the sale is until the end of the month.

5 qts any style with mobil 1 filter for 29.99:D

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its really a GREAT deal,,,,,,,,figure the filter is 14.00 thats makes the oil 3.19 qt

But I guess if you don't use the mobil 1 filter then it 6.00 bucks qt. you know some must have the "viper" filter.............not me

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I guess if you don't use the mobil 1 filter then it 6.00 bucks qt. you know some must have the "viper" filter.............not me
Yeah....I have to run the Viper filter.
I give the Mobil1 filters to my buddies with the HEMIs. :)

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been stocking up but getting the filters for my other cars--no use for the Mobil on my 06 or 09. My Viper tech says no.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Agree with Viperdrummer, if you have a Viper get the new filters MoPar filters for the Gen IIIs on back , and the specific one for the 08s and 09s.

Designed from extensive testing with the racing Comp Coupes and others and these are specific to your Viper.:drive:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this is a great deal. I'm stocked up with 35 quarts...might even get more. As mentioned above, pick Mobil filters for your other cars and stick with the Mopar filter for the Viper.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't the Mobile 1 one of the highest rated filters? I agree that the 8/09 should stay with the Mopar filters, but I have always used either the Pure one Puralator or Mobile 1. Both are excellent quality filters.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, stocked up on three sets tonight. I will go back for a few more later in the week.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't the Mobile 1 one of the highest rated filters? I agree that the 8/09 should stay with the Mopar filters, but I have always used either the Pure one Puralator or Mobile 1. Both are excellent quality filters.
If you track your car heed Bill's advice.

Reaction score
The K&N and Mobil filters are to fine a filter and will generally go into bypass before the regular filters. This is not a good thing when you are relying on clean oil for the Viper. The factory filters are designed for our cars by people who care about the Viper so just trust the factory filters. IMHO

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted to bump this back to the top so everyone see it...............................................

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just curious, can the Mobil 1 filter be used on our other cars .... that are running non-synthetic? Is there anything special about the filter that limits its' use to "non-fossil derived" lubricants?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 6 of these filters in my garage from previous purchases. As it was actually cheaper to buy 5 quarts x 2, WITH 2 filters. Than it was just to buy the darn 10 quarts. I even asked the guy a autozone to just return them.. No can do...

I agree with the others... I will not put these on my cars.. I use the "white" Viper filter only. I guess I will ultimately end up trashing them..

Any takers?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just found the answer on the Mobil 1 site:

Can I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters with conventional oil?
You must be registered for see images
Absolutely. We recommend that you use Mobil 1 motor oil to get maximum protection for your engine, but the Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter is fully compatible with conventional oils.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 6 of these filters in my garage from previous purchases.
I guess I will ultimately end up trashing them..

Any takers?
Suggestion: Give them to friends that drive Chrysler vehicles.
Even if they don't change their own oil, they can have the guys at JiffyLube or wherever use the Mobil1 filter. Might save them a few duckets.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a way to save $10 on 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_$10_Rebate.html

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a way to save $10 on 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_$10_Rebate.html
Pretty awesome! Thanks!
(NOTE: Rebate offer doesn't start unil 4.1.09 *and* you have to sign-up for a Mobil1.com account in order to download rebate form.)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I take back my Thank You - JK - but I was a little peved that it took me two hours to change the oil on my wifes Solara. Seems the oil shop that last changed the oil wanted to test the limits on how tight they could get the filter on and its location made it a real ***** to get at. Normal filter wrench would not work. Bought special end type and it stripped the end of the filter. Took off the wheel to get better access and used a pliars type wrench - which popped a hole in the filter and sent oil on the floor. Ended up using the old drive a small screwdriver thru the filter to use as a handle and still struggled. What made matters worse was thant I only had 2 beers in the fridge.

Thanks for the heads up. Just changed the oil in Viper - but did go and stock up for my other cars and will probably go back for more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang