Lower Your Ride Height Using Factory Specifications

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To lower your ride height, you don't need to buy anything - just get your ride height adjusted to a lower factory specification by a truly knowledgeable Viper Tech, see below...

I just had my '04 Black Mamba serviced at Bankston Dodge in Frisco, Texas - the Viper Tech is Mitch. If you live in the Dallas area, you have got to give him a try, he really knows his stuff - in fact, it looks like he knows more than anyone that posts on this board! I'll tell you why. Mitch quoted me $390.00 for an alignment, what a shock; but he explained that to get it dead-on, he has to first drop the car all the way down, adjust the ride height to specs, and a bunch of other steps. It is about 4 hours of work. The really cool thing that Mitch told me, when I asked if he could adjust the ride height to a lower setting, is "Yes!" The ride height has a lowering specification from Dodge in the technical manual, about an inch. I have an appointment with Mitch to get the work done - no caps, springs, or ridiculously low and foul riding Motons necessary! Sorry Moton guys and gals, but I have seen you driving down the freeway at 60 MPH while your whole body was being vertically slammed up and down - it doesn't look like much fun to me.:lmao:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he really knows his stuff - in fact, it looks like he knows more than anyone that posts on this board!

wow. if that's the case, why bother browsing or posting on this board of fools? You could just patronize, socialize, and worship at the altar of "Mitch" whenever you get the opportunity :lmao:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Didn't no the car could be lowered at the dealership without springs.
You made some strong statements in your post. Be prepaired for the backlash from some knowledgeable viper owners.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have had my shocks in my hands and there is NO adjustment on the shock itself.

Foul riding motons:omg::omg::dunno:

I'm assuming you have never been in a viper with a moton setup;)

Put a tape measure on your inside fender down to the top lip of the rim before you take it to him,,,,,,,,,then do the same measurement after he's "done his magic" and post the pics.

I would love to see how he will drop the car down about and inch with the factory springs/shocks,etc

OP
OP
M

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I know, but that's just me - I call it as I see it. Thanks for the heads up, I can take it.

What I posted is some really useful information for the vast majority of Viper owners - it can save them a lot of money, time, and hardship (Motons!) - that's really all that matters.

Take care.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I know, but that's just me - I call it as I see it. Thanks for the heads up, I can take it.

What I posted is some really useful information for the vast majority of Viper owners - it can save them a lot of money, time, and hardship (Motons!) - that's really all that matters.

Take care.

How is your post "useful" information when all you did was post that your "Viper tech" can lower it using stock setup? I think you're either just a pissed Motons customer or you cant afford them so you bash the product to make yourself feel better.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will get interesting! I wonder how other techs have been unable to figure this out but this so called tech has?
Nobody at Woodhouse has figured this out. HMMM
Roe Racing hasn't figured this out. HMMM
Roanoke has no answers. HMMM
The list goes on and on.
I am calling BS but let us know when your so called tech works his magic on your car.

OP
OP
M

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How is your post "useful" information when all you did was post that your "Viper tech" can lower it using stock setup? I think you're either just a pissed Motons customer or you cant afford them so you bash the product to make yourself feel better.

OK, this could be fun!

Dear speculative psychiatrist... I do believe that it is useful to let my fellow Viper owners know that a knowledgeable Viper Tech can lower their ride to what they want, without the necessity of spending money on the purchase of caps or springs or a complete setup – as is so often advised on this forum. It is also useful to point out that while slamming your ride (using Motons or other brands) leaves the car looking way cool, the ride quality will be VERY harsh – NOT WAY COOL!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, this could be fun!

Dear speculative psychiatrist... I do believe that it is useful to let my fellow Viper owners know that a knowledgeable Viper Tech can lower their ride to what they want, without the necessity of spending money on the purchase of caps or springs or a complete setup – as is so often advised on this forum. It is also useful to point out that while slamming your ride (using Motons or other brands) leaves the car looking way cool, the ride quality will be VERY harsh – NOT WAY COOL!

Have you ever ridden in a Viper that has Motons or KW's? If not then its best you sit this one out.

OP
OP
M

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This will get interesting! I wonder how other techs have been unable to figure this out but this so called tech has?
Nobody at Woodhouse has figured this out. HMMM
Roe Racing hasn't figured this out. HMMM
Roanoke has no answers. HMMM
The list goes on and on.
I am calling BS but let us know when your so called tech works his magic on your car.

The question is not "How have they not been able to figure this out?" The question is "Have you asked?"

There has to be a senior member of ViperClub somewhere out there that has a Service Manual which includes alignment procedures and its details of ride height adjustment options - perhaps he/she will chime in on this at some point. In the meantime, relax and enjoy your limited box of knowledge and your sarcasm.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is not "How have they not been able to figure this out?" The question is "Have you asked?"

There has to be a senior member of ViperClub somewhere out there that has a Service Manual which includes alignment procedures and its details of ride height adjustment options - perhaps he/she will chime in on this at some point. In the meantime, relax and enjoy your limited box of knowledge and your sarcasm.

While you are in the spending mood, I have a set of used seats you might be interested in. I'm asking $4,500. Now I know that sounds like a lot but they're very special seats. Because of a special mod my super smart Viper tech performed on them, every time you fart into these seats, your viper will increase by 5hp. Now after years of ownership, my Viper is up to 2315 hp and it is just getting too scary to drive so I need to sell the seats. Talk to Mitch about my seats, he'll confirm such a mod can be performed.

Last edited:

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't lower a stock SRT-10 (non-ACR). The alignment procedure involves putting a bunch of sandbags on the seats to simulate having an "average load" in the car. That extra weight compresses the springs a bit which you could argue "lowers" the car, the purpose being to have the car aligned at what its actual on-the-road ride height would be. As soon as those sandbags are removed, the car returns to normal ride height. You could accomplish the same thing by sitting in the car when they align it.

So yeah, you can lower a stock SRT-10 all you want, just keep filling it with lead (and yourself with cheeseburgers) until you reach the desired ride height...

There is no manner by which to adjust ride height from the factory. You can adjust camber, caster, and toe, and their incidental effects on ride height are trivial/nonexistent.

V

Venomiss

While you are in the spending mood, I have a set of used seats you might be interested in. I'm asking $4,500. Now I know that sounds like a lot but they're very special seats. Because of a special mod my super smart Viper tech performed on them, every time you fart into these seats, your viper will increase by 5hp. Now after years of ownership, my Viper is up to 2315 hp and it is just getting too scary to drive so I need to sell the seats. Talk to Mitch about my seats, he'll confirm such a mod can be performed.

Or buy Beano.....:eater: you are a genius!:rolaugh:
Thank goodness there isn't a scratch and sniff hp feature.
Too bad nobody conveniently asked this question with the engineers chat on the 14th.
Alias, troll, joke, or a Viper owner who puts in his VIN with the mods and joins the VCA if he really wants to be" helpful".

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just did a quick scan of the service manual and there is a way to adjust curb height, but I doubt you can drop a full inch as the +/- is only .25". Good luck trying though.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Viper has no cheap leaf spring like a Vette, with just a bolt that can be turned for cheapo suspension tuning ...

You might try lowering your tire pressure to under 20lbs ...that might work.

As a suggestion: Copy your post, and paste it over on a place called the V___Alley ...they will give you a warm and loving reception :smirk:, much more open-minded than folks here

Seriously though, a lot of people here (with more than 10 posts) have had Vipers for many years ...they even know a thing or two

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I know, but that's just me - I call it as I see it. Thanks for the heads up, I can take it. What I posted is some really useful information for the vast majority of Viper owners - it can save them a lot of money, time, and hardship (Motons!) - that's really all that matters.Take care.

Thank you for your post but the data which you have been given is not correct. A stock non ACR Viper does not have adjustable springs or shocks. Furthermore, to optimally set up the suspension the car must be corner balanced. I have Motons and Eibachs. My car is lowered three quarters of an inch in the front and one half inch in the back so as to maintain the proper rake and aerodynamics and it is corner balanced. The handling is much better than stock. The ride harshness can be adjusted through the compression and rebound adjusters. I do not know who you saw bumping around on the highway, but he or she may not have had a proper installation and/or adjustment. The Moton/Eibach setup is track proven. It is for individuals who drive the car on a road course or in a similar but safe and lawful spirited manner elsewhere. If you only want to lower the car and do not care about handling or tire wear, talk to JonB. He can sell you the parts to accomplish same. Mitch may be well intended but before you take any action, if I were you, I would initiate a threeway call between Mitch, Mark Jorgensen and Yourself to discuss what Mitch thinks is possible. In case you do not know it, Woodhouse Dodge is the largest Viper dealer in the country; works closely with the SRT engineers; and maintains a fully staffed Viper performance department. If you proceed without checking with Mark and your car is damaged or the suspension is not set up properly and you get into an accident as a result, you will feel like a fool. Make the call.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To lower your ride height, you don't need to buy anything - just get your ride height adjusted to a lower factory specification by a truly knowledgeable Viper Tech, see below...

I just had my '04 Black Mamba serviced at Bankston Dodge in Frisco, Texas - the Viper Tech is Mitch. If you live in the Dallas area, you have got to give him a try, he really knows his stuff - in fact, it looks like he knows more than anyone that posts on this board! I'll tell you why. Mitch quoted me $390.00 for an alignment, what a shock; but he explained that to get it dead-on, he has to first drop the car all the way down, adjust the ride height to specs, and a bunch of other steps. It is about 4 hours of work. The really cool thing that Mitch told me, when I asked if he could adjust the ride height to a lower setting, is "Yes!" The ride height has a lowering specification from Dodge in the technical manual, about an inch. I have an appointment with Mitch to get the work done - no caps, springs, or ridiculously low and foul riding Motons necessary! Sorry Moton guys and gals, but I have seen you driving down the freeway at 60 MPH while your whole body was being vertically slammed up and down - it doesn't look like much fun to me.:lmao:

I see a blowtorch in one hand and a oscar meyer ****** in the other. I think I will take the motons

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, most people would get it done first, then post about the "results". Then there's no arguments.
There's a few people, however, who'd post about expected results based only on second-hand "knowledge" from someone else. And with strong wording also.
There are names for those types of people.
Don't be one of those people.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this statement just proves neither this guy or his Viper Tech knows anything about a Viper. Do yourself a favor and take a look at the stock suspension set up. Short of cutting the spring itself, there is no way to lower the car.

On second thought, pay the money and see what you get. We can all use a good laugh.

Reaction score
Are you sure you did not buy a Vette, did you get it from Ebay? There are a lot of scams out there ya know...

No seroiusly, good luck with that.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Yes", it's so quiet that I can hear a pin drop. I guess he is off to prove us all wrong!!!!!!!

Doubt it, he was a troll and either owns a Vette orno car at all. He was just trying to get a rise out of us.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.........There has to be a senior member of ViperClub somewhere out there that has a Service Manual which includes alignment procedures and its details of ride height adjustment options - perhaps he/she will chime in on this at some point. ......
Hi Markee....Ive owned 14 Vipers. Im one of the 14 guys that founded this club in 1994, so I hope I am 'senior' enough to be worthy to 'chime in'. I scoured the manuals at my elbow, and did not see how you can lower the 03-06 SRT10 more than .25", and THAT requires a full alignment. But I did stumble on a surprisingly ecomomical item that may interest you and Mitch:

PartsRack has just the kit needed to add 10+mpg to this lowered-for-free Mamba:

a PMR {Personal Methane Recirculator).

Step 2: Connect the PRIMARY (driver) Methane Supply Hose with zip ties (included) to the air intake.

Step 3: Connect the SECONDARY (Optional for Passenger) Methane Supply Hose to the air intake.

Step 4: Relieve Personal Methane Gas as needed (obvious in 10 posts you have endless PMG supply.)

Result: Cost-free PMG captured in this manner acts just like Nitrous Oxide, increasing performance and mileage, but burns cooler and costs, well, beans. And your cockpit will become noticably less aromatic. Your free-radical PMG is wasting, & even escaped to this board.

OOPS... I left out STEP ONE: Connecting those PMG Hoses to the Driver: MITCH KNOWS!

PS: Do NOT believe NukedGTS and his $4500 (?Texas-tuner?) seats. The PMR kit is under $75 in parts, plus you need some occasional Petroleum Jelly (CHEAP) to keep the system 'flowing freely." DON'T waste $$ on KY Personal Lube.....Petro-Jelly works FINE for 10% the cost of KY.

Helpful Hints: Diet Matters; Conserve PMG during cruising, save for Rapid Launch. If you own a dairy farm, auxiliary free MG supplies and kits are also available for farm equipment for short trips around the pasture...

Last edited:
Reaction score
It works, it really, really works.

I took the wheels and tires off the car, and the car is much, much lower, wow, you learn something every day on this forum.

As an aside, and another huge benefit, the gas mileage all of a sudden improved immensely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte