Lower Your Ride Height Using Factory Specifications

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
.........There has to be a senior member of ViperClub somewhere out there that has a Service Manual which includes alignment procedures and its details of ride height adjustment options - perhaps he/she will chime in on this at some point. ......
Hi Markee....Ive owned 14 Vipers. Im one of the 14 guys that founded this club in 1994, so I hope I am 'senior' enough to be worthy to 'chime in'. I scoured the manuals at my elbow, and did not see how you can lower the 03-06 SRT10 more than .25", and THAT requires a full alignment. But I did stumble on a surprisingly ecomomical item that may interest you and Mitch:

PartsRack has just the kit needed to add 10+mpg to this lowered-for-free Mamba:

a PMR {Personal Methane Recirculator).

Step 2: Connect the PRIMARY (driver) methane supply hose with zip ties (included) to the air intake.

Step 3: Connect the SECONDARY (Optional for Passenger) Methane Supply Line to the air intake.

Step 4: Relieve Personal Methane Gas regularly (obvious by 10 posts you have endless PMG supply.)

Result: Cost-free PMG captured in this manner acts just like Nitrous Oxide, increasing performance and mileage, but burns cooler and costs, well, beans. And your cockpit will become noticably less aromatic. Your free-radical PMG is wasting, & even escaped to this board.

OOPS... I left out STEP ONE: Connecting those PMG lines to the Driver: MITCH KNOWS!

PS: Do NOT believe NukedGTS and his $4500 (?Texas-tuner?) seats. The PMR kit is under $75 in parts, plus you need some occasional Petroleum Jelly (CHEAP) to keep the system 'flowing freely." DON'T waste $$ on KY Personal Lube.....Petro-Jelly works FINE for 10% the cost

Helpful Hints: Diet Matters; Conserve PMG during cruising, save for Rapid Launch. If you own a dairy farm, auxiliary free MG supplies and kits are also available for farm equipment for short trips around the pasture...

I just blew water all over my screen. :lmao:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way I know to lower the Viper without a change in spring or spring perch is to loosen all suspension points and retighten in a full jounce position. The lowering effect will be limited in time effect but it may be enough time for your Viper tech to take your money and put it in the bank. I can just hear him now: cha-ching!

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.........There has to be a senior member of ViperClub somewhere out there that has a Service Manual which includes alignment procedures and its details of ride height adjustment options - perhaps he/she will chime in on this at some point. ......
Hi Markee....Ive owned 14 Vipers. Im one of the 14 guys that founded this club in 1994, so I hope I am 'senior' enough to be worthy to 'chime in'. I scoured the manuals at my elbow, and did not see how you can lower the 03-06 SRT10 more than .25", and THAT requires a full alignment. But I did stumble on a surprisingly ecomomical item that may interest you and Mitch:

PartsRack has just the kit needed to add 10+mpg to this lowered-for-free Mamba:

a PMR {Personal Methane Recirculator).

Step 2: Connect the PRIMARY (driver) Methane Supply Hose with zip ties (included) to the air intake.

Step 3: Connect the SECONDARY (Optional for Passenger) Methane Supply Hose to the air intake.

Step 4: Relieve Personal Methane Gas as needed (obvious in 10 posts you have endless PMG supply.)

Result: Cost-free PMG captured in this manner acts just like Nitrous Oxide, increasing performance and mileage, but burns cooler and costs, well, beans. And your cockpit will become noticably less aromatic. Your free-radical PMG is wasting, & even escaped to this board.

OOPS... I left out STEP ONE: Connecting those PMG Hoses to the Driver: MITCH KNOWS!

PS: Do NOT believe NukedGTS and his $4500 (?Texas-tuner?) seats. The PMR kit is under $75 in parts, plus you need some occasional Petroleum Jelly (CHEAP) to keep the system 'flowing freely." DON'T waste $$ on KY Personal Lube.....Petro-Jelly works FINE for 10% the cost of KY.

Helpful Hints: Diet Matters; Conserve PMG during cruising, save for Rapid Launch. If you own a dairy farm, auxiliary free MG supplies and kits are also available for farm equipment for short trips around the pasture...

geeeezzzzzz Jon, If I took the time to put a patent on my post and/or product, this would be the easiest patent infringement lawsuit this side of the mousetrap! Originality still counts for something . . . :lmao:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the rest of us are a bunch of dummies. I guess Mitch will lower the car by letting the air out of the tires. First off he says he "can" do it. The proof is in the pudding they say. How about some before and after pictures of this amazing feat while the viper is on his 4 wheel thrust alignment rack. Does he have one of these.? We all want to see how he is going to lower the ride height as 2003-2006 vipers do not have adjustable shocks for ride height. Perhaps he is going to put weight in the drivers and passenger seat before he does the alignment. Yes there is a height spec that is achieved by adding weight to the seats before you do the alignment but this does not lower the car unless you leave the weight in afterwords.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The really cool thing that Mitch told me, when I asked if he could adjust the ride height to a lower setting, is "Yes!" The ride height has a lowering specification from Dodge in the technical manual, about an inch.

Except for his mistake in stating the ride height lowering as “an inch” instead of “quarter of an inch”, the fact that the service manual shows a way to lower the car (0.25”) is True.

Now back to the PMR (Personal Methane Recirculator). Not everyone produces methane. Fart contains hydrogen, some oxygen, and sometimes methane. It depends on what you eat. If your fart contains methane, the flame will burn blue, otherwise fart flames are yellow. :*****::*****:

I knew that this information would become useful one day. :2tu: