Mail order rear ends?

omegac1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there any good places that I can remove my 3.07 rear and send it away to have it converted to 3.55? I live in Maryland and have not found anyone close to drive the whole car there for the conversion.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one from JonB who took lots of time talking to me about it. He sent it exchange it was in stock and I got it in a few days. Built by Unitrax. I also talked to the folks at Woodhouse who were very helpful. I upgraded to a stronger late model rear end (2008-10) but I am sure you can get it done by some of the other vendors who support us too! You can probably find an off road shop who sets up rear ends to do it and you don't want to spend a lot on an exchange but buy a good gear set or you will be sorry. I am very happy with the 3.55 though lots of folks like the 3.33. Depends on what type of driving you like but I think the 3.55 gives a fun to drive factor the 3.07 did not.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered one from JonB who took lots of time talking to me about it. He sent it exchange it was in stock and I got it in a few days. Built by Unitrax. I also talked to the folks at Woodhouse who were very helpful. I upgraded to a stronger late model rear end (2008-10) but I am sure you can get it done by some of the other vendors who support us too! You can probably find an off road shop who sets up rear ends to do it and you don't want to spend a lot on an exchange but buy a good gear set or you will be sorry. I am very happy with the 3.55 though lots of folks like the 3.33. Depends on what type of driving you like but I think the 3.55 gives a fun to drive factor the 3.07 did not.

What Joel Said...... you can send yours out for conversion, or receive one up front, and return (or keep) your core.

Or: Any good Jeep-4X4 shop can convert a 92-06 in ~6-7 hours of labor. The Year Matters...Gen 4 is tricky and Gen 1-2 need a speedo box.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and here I thought this was about Russian internet brides......

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m having my OS Giken done by Unitrax. They are local so that helps...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang