Matchbox Viper GTS's Wanted

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have enough kids (and parents) who wave and check out the Viper, that I thought it would be cool to let them have a picture in the car and give them a Matchbox GTS as a gift.

I was checking 'em out on Ebay, but to get them it is one here and one there. It costs about $5/car PLUS a huge shipping charge of $5-$15. So, I would prefer to avoid ebay.

Does anyone know where I can get 10 or 20 at a time? I just want GTS's. Variety of colors and stripe/no-stripe is perfect.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^ You can find them at Walmart and Walgreens in single packs for pretty cheap.

1000.vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only Matchbox you will currently find in stores is a GTS-R and the only Hot Wheels is the Treasure Hunt coupe.

If you are OK with a different brand, I recommend Maisto. They have been making the same blue GTS & white GT2 for years. These are the ones you will find at Walgreens individually carded on red cards. You can also currently find the 2 vipers pictured below at Wal-Mart however they will be in 2-packs for $1.50ish or 5-packs for more.

Your best bet (in terms of price and quantity) is Dollar General or Family Dollar. They only cost 50 cents each and there are 3 in each box that the store gets if you are lucky enough to find one that hasn't been routed through.

The white GT2 has a spoiler on the back, but is otherwise pretty close for the price.

You must be registered for see images

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw red and blue ones in a 5 pack at Walmart today but no single packs. I did find some slightly larger than matchbox and hotwheels at Kmart, however. They were about $1.99 but I only saw one GTS in that and it was some brand that I had never heard of before.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 100 or so extra GTS's that I'd be willing to part with. They are a mixture of Matchbox and Hot Wheels. I went the ebay route so I had to pay shipping to get them so I'd need to average about $2 each to break even. I have extras in the Racing Champions and Johnny Lightning brands too but they tend to be a little more expensive. I also have some of the cheaper Maisto versions as mentioned above. I'm a recovering ebayaholic and still tend to have relapses ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 100 or so extra GTS's that I'd be willing to part with. They are a mixture of Matchbox and Hot Wheels. I went the ebay route so I had to pay shipping to get them so I'd need to average about $2 each to break even. I have extras in the Racing Champions and Johnny Lightning brands too but they tend to be a little more expensive. I also have some of the cheaper Maisto versions as mentioned above. I'm a recovering ebayaholic and still tend to have relapses ;)

I'll take any spare McV's you have off your hands

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have enough kids (and parents) who wave and check out the Viper, that I thought it would be cool to let them have a picture in the car and give them a Matchbox GTS as a gift.

I was checking 'em out on Ebay, but to get them it is one here and one there. It costs about $5/car PLUS a huge shipping charge of $5-$15. So, I would prefer to avoid ebay.

Does anyone know where I can get 10 or 20 at a time? I just want GTS's. Variety of colors and stripe/no-stripe is perfect.

How about 61 of them starting at $9.99 plus shipping?

HUGE LOT HOT WHEELS MATCHBOX DODGE VIPER CHRYSLER MOPAR - eBay (item 320245543748 end time May-04-08 18:42:34 PDT)

V

Venomiss

If it ends up you don't get them maybe try this.
Go to the Wally World and talk with the manager in toys. Tell what you want and what you want it for. See if they can hold some back for you when the get in new shipments-never hurts to ask and they may help you if they know it's to give out.;)
From the wife of a guy who had this hobby and traded up for a big car.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd take your yellow Vipers. How many do you have? :D

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the 1:64 cars for my business. I've got 5000+ red gen II RT/10's on order. Won't know until they arrive what the final price will be (shipping). If your interested shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll put your name on a list. They will come individually carded 72 per case, and be sold by the case. I'll probably sell ~25 cases and keep the rest for business use.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take your yellow Vipers. How many do you have? :D

I don't have many yellow GTS's. I probably have 8 or 9 of the yellow w/ white stripe HW GTSR's (look more like a comp coupe).

And then I have 15 - 20 HW and Matchbox RT/10's ($2ea). Matchbox also made a yellow RT/10 for the CA VCA group - I have 10 of those ($5ea).

Terry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang