Metal Viper Emblems

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that my silver 98 had emblems made of metal, like brushed staniless steel side and rear emblems.

Any source for these?

Thanks

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Never heard of metal emblems. See Venomblue550 for all different colors of emblems. He has some that look brushed. I bought the chrome-looking emblems from him and they look GREAT! I believe all of his are vinyl.

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I was on board for the chrome on the group buy and found out that they were plastic chrome.

Maybe I dreamt that they were metal emblems.......

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I was on board for the chrome on the group buy and found out that they were plastic chrome.

Maybe I dreamt that they were metal emblems.......
great... I just bought some from r&j. I don't mind them being plastic chrome if they last. Has anyone had them long term?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what is your concern over with the longevity. stock emblems are soft as well, not metal. these should last a loooooooooong time.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is your concern over with the longevity. stock emblems are soft as well, not metal. these should last a loooooooooong time.

just making sure the chrome paint doesn't chip or wear. Take note these aren't stock, hence not the same product. How would anyone know how long they would last without experience? :rolleyes:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some made about 3 years ago the sames process as R&J and venomblue500 sells and they are holding up fine, the process involves the usual self adhesive vinyl underneath (any color) with a clear resin hand applied on the face.

190badgerear.jpg

190badge3.jpg

had a pete done for the hood

they dont look as good as stock a bit plastic'y but I still havent found a better solution for the rear bumper. I looked into having some OE badges made to the proper OE spec and finish for the rear bumper by a guy I know, but the huge tooling costs wouldnt make it worth while for a small batch

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...... so with the vast knowledge here on the VCA board......there is no such thing as metal embems?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

just making sure the chrome paint doesn't chip or wear. Take note these aren't stock, hence not the same product. How would anyone know how long they would last without experience? :rolleyes:
gee, sorry for trying to help... didnt realize on plastic chipping brainiac :rolleyes: and unless you leave your car out in the weather day in and day out over the next 100 years i am pretty sure, from my experience that it will look good if cared for and cleaned properly. ok stormin norman! now go pound sand and huff and puff your sarcastic drama elsewhere

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil, thanks.
Now to figure out what the heck WAS on the 98.
The color was through and through, and had a brushed stainless steel look (like a stainless steel kitchen sink). On the silver car there was a strong contrast between car and emblem so it was not like they were painted the same silver as the car and blended in(as are my emblems for my red 02).
Thanks for all of the replys and help, hopefully I'll find what I am looking for!