), but I think my cars do get jealous of each other. I'll go to fire one up I haven't driven for a while and I'd swear it was mad at me and drives different than I remember or has some new quirk/issue. It's usually explained easily enough (ex. battery in my Dart that was fine for years and would start up just fine even after sitting for months decides to act up and not start the one nice day I want to drive it). I just figure I can keep driving one while I fix another, then drive it while I mod another, etc.

OP
OP
V

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have multiple Vipers (though there are multiple Vipers in my family), but I think my cars do get jealous of each other. I'll go to fire one up I haven't driven for a while and I'd swear it was mad at me and drives different than I remember or has some new quirk/issue. It's usually explained easily enough (ex. battery in my Dart that was fine for years and would start up just fine even after sitting for months decides to act up and not start the one nice day I want to drive it). I just figure I can keep driving one while I fix another, then drive it while I mod another, etc.

That's pretty much how I feel.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone goes through the phase of wanting multiple Vipers. After 10 years I still get the itch to get another one from time to time. The main reason I don't is that if I were going to tie up more money in another car, why not get something else. This way you can have a different driving experience.

I have wanted an R8 for a while, however, Kid 2 and Kid 3 came along and crushed that reality.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

Lets hope they never become this kind of jealous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icAKjhHwT4

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it comes down to just not letting go of the one's I have purchased. I only let my 05 go because I purchased a 05 GT. Obviously that turned out to be a good buy. I also will not sell that car at any price even when they hit a million plus in 7 to 10 years

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty much how I feel.
I am the same exact way. I want a collection too!!!

What I would advise, being a father, is diversify how you spend. Don't compromise other areas of your life, to make one area better, as the others will suffer as a consequence.
Moderation is the secret. I really wanted a Shelby GT500 as well as the Viper, but I will put that off. Instead, I focus my attention on family first, and tinker with my new Viper when I can. And just because you are having kids doesn't mean you the fun is over! It's only beginning!
You must be registered for see images attach

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And just because you are having kids doesn't mean you the fun is over! It's only beginning!
You must be registered for see images attach

I have four teens. When I want to strangle one of them, I go for a drive in my Viper...and it's been REAL rainy here in North Texas.

OP
OP
V

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe that these cars WILL appreciate greatly in the next 20 years. There is not a doubt in my mind that they will be going to 500k+ by the time I am 50.

With enough of them in my stable, that will be quite a bonus to retirement.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VP...Don't count on it with all the Neon Buyers out there along with our worst enemies....Forums....
Every One wants to low ball you.....good luck with your collectables...I have several if your interested.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe that these cars WILL appreciate greatly in the next 20 years. There is not a doubt in my mind that they will be going to 500k+ by the time I am 50.

With enough of them in my stable, that will be quite a bonus to retirement.

God I hope you're right. But alas, I have grown from innocence to experience...a cute little Harp seal to a blubbery ass Walrus. ViperPete, your story is remarkable and your enthusiasm is infectious, but it would take a lot of testosterone and a defibrillator to get me to believe your latest post up there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper