Miller Motorsports Park last weekend! Wow!

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to attend a racing event at Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake City last weekend and I came away very impressed...especially with the Cadillac Racing Program. Damn these cars are mean. Best sounding cars in the paddock. 6.2L's of ground pounding fury. The brochure for the event showed two Vipers were supposed to be on the grid but they were not there. 1 Ferrari F430 and then tons of Posche's. There were many other cars as well but for the big boys the Cadillac's really make their presence felt. They did finish 2 and 3 respectively behind a Porsche GT3. There were two Corvettes as well but they did not challege at all for the top spots. I thought they would be running the same engines as the Caddy's but apparently they are running 6.0L's. I know that the last VOI was at Miller's and as nice as that facility is I can only imagine what a great experience it is. I used to live in SLC and I am quite familiar with the complex but i moved away in 2010 and they have really grown and expanded the facility a lot just in that short time. Was the museum there in 2010 for the last VOI? I am a big mustang and shelby fan so to walk into that museum was a special treat. I could spend hours pouring over those cars. I am currently looking for a 65-66 fastback and those GT350's just playing with my emotions. There are so many Ford GT's in there as well and zero replica's. I took a lot of good pics and did a couple of videos for posterity. I don't know when I might make it back to this end of the country. The racing was really good all day and the Motorsports Park personnel are very friendly and the access to the drivers and cars is unparalleled. I would like to give a shout out to the Nissan 370 guys out of Orlando. They invited us into the pit and answered every question we could possibly come up with. The team manager went out of his way to show us the cars with unfettered access. It really made our day. To top all this off the 370's were racing completely stock motors. They had blown their race upgraded motors and had to race with what they could get their hands on. Nothing was modified engine wise; just suspension and normal race tech stuff. Most of the race teams actually were pretty friendly and would let you near their cars and get pics etc. Great weekend and a great race experience. If you have never had an inkling to attend a track day you will after attending something like this.

Craig,

PS: The most impressive looking car was the Audi A8. Just beautiful and they were very friendly as well. The car was one of two race cars in all of north America.

Attachments

• SAM_1521.jpg
    SAM_1521.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 53

SilverStreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually the CRP Carlise corvette finished third and was the fastest car on the track.
Proplems in qualifiying but him (mike skeen) at the very back of the GT grid. Inagine how much faster he needed to be to get by all the other cars and still get by one of the factory Cadillacs driven by Andy Pilgrem
My company PowerStream Industries is a co sponsor on that car and the beautifull Nissan GT-Rs which are brand new and still suffering teething problems.
Most of the time this Corvette was 1/2 second faster than the Cadillacs. I agree with you on the fact that the CTS-V are really awesome cars.

talking about cool cars... the new ALMS GT Viper is a beauty we are very busy making parts for that 3 car group now! It will be run by Riley Technologies the dominate builder of the Daytona Prototype Gran Am cars

OP
OP
N

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's odd. I thought I was standing there and was actually in the corner where the crash occured and watched everybody pit. The black corvette did make up a lot of time for sure but I didn't have him near the front three. Yep the Nissan GT-R that ran that day seemed to have some problems. His staightaway speed was down a lot. Great event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21