Lowered car

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went the eibach route because the car pushed like a dump truck and handled like a pig.The rears are progressive rate. The springs are about 10 % stiffer. Adjust shocks at the same time and use an aggressive street alignment not a track alignment that eats up the tires. Just lowering for LOOKS is ricer BS and not worth the time/money effort. But to each their own. Is the goal better looks or better handling? GTS Bruce

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're driving around town, be prepared to scrape everywhere if you put the eibachs on. With the stock springs I could navigated almost all speed bumps, with the eibachs you had better get used to the tranny pan bolts rubbing!

The car looks and handles soo much better though. I have never regretted it.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went the eibach route because the car pushed like a dump truck and handled like a pig.The rears are progressive rate. The springs are about 10 % stiffer. Adjust shocks at the same time and use an aggressive street alignment not a track alignment that eats up the tires. Just lowering for LOOKS is ricer BS and not worth the time/money effort. But to each their own. Is the goal better looks or better handling? GTS Bruce

What are the specs for aggressive street alignment?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Bruce,

What modifications do you approve of for guys like me that purchased my viper because it's the sexiest car out there? I'm not yet interested, and may never be intersted, in tracking/racing my car. I just finished detailing my engine and I try to keep the whole car spotless...am I a ricer? I added some yellow interior pieces to break up all the black...does that make me a ricer? I like the look of a lowered car, but it seems a little impractical for driving in my area, but since I like it...does that make me a ricer?

I don't know you, but I have noticed a trend in some of your posts...you stated that my Momo pedals were 'of little use'. You state that 'Just lowering for LOOKS is ricer BS'. You must be some kind of purist...it's just that I don't know what kind that would be.

Maybe, I'm not a ricer and I just like my things to look nice. Is that so bad? Maybe, all modifications don't have to be done for practical reasons. Does that blow your mind?

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the middle of that little lower lip on the bottom front fascia. I think it's called an air diffuser or deflector. Can you see why I have to back into my curbed driveway at an angle in order to not scrape anything?

Yup. Yup. I hate that! I have to do the same thing. If they only would have put the "flat" curbing a the driveway, there would be no problem...