Modding rear end looks of verts?

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, sorry for so many newb questions, but I'm looking to buy a SRT-10 pretty darned soon :)

I am not really a huge vert guy, but I already have a Corvette Z06 hardtop, so I'm really leaning towards the vert so I can get some top-down action. I think the hard-tops they got for the verts look awsome too if I wanted to attach one of those.

The one thing I don't like most about the vert compared to the coupes is the rear end of the verts. They don't look bad to me, just a tad bit plain for a car as badass as a Viper.

I've asked about and looked as some with wings, but I'm just not a huge fan on the verts (they look awsome on the ACR, etc. vipers).

Are there other options to spice up the back? Maybe like a coupe look-alike rear or some cool looking spoiler?

Thanks in advance! Long live the Vipers!

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a place where you can get the coupe rear end put on a vert. Don't recall the name but maybe someone will chime in.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRC Jeff Lemke makes a conversion kit for a coupe rear end on an SRT Vert.

*edit* Here's a link to his website. I don't believe the rear-end conversion is listed on his site, but I'm 90% sure he does it.

Mach 7 Motor Sports

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I felt that same way when I bought my Vert. In person, it will grow on you, but I definitely wished it was more aggressive for sure. This is the Hennessey VenomAero spoiler that I have bought for my car. I hope to have it painted in a week or so, and I'll get it installed.

You must be registered for see images

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of wings on a vert either until I saw this Autoform one in person. Then I had to have it.

And this is one with the HARD TOP ON!!
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket62, that looks awsome. How you get that done?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before you go crazy with differant options ect...actually buy the car and drive it around a lil bit....walk out of your local walmart ect. through the parking lot and look at it on your approach....You'll notic
very quickly that the rear end looks pretty damned good compared to any vettes/porshe's ect you may see....and fits nicely with the over all low wide look of the srt10 vert...

Best thing you could do is let a responsicle friend drive it at 10 mph through a parking lot..Again you'll see the rear looks great just the way it is...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you really need to change this????

The first red one was my old car from the rear..just a stock srt10..

The two reds are owned by a member here...The coupe has a more agressive surround..But look at the diffusers on the vert. They are much larger /more agressive looking..

The last yellow is my current. Why do we need to add spoilers when it comes from the factory with a nice lil lip at the rear..

Drive her around a lil bit..then decide. That rear is actually very well desighned.

Last edited: