Lucky Motors, Addison IL

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2001 GTS, 22348 m., at this dealership, sight unseen (I know, I know, I spent one or two sleepless nights before it arrived at my door). I thought I would report on my experience.
On the negative side, the car arrived without a spare tire, a spare tire hold down assembly, a key transmitter, and an owner's manual (found everything on eBay or at the Dodge dealership). I have asked the dealership for reimbursement for these items, so far no response. I'll post a correction if I receive a check.
The chrome wheels have a bit of curb rash.
On the positive side, the car came fully detailed, engine bay and trunk spotless. The paint is perfect, the interior too. The audio is not stock, and so are the white stripes. Mechanically, as far as I know, it is also beyond reproach in all respects. It drives perfectly. The Michelin Pilot have at least 10.000 miles of life left on them. The price of $38.000 seemed fair to me, given the car's good shape and its rarity (1 of 21 2001 reds with Connolly leather; this exactly the car I wanted, my two boys are enchanted by the aftermarket white stripes). I passed the LA inspection after the computer had reset itself with no problem.
So I have mixed feelings about the dealership: I would probably deal with them again if I could inspect the car myself. For work reasons, it was impossible, and I certainly couldn't have driven the car back to Louisiana through the January blizzard.

Last edited:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of Viper owners in that area, you could have asked if somebody could check it out for you before you bought it but that is an afterthought now. Glad it worked out for ya.

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of Viper owners in that area, you could have asked if somebody could check it out for you before you bought it but that is an afterthought now. Glad it worked out for ya.
Thanks.I have had this dream for 16 years, since the first one came out. What I have now is beyond all my expectations, a ton of fun to drive.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 2001 GTS...one of Mike's FAVORITE color combos too! So, '01's came with a SPARE TIRE????? One more thing I learned today! Yeah, hindsight, a VCA member in the area could have helped you by looking it over for ya...but that's neither here nor there, just for others to know. ENJOY~! ~juli

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your 2001 GTS...one of Mike's FAVORITE color combos too! So, '01's came with a SPARE TIRE????? One more thing I learned today! Yeah, hindsight, a VCA member in the area could have helped you by looking it over for ya...but that's neither here nor there, just for others to know. ENJOY~! ~juli
I was not a member at the time, I had no idea how helpful and friendly this brotherhood was. These are special people (but we love a special car).

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very interesting. They have had an E55 AMG i've been looking at. Hope you hear back one way or the other about the missing items at least.

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting. They have had an E55 AMG i've been looking at. Hope you hear back one way or the other about the missing items at least.
By all means look at the car yourself. Also my salesman (he will remain anonymous) was an ignoramus who knew nothing about Vipers. Thought they ran on run flat tires and did not need a key fob.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not a member at the time, I had no idea how helpful and friendly this brotherhood was. These are special people (but we love a special car).

So true, So true!!! :headbang: We ARE a brotherhood and love to help others out. Yes, I agree, there are SO MANY helpful, special people here...and yes, we DO love a special car~!
ENJOY totally!!! :drive: ~juli

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In passing, I went to the Dodge dealership in town for the transmitter and sat in a 08 red convertible (new) in the showroom. The ergonomics are an incredible improvement vs. Gen 2, you don't need to be a circus contortionist to get in and out:). They also have a 1992 that looks brand new, property of the owner.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure is~! It's okay to say brotherhood, I agree with that! :2tu: Still LOVE the GTS body style the best...you got an awesome one there~! ~juli

Ahem....

I could have thrown a rock from ym house and hit it for you. ;.)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Be careful with the tires. Just because they have a ton of tread on them, does not mean they are still good. You also need to consider the age. There a bunch of old posts that describe how to find out their age. Take a look at them. When I bought my car, it was five years old but only had 1,500 miles on it. The tires looked perfect, but, in reality, they were junk. They had become way too hard and I nearly lost the car a couple of times because of them. I bought new tires and the difference was amazing.

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car. Be careful with the tires. Just because they have a ton of tread on them, does not mean they are still good. You also need to consider the age. There a bunch of old posts that describe how to find out their age. Take a look at them. When I bought my car, it was five years old but only had 1,500 miles on it. The tires looked perfect, but, in reality, they were junk. They had become way too hard and I nearly lost the car a couple of times because of them. I bought new tires and the difference was amazing.
Thanks for the tip. Just checked the tire wall, code is 2806 = 28th week of 2006

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a cent from the dealership for the necessary extras (key transmitter, spare tire, owners manual). They gave me $300 for a double gash, courtesu of their inept transporter (2 feet in the rocker panel). Charged me $30 for a non-existent "temporary driving permit".Buyer beware!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang