ME4-12

Bwright

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genuinely suprised that the Chrysler Group appears to seriously plan on advancing this flagship concept to production. I would have thought a Super Viper would have been the way to go.

OP
OP
B

Bwright

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is an ME4-12??

gtsviper was kind enough to post a link. The formal car was unveiled at the Detroit show yesterday. Here's an additional link and some text from The Car Connection's release:

http://thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6729

Chrysler Group executives wowed an audience of hard-to-please journalists with a completely new supercar, the last and grandest concept car to be presented on the stand. The Chrysler ME Four-Twelve - which stands for mid-engine, four turbos, twelve-cylinder - will claim to be the new reigning king of supercar performance. The Four-Twelve's 6.0-liter V-12 is force-fed by four turbochargers with dual-core intercoolers and a very free-breathing exhaust (if the sound of the show car was any evidence) to make an incredible 850 hp at 5750 rpm (a new benchmark at 142 hp per liter). Power is delivered through a seven-speed Ricardo sequential, double-clutch transmission with quick 200-millisecond shift times. This translates to some numbers that left hard-to-please members of the press momentarily breathless: 0-60 acceleration in 2.9 seconds, 0-100 in 6.2 seconds, and the quarter mile in about 10.6 seconds at 142 mph. Top speed is an equally awe-inspiring, although theoretical, 248 mph (400 km/h!).

Yikes.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm..............would you like your Viper in V10 or V12 form? Base Viper = 190 mph V10,Sooper-Dooper Viper= 215mph V12. I vote yes!!! Okay, I am getting carried away, but one can dream!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
They have to call it a Chrysler, because no one would pay what could possibly be hundreds of thousands for a Dodge? (Or would they?) Certainly not the Euro market, where Dodge isn't even known.

Me, I'd love to have one! I think its totally kick-***. Take that, Enzo smuggees!

Autoweek- "When the project began, it was a notion shared by (Wolfgang)Bernhard, (Deiter) Zetsche and design chief Trevor Creed, who came up with it in a meeting after last year’s Detroit show."

Congrats to those guys at the helm of DC for thinking up such a daring automobile. Cool dudes....

I could maybe go as high as $180,000, (God willing) after that, if its any more costly, I'd just settle for a Ford GT.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC announced at the show yesterday afternoon that they are going to sell Dodge in Europe, starting immediately and starting with the Viper. I think the stage is being set to expand the knowledge of the Dodge nameplate. Cheers to DC!

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car, but I have never been a fan of that Chrystler emblem on anything other than mini vans and such. Too damn big.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Vic - this car is kickazz and I sure hope they build it! It's not a copy of what everyone else is doing, it is bold,, and it stole the show - hahahaha and good on DC! :2tu: :D

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW SUMMER OF 2004 IS WHAT ITS SAYS??? GOTTA START SAVING MY LUNCH MONEY. LOL
(FOR REST OF MY LIFE) AND THEN SOME

THANKS FOR THE LINK

VD..

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from Detroit....Took a second tour of CAAP and ASC....Also went to the NAIAS and several other museums.
Here is one of many pics of the ME412.
202DSCN0264-thumb.jpg

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEEZ.......THIS f#@*^%$ PICTURE POSTING IS SO FRUSTERATING.
THE PICS I TOOK HAVE BEEN RESIZED ACCORDING TO THE RECOMMENDED SIZE AND IT STILL KEEPS SHOWING UP AS THIS TINY LITTLE THUMBNAIL...I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE ABOVE PICTURE POSTING FOR TWO HOURS NOW...

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE ONE MORE THING TO SAY, AS LONG AS I AM VENTING.....YES, I KNOW, MY SIGNATURE DOESN'T MATCH MY AVATAR...I'M WORKING ON THAT TOO.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the car looks better in person than the photos! I'll try to post some more photos from the show if I can figure it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant