Michelin PS2's?

drviperdds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michelin PS2\'s?

Has anyone tried this combo? 295/30/R19,325/25/R20 for 19" Fronts and 20" Rears...Thanks in advance. Please post pics.

OP
OP
D

drviperdds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Michelin PS2\'s?

you got them from JonB? And what do you about the decrease width coverage with the 325's in the rear? :confused:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I got them from JonB. I wasn't really thrilled about going narrower, but there aren't a lot of options and I really wanted to go with the PS2s for performance reasons. The 325's should only be about 3/8" of an inch narrower, so I don't think it will be really noticable and I'm sure they will stick better than the Pirelli's or Pilot Sports. I'll post some pics when I get them for comparison.

OP
OP
D

drviperdds

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for the responses, please post them when you get them, I'm in your same shoes (Got the rims, but no available tires, that *****)

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's some pics.

This is the 325-20 vs the stock 335-18. The difference in width is very small, perhaps 3/8". On the car, I can't really tell the difference. Profile is extremely low. These are mounted on 12.5" rims.
325vs335_tires.jpg

325vs335_tires2.jpg

This is the 295-19 vs the stock 275-18. The difference in width is significant. The profile is a little lower than stock. I mounted these on 11" rims.
295vs275_tires.jpg

295vs275_tires2.jpg

A a side bonus that I did not expect is that this setup actually weights about 12lbs less total than the stock setup (at least with these CCW 505A rims). These tires also have a nice rim protector bead. I haven't had a chance to get it out of garage yet, but I think I am going to be pretty happy with this setup.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How do those ps2's grip, compared to kuhmo's an bfg's

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I originally ordered the 335/30ZR20's. They are 2" larger in diameter than the stock tires and I thought they would fill the wheel wells better while giving a little more ground clearance.

CCW called me and said I probably did not want to go with those tires, at least not on a Gen 2. The larger size apparently has run into some clearance issues with a couple that they did install. After driving my son's slammed to the ground M3 bimmer which rubbed the tires everytime I did anything with it, I really didn't want to have to worry about clearance problems, so I went with the 325's.

The Gen 3 starts out with a bigger tire to begin with, so they may work better in that application as long as you don't mind the look of the larger sidewall.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ken, thanks for taking the time to post the photos and info.. its crazy the lack of 20" options available. seeing this adds some hope. 325/25/20 it is