Lowered --what kind of jack do you carry?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those with Lowered GTSs, what kind / brand of jack do you carry with you to get underneath the car?:dunno:

Recommendations would be appreciated.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells a low profile jack. I still need to use small pieces of wood (1" or so high) and drive the front wheels up onto those first.

:usa:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells a low profile jack. I still need to use small pieces of wood (1" or so high) and drive the front wheels up onto those first.

:usa:

+1 on the Harbor Freight. I bought one when I bought my Viper, and while my cars haven't been lowered, it's actually a darn good jack for the money.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I built wooden ramps and have a low-profile jack

there's no room for my spare tire with 2 nitrous bottles in the trunk so I don't need a jack ;)

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 2 ton low profile floor jack from Griot's Garage catalog. It's a heavy unit and expensive apx $400- but damn is it good! It lifts half my car off the ground without breathing hard.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want something portable like to bring to trackdays or leave in trunk, i'd recommend going with the smaller unit.
3000 Lb. Capacity Aluminum Racing Jack with LEDs

If its just going to be sitting in your garage you could go for a lager unit like this one:
Rapid Pump® 4000 Lb. Capacity Lightweight Low Profile Aluminum Racing Jack

If your Ballin, go with the Griots or some other expensive quality brand like snapon. You will def not be dissapointed with those although i would not want to use it for portability as they can be backbreakers lifing in/out of trunk.

I choose to save my Back & wallet and go with the lightest/cheapest one. I like it alot and the LEDS are helpfull with centering on jackpoints. My friend has the beefier HF one and it is nice as well.

Last edited: