Lowering Springs vs Coil Overs

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

How much shorter are the reduced length shocks than the stock shocks? I talking about Gen 2. Also is there an option for the rears to be double adjustable?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,How much shorter are the reduced length shocks than the stock shocks? I talking about Gen 2. Also is there an option for the rears to be double adjustable?
Max, The shorter version is exactly 1 inch shorter than our stock replacement coil overs. Right now our rears are only single adjustable, this seems to work well for the guys who are street/occasional track guysAnyone who wants a set just pm me or call and I'll get a set being made for you

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug
Post a review when you get them. Interested in getting a set. Thanks

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will do. Got a few other mods coming together right now that should be completed in the next couple weeks. I'll post pics and impressions of the coilovers as soon as I get everything wrapped up.

Doug
Post a review when you get them. Interested in getting a set. Thanks

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, all the coilovers just arrived in on Friday afternoon, Now I just have to assemble all the springs/spherical bearings etc. and ship em out, Everybody should have theirs by the weekend

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please Steve as a fellow Canadian and a guy that has purchased many quality parts from you. Can I have them in my hands no later than Thursday as I want to atened a upcoming event this Sunday. And yes that is your hood.

viperJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone used BC Racing Coilovers? I am interested in buying coilovers just want to know the reivews from the different ones.

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had BC Coilovers on other cars and they ride like a dream even when it was maxed lowered. I had springs and caps on my 04 Mamba and granted it looked beautiful and i was content on the ride, It was extremely bouncy when you hit a dip. Im talking about flying out of your seat bouncy. I have just springs on my current 06 and i like the ride. Its not as bouncy. I would put caps on it but with my aftermarket wheels it would require me to trim the fenders, other wise the wheel would smack it and destroy the fender.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caps alone on stock Viper shocks lower the spring preload but don't change the stock spring rates, so the OEM damping will still be adequate for the setup (if you were happy with the stock ride). When you lower the ride height w/Eibachs it involves going to a higher spring rate to prevent bottoming, and the stock non-adjustable damping is no longer a match to the springs. Not surprised if it is bouncy.

Spring caps are just like an adjustable spring perch (with only one setting!) which backs off spring preload by a fixed amount and therefore reduces ride height. This is equivalent to backing down the spring perch on a true adjustable coilover (MCS, KW Penske, etc.) by a half-inch or so. At one point Vipair took this a step further and made a product that couples a fully adjustable spring perch to a stock Viper shock. Don't know if Steve still sells these, but the product again runs into the issue of higher-rate aftermarket springs mated to a shock with fixed damping optimized for the factory springs.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used BC Racing Coilovers? I am interested in buying coilovers just want to know the reivews from the different ones.

The BC coilovers worry me because they say they fit '96-'08 Vipers, which doesn't make any sense.

There is a recent thread on VA that discusses these issues and some feedback on the ride of their Viper product on a Gen 2. There were several folks who purchased them for the Gen 2. There were some application issues; but, it looked to me like BC Racing was responding quickly and acceptably to get their Gen 2 application correct. Looks like they definitely want to be a player in this market.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave