Mechanic shop communications?

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering if I have unrealistic expectations here. I know of only 1 Vipertech / Viper service and tuning shop in my local area and have gotten some work done with them in the past. My gripe isnt necessarily about the service (although I have certainly seen better) but rather about the frequency of communication I get from this shop. I requested them to contact me to schedule a service appointment about 10 days ago and haven't yet received a call or email. In my previous interaction, I had ordered a part from them and did not get a call back till 1 week after my part had already arrived at their location.

Im kinda stuck with them since they are the only game in town but am wondering if others are experiencing the same things because our Vipers are such rare vehicles and the shops that service them are too few and far between. Also, how have some of you been able to remedy the situation? I mean I have spent almost 5000 at this shop so shouldn't I be expecting better communication?

Sorry if this is a rant...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Customer service is dead. That's why I'm glad I do my own work. I like dealing with myself LOL.

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got to find a good place. I go to a different town because the Dodge dealership where I live is not good at all.

I like dealing with myself LOL.
I'm glad you found someone you could deal with Dave. Although, I'm sure there is still the occasional argument. :p

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind he may just be very busy. My dealer can go crazy if we have a sunny day. Just call your viper guy directly and tell him exactly when you want to bring it in.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've got to find a good place. I go to a different town because the Dodge dealership where I live is not good at all.

I'm glad you found someone you could deal with Dave. Although, I'm sure there is still the occasional argument. :p

I agree, currently looking for references in my area. chime in if you have a couple of shops in mind.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is that the communication from that shop should definitely be better. How busy do they look when you've been there? I remember when I purchased my viper and had the only local reputable tech inspect it...he had 5 or 6 other vipers (two on lifts and 3 parked against the wall) in his shop that only he was working on...he was a little busy. ;)

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well this shop seems to have about 4 employees and they are usually busiy with 3 or 4 cars in at a time. However, I do expect a call or at least an email back with answers to my query. Thats just plain old good business for customer retention and referrals from the sales industry that I come from.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I requested them to contact me to schedule a service appointment about 10 days ago and haven't yet received a call or email.

How did you request? If using some kind of web tool on their site, it may not work... I have this problem with just about all dealers so I gave up with their site tools and just call, it is quicker and easier.

If they have a phone # call it

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, currently looking for references in my area. chime in if you have a couple of shops in mind.

Have you tried Folsom Dodge? I haven't personally been there yet but I have heard good things about their Viper Tech. I saw his name in a thread a while back for Viper Techs in Northern California. I want to get mine up there but I just can't seem to find the time. Jeff

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't tried folsom dodge but that's rather far from me. And ton the post earlier' here are my methods of communication: email, phone, text message and mobile phone.

Reaction score
Give them a Email or let them know that they can text updates to you, this is sometimes more efficient then trying to reach you on the phone. Probably 70% of all my correspondence is done via these means. 200+ times a day. I will provide pictures of the progress also as we work along on larger projects. Customer service is not dead just ignored when they know you are stuck with them for your needs.

It is too bad people have become complacent enough that they tolerate this type of treatment, but a lot of it comes from the cheap internet sales and services that drive the level of personal service into the ground and then all we shop for is the cheapest price. When you need something and expect to get WOWed by a company choose the ones that go the extra mile and be happy to pay the extra knowing you are getting your moneys worth.

of course this is JM2C

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the finest mechanics are the worst businessmen.

They get busy, and focused on the current car they are working on.

It is up to you, as much as the mechanic, to keep lines of communication open.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only a few select folks out there that r getr done business people,all the rest r operating by a shoestring and struggleing to stay alive, hmmmmm wonder why

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of tuners or specialty shops. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, the customer service (especially communication) is awful. Some shops even act like they're doing YOU a favor by taking your business.
I wish I could get myself a gig like that!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local Stihl dealer just called me to say the part I ordered 3 days ago just came in. If I get that level of service on a $5 part, you should expect better after spending $5k at that shop.

I do most of the work on my Viper. So far this car has been very easy to work on and the factory service manual is pretty good. Anything serious and I'll probably give Tom Sessions the work.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ghoust,
Not sure exactly what work you need to be done, but there are a couple more options. In San Jose, Maurice has negotiated a discounted rate for Parts and Service with Paul Normandin at Normandin Chrysler on Pearl Ave. Paul is a Viper owner and club member and good guy to boot.
If you don't mind the drive to Sacramento, Toddy Gomez of BIg Boyz Garage is another option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang