lowering the srt10

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big question, soon to be answered. I'm doing suspension work all week on the SRT. Lowering the car, and changing some of the ride characteristics can be changed, but we have run into some problems. Motons, are a racing setup, and very costly. I'm sure we can come up with a product, that can be very effective on the car. I've been very busy in TN on the purchase of a huge performance parts store, and machine shop. This has side tracked me a bit, but the suspension project I've promised many will begin this week.

Skip White

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperMike: I noticed that you have Motons listed in your sig.

I hate to hi-jack the thread, but do you like them?
Have you got the Moton club sports?
What spring rates are you using?
Have you taken them to the track?
Is the car more compliant on bumpy and rutted roads?
How involved was the install, and who did it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, me and Eric from EMI racing are tooling up the rear suspension fork. Penske is what we are going with. They are first class shocks. We will also be using Hyperco springs, and as many of you know, these are the best springs in the world. Cost should be in the $2,000.00 per set give or take. This will include a new set of rear forks, custom made from billet aluminum. This setup will be top quality. Aldans are off the list for now.

Skip White

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Northwind have lowering coil caps for the SRT-10 Viper?

I have these on my Viper and they lower the car about an inch, without changing the coils or shocks.

The car still needs realignment afterwards, but it was a nice interim step without spending big bucks, or adversely affecting the ride quality.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump! Any new news here? Skip, I left you a message earlier today. I'd love to improve handling and lower it a bit without spending an arm and a leg. The Aldans seem reasonable, but you don't like them now? They are still on your website!

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a solution to this topic as well. Would like to drop mine about an inch without issues with the suspension or spending $5k.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<insert Jeopardy theme>

Would love a simple, reasonable way of lowering the SRT.
Also waiting on more tire manufacturers to make choices available.