Man I messed up

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been shopping for a viper for a while then found a viper by my parents house at a dealership, 2005 red srt10 vert roughly 4180 miles for $48,888. Researched prices on all websites and saw it was pretty much in price range, but i waited. I thought I could wait and talk them down to about 45k. I just checked the car is no longer available I was gonna go on Wednesday to make offer and hopefully buy the car. My point is if you see a car you like do not wait go for it. The only thing that is making me feel better is that the dealership is getting bad reviews from people that bought cars from them. (Another problem I have is I research too much from what my friends and family tell me) I just need to buy this viper lol

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
45k would still maybe be a tad high....for instance I just picked up an 06 coupe with 7800 miles with wheels and exhaust for 49500...my red vert is for sale from the dealer I sold it to for 42xxx with 13000 miles and they gave me 39000. way to much info I know but it's some food for thought. There are a lot of cars out there you just might have to go to another state.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you messed up at all, the right car will turn up.

Make sure you get a car fax done on whatever car you decide to buy, its not foolproof but its an added piece of info. Good luck with your quest :2tu:
Of course there are always the classifieds on this site. The best thing I found was that you a buying a car from a fellow VCA enthusiast and the cars have been looked after ;)

hershey43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been shopping for a viper for a while then found a viper by my parents house at a dealership, 2005 red srt10 vert roughly 4180 miles for $48,888. Researched prices on all websites and saw it was pretty much in price range, but i waited. I thought I could wait and talk them down to about 45k. I just checked the car is no longer available I was gonna go on Wednesday to make offer and hopefully buy the car. My point is if you see a car you like do not wait go for it. The only thing that is making me feel better is that the dealership is getting bad reviews from people that bought cars from them. (Another problem I have is I research too much from what my friends and family tell me) I just need to buy this viper lol

I'm on the same boat. I think I research tooo much also. I am on the fence for this Viper....

What do you guys think of an '06 SRT10 coupe, red w/graphite stripes with 30xxx miles on the odometer...priced at $43,777??

I know the mileage is high, but ALL of this car's service records are available so I know it was taken cared of.

I'm also looking at a '06 black coupe with only 2800 miles priced at $52K also. Both cars are stock.

Like the OP said, I research too much also. I've missed out on a couple cars already.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I was buying my car I found the listing, called on the car and spoke to the dealer, I got the VIN number to do some further reasearch. Everything checked out so I called back the next day and the car was sold, I was bummed out to say the least. I got a call back from the dealer about two weeks later because the deal feel through and I was able to negotiate a better deal than I would have before.

One way or another things work out. You'll find the right car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are too dang many vipers for sale to worry about losing a car. dont sweat it, theres plenty more, winters coming and prices are dropping

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't sweat it...sometimes the closest car (geographically) is not the best or meant to be. ALL Vipers i have purchased were out of state purchases. Besides, there are only a few dealers I would consider purchasing a Viper from. Most others would be out there beating the snot out your car! You'll find one...good luck.

frank364

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You did the right thing. When I was looking for my viper I researched and searched for 6 months, I finally found her at a local dodge dealership. I did my homework and checked all available reports. Not wanting to lose her, I bought her "2006 Viper". Then... only after taking her in for service at another dealership did I find her real history. The stories I could tell you about my dealership... You did the right thing.

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I believe that also, things happen for a reason. I do find it fun searching for the right viper. I considered going out of state and driving the car home which for a lot of people on here has done it and loved it. Wife works for the airlines so traveling is not a problem. I always search the VCA classifieds even wanted to buy PhoeinexGTS car but I want a newer viper. Don't get me wrong I think his car is beautiful I fell in love with it when he put up a video when somebody was gonna buy it, and he is not close to me at all but to me reputation beats location any day. I really didn't trust that dealership, I guess I started to settle because it was close by and me looking at a lot of vipers, I did say "This is the one" and I Don't do that to often.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I researched for 4 years trying to find the right car!
Finally found a local car and man in the end i was'nt even sure about the color as i had been set on "race yellow". Then i saw her in the driveway of the seller and dang-nab-it i knew she was the one, of course she's not as fast as yellow ;) but i dont speed much these days :headbang:

Be patient young viper owner, the right car @ the right price will come along.

or just wait 3 yrs and pick up an 08 !

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be more where that one came from. I just missed 2 Verts: 05 Commemorative edition offered to me @ $41K, (bought at dealers auction for $34,750) and an 2003 for $36K. Now I see crazy deals all over the place.

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be more where that one came from. I just missed 2 Verts: 05 Commemorative edition offered to me @ $41K, (bought at dealers auction for $34,750) and an 2003 for $36K. Now I see crazy deals all over the place.

Those were good prices. I guess there will be more when winter gets here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I researched for 4 years trying to find the right car!
Finally found a local car and man in the end i was'nt even sure about the color as i had been set on "race yellow". Then i saw her in the driveway of the seller and dang-nab-it i knew she was the one, of course she's not as fast as yellow ;) but i dont speed much these days :headbang:

Be patient young viper owner, the right car @ the right price will come along.

or just wait 3 yrs and pick up an 08 !

Wow 4 years I hope it does not take that long for me lol

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When I first started looking, I told my wife 1) I want stripes and 2) I don't want red. I had search agents on many websites, including Google monitoring craigslist. I pulled so many autocheck reports, they cut me off. In the end, I fell in love with a red GTS with no stripes. I think she spoke to me on a subconscious level. She's in my garage now and she seems happy. :)

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:evilmad:Update: Dealer Did Not Sell Car They Relisted It For $4000 More. I Have Never Seen A Dealer Raise The Price When The Car Has Been Sitting For A While.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
rede2go;2900042Update: Dealer Did Not Sell Car They Relisted It For $4000 More. I Have Never Seen A Dealer Raise The Price When The Car Has Been Sitting For A While.[/QUOTE said:
I think this is a fairly common ploy. Based on your original post, you said they had it listed for $48,888. Now, it would be $52,888. The reason to do this is for search agents. If you were looking for a car between $50K and $65K (for example), this one would not appear in search results when it was $48K. By moving it up to the next bracket, the dealer hopes to get picked up in someone's search results. I have seen this done with real estate also.

If you use Google, search for the VIN (assuming it is on the dealer's web listing). Then click on "cached" and you can see how the listing looked at some point in the past. I used that to see the various price points the dealer used on my Viper.

Of course, you can always talk to the dealer and make your offer explaining that you know it was previously listed at $48K.

Good luck.

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a fairly common ploy. Based on your original post, you said they had it listed for $48,888. Now, it would be $52,888. The reason to do this is for search agents. If you were looking for a car between $50K and $65K (for example), this one would not appear in search results when it was $48K. By moving it up to the next bracket, the dealer hopes to get picked up in someone's search results. I have seen this done with real estate also.

If you use Google, search for the VIN (assuming it is on the dealer's web listing). Then click on "cached" and you can see how the listing looked at some point in the past. I used that to see the various price points the dealer used on my Viper.

Of course, you can always talk to the dealer and make your offer explaining that you know it was previously listed at $48K.

Good luck.

Yeah it is listed at $52,888 thanks for the info

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That is a very nice looking car with under 5K miles. Looks like the current dealer picked it up in September. It was previously $51K at another dealer. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very nice looking car with under 5K miles. Looks like the current dealer picked it up in September. It was previously $51K at another dealer. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks I will

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased mine a year ago (Nov.)for $34,500. It only had 3,700 miles on it. I think the Lexus dealer was trying to get his Inventory down before January. You can always find a good deal if your patient and do your homework. I think the way the economy is someone always needs the money for something else. In most cases a "addition to the family."
The dealer wanted over 40,000 for it.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of an '06 SRT10 coupe, red w/graphite stripes with 30xxx miles on the odometer...priced at $43,777??

I know the mileage is high, but ALL of this car's service records are available so I know it was taken cared of.

If the car is well taken care of, 30k miles is nothing. There are so many owners that drive the car for 10-15k and park it that it makes higher mileage cars look bad, even though the higher mileage car may be in better condition and have more up-to-date maintenance.

Nick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960