Mecum strong numbers on Vipers

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hisss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loving these numbers - thanks for post. I have a non-rare viper... which is rare

Viperhunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurst is reportedly built outside of the 4 know Vipers. Like buying a 2007 Mustang, sending it to Shelly for conversion, then claiming it is a Shelby Mustang.

OP
OP
KyViper

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 96 BW a little over 4K miles Mostly original except wheels (originals included) sold Mecum for 75K (82K with buyer's Premium).
See above Kissimmee auction in Jan of this year similar 96 with 5K miles sold for 148K.
Real slow money in Chicago.
Crazy part was owner seemed happy when it sold.

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT the rare not so much , or Gen V ACR's, but the other Gen's are.
Asking price is not the same as sold price, LOOK at BAT from a few days ago, 40"s 50's

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correcto Mundo!
Market is undergoing a little correction. It is a little correction, due to inflation and the energy "crisis".
Liquidity is finding some other ways right now.
Though in the mid-long run (5-10 years) our (normal) Vipers will move some serious figures, maybe even stronger than any of you guys can expect...
Does anyone remember our Vipers are at least 8.0L V10s? That by all means, implies no OEM will ever be legally able to produce something close to that!!!
Mark my words. Our Vipers? It's not cars anymore. Open your eyes today, they're the legacy of an utterly dying car world.
And believe me, this is not what I wanted, but it's definitely taking that path...

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there will be a Viper Bubble not unlike the Ferrari V12 Bubble. But a Ferrari is just another Lambo is just another.... The Viper on the other hand is clearly the Last Raw Beast ever produced and it has a 500 cu in engine and 10 cyl. That is iconic and unique. $70k for a car nowadays is .... (yawn) so watch what happens. Similarity to the AC Cobra is the nearest.

Regarding those auction prices, I don't think they are indicative of what a Viper is worth. They are more indicative of the Viper Low Mileage Premium. A real metric might be what a 50-100k Gen 1 or 2 is worth if adult driven, cared for and not abused. I had 16k on my 2000 GTS and it was still a "new car" - so 50k cars can be near flawless. (The trick is to know you get stone chips from TAILGATING! As if by magic, if you don't, you don't get chips. (You should have seen me driving through Chicago trying to keep 200' behind the car in front of me - I had to drive 50 mph when everyone else was 70 - fortunately had to do it only once and also that no one shot me (!) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper