Monster Power Performance DIY TT Pricing:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, this is a post to discuss several levels of systems and pricing.

As I was building my system, there were many who thought I was nuts to spend every waking moment I was not working my regular job in the garage..........

When we started fabbing up the DIY, my goal was to make an efficient, well designed front mount TT that your average Viper guy could bolt onto his car…..

So I maybe should say simply that this DIY was designed/engineered and fabricated BY Viper guys FOR Viper guys!

This system will not only make lots of clean, efficient power for Vipers, but it will also save many marriages for anybody else who before this would have ended up getting a divorce for doing what I did......Don’t try this at home unless you have a good wife like mine! LOL! ROFL!

Here is the basic breakdown of the systems available:

After data-logging the air intake temperatures without an intercooler and learning the range of air intake temperatures associated with the twin screw blowers, I have decided against offering a non intercooled system.

1.Entry level T-04 intercooled TT system with 58-61 mm compressor wheel.

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of what comes with this system:

T-4 hot side/58 or 61 mm compressor housing
Tial 44mm wastegates(2)
Ceramic coated 304 stainless steel exhaust manifold set with up pipes
Turbine housing and up pipe heat blankets
Upper radiator hose + silicone couplers + T-bolt clamps
Wastegate back into exhaust pipe(2)
Ceramic coated ownpipe to front sill outlet (pair)
Throttle bracket and cable stop
Power steering pump relocation bracket + serpentine belt + grooved idler pulley
All silicone couplers
Airbox
Air filters(3)
Blow off valve
Siamesed Y-pipe to throttle bodies
Intercooler and all associated piping
fuel pump voltage booster
55 lb/hr low impedance injectors/resistor box
Colder heat range spark plugs
Fuel rails
Vec 2
Oil feed/oil drain lines w/fittings
All T-bolt coupler clamps
Vacuum lines
Crossmember

This is the system on the prototype car that made 648 RWHP and 744 RWTQ with a conservative tune at 5.75 PSI.

From what we have data-logged with full out 3rd , 4th and partial 5th gear pulls at 8.5 PSI, the air fuel ratios are a solid around 10.8-11.0:1. I would estimate the RWHP to be in the 740-750 RWHP range at 8.5 PSI with the 58mm compressor wheels.

This system will be offered to the first 5 people putting down a deposit at a price of $12,500.00

To run higher HP than this, I would recommend the next level which offers a fuel system upgrade for an additional $1,000.00.

Here is what comes with the next upgrade:

T-4 hot side/61mm compressor housing
Tial 44mm wastegates(2)
Upper radiator hose +silicone couplers + clamps
Downpipe to front sill outlet (pair)
Power steering pump relocation bracket + serpentine belt + grooved idler pulley
Throttle bracket and cable stop
Intercooler and associated piping
All silicone couplers
Airbox
Air filters(3)
Blow off vlave
Siamesed Y-pipe
Fuel system upgrade
Rising rate fuel pressure regulator
Injectors/resistor box
fuel rails
Vec 2
oil feed/oil drain lines w/fittings
Coupler clamps
vacuum lines
Crossmember

The first five people putting down a deposit will be able to purchase this system for $13,500.00.

These 61mm T-04 turbos at 14 PSI should put down around 1,000 RWHP with a good tune and good gas.

2.Mid-Frame T-04 intercooled TT system with 4”compressor inlet and 2.75” compressor outlet cover.

Keep in mind Chad and Dr Roof‘s cars all have this size turbine and compressor housings.

I plan on starting out offering a pair of 71mm{71 GTS} turbos. These are the same turbos that made 1278 RWHP and 1449 RWTQ on my car through an automatic transmission at 21 PSI.

This system will be offered with the same exact brand of intercooler core that was on my car.

Mine had two separate bottom to top intercoolers behind each fog light.

This will be a bottom to top, front mount that will be a single core like if you combined my two cores but will act as two separate cores that are balanced by the top tank.

Keep in mind that we had MAYBE 113 degrees of air intake temperatures after running the 1278 RWHP/1449 RWTQ in overdrive from 100-226 MPH(balls out for about 8-10 seconds) on the Mustang dyno with the load increasing in direct proportion to the drag coefficient and frontal area of the Viper as the vehicle speed increases.

We will have roughly 1800-2000 CFM of air filter and plenty of cool air to support this kind of power and more!

I will offer several different tiers of options for such a system:

Entry level w/VEC 2:

Bolt on High HP intercooled Kit VEC 2:

76 GTS/ .81 AR Hot side
Tial 44mm wastegates(2)
Upper radiator hose + silicone couplers + clamps
Lower radiator hose + silicone couplers + clamps
Ceramic coated downpipe to front sill outlet (pair)
Intercooler and piping
Swaybar spacers
All silicone couplers
Piping from compessor outlets to air filters
Air filters(2)
Blow off valve
Siamesed throttle body inlet pipes
Power Steering bracket, serpentine belt, grooved idler pulley
Throttle cable bracket with takeup stop at pedal
Fuel system upgrade(pump, lines/etc…)
Low impedance injectors (60-160 lbs/hr)
Fuel rails
VEC 2
Several ranges colder spark plugs
Resistor box
T-bolt clamps
Vacuum lines
Crossmember

I am thinking that a system like this could make 1,000+ RWHP on pump gas with a pair of 76 GTS’s on a stock forged motor with a valve spring upgrade.

The 76GTS’s make roughly 435 MORE HP than a GT35/R’s at 10 PSI!

The 71 GTS’s make roughly 272 more HP than the GT35R’s at 10 PSI!

The next level upgrade from here would have to do more with more exact fuel management and so-on:

Bolt on High HP intercooled Kit:
76 GTS/ .81 AR Hot side
Tial 44mm wastegates(2)
Upper radiator hose + silicone couplers + clamps
Lower radiator hose + silicone couplers + clamps
Ceramic coated downpipe to front sill outlet (pair)
Intercooler and piping
Swaybar spacers
All silicone couplers
Y-pipe from compressor outlets to air filters
Air filters(2)
Blow off valve
Siamesed throttle body inlet pipes
Power Steering bracket, serpentine belt, grooved idler pulley
Throttle cable bracket with takeup stop at pedal
Fuel system upgrade(pump, lines/etc…)
95 or 160 lbs/hr low impedance injectors
Fuel rails
AEM
Injector driver box
Digital dash
T-bolt clamps
Vacuum lines
Crossmember

I will offer such a system to the first 5 customers giving me a deposit for $20,000.00,

The digital dash included will allow for the viewing of, I believe, up to 14 parameters the AEM is monitoring. There will be no need for gauge pods and all that B.S. unless you like that and then, of course, I will be happy to sell it to you!

I will be happy to add on a pair of exhaust cutouts to any of these systems where you could run your 3” exhaust out the back of the car for stealthy quiet sound, until you unleash the gates of hell and dump the exhaust almost directly off the turbo!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,I can call you personally to ask but i'm sure others want to know the bottom line,WHO's better(price/performance)?
Is your kit better than others?Please compare for us within 100 words.The only other DIY TT kit i've heard about is Pro Turbo Systems.
What's the Guaranteed LEAD times?
Congrats on the project completion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo congrats on finally finishing up your systems!
It's pretty obvious you put in alot of time and energy into them.

Scotty, there ain't NO way Paolo can it in under 100 words! :D

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,I can call you personally to ask but i'm sure others want to know the bottom line,WHO's better(price/performance)?
Is your kit better than others?Please compare for us within 100 words.The only other DIY TT kit i've heard about is Pro Turbo Systems.
What's the Guaranteed LEAD times?
Congrats on the project completion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:2tu:

TOOOFST, you are so unfair! 100 words or less? I can never do that if my life depended on it!

==>That's like getting to get the woman of your dreams for 90 seconds or less!

==>I know that's all you would need but guys like myself would need to take our time and do it right! :p :headbang: :) :2tu: :D

Scott, It's really hard to compare the two because, as their spokesperson noted, they have not listed eveything that comes with the kit.

It appears to be incomplete but might not be missing much.

Once we get the complete list and pictures of the airbox, I can answer your question more completely.

I think the pricing is about the same, mine is slightly less $$$.

They offer a mild steel version with a stainless steel upgrade.

Our system only comes in 304 stainless steel and can support my weight standing on the turbo up pipes(which is important when both systems have the turbos about 18 inches out in front of the frontmost exhaust ports where the headers bolt to the head)

I do not know what kind of support system they have engineered to hold the weight of the turbos way out in front.

Keep in mind when the headers and turbo up pipes get hot everything will move around. If the weight is not supported properly the system will eventually crack!

From seeing the pictures of their system in pieces, I think ours might be easier to install and takes up less overall space from a packaging perspective.

I think it is impossible to compare the power output of the two systems at this point unless you put each one on the same car with the same turbos at the same boost pressure back to back and compare the driveability.

The obvious big difference between the two systems is ours was created BY VIPER PEOPLE FOR VIPER PEOPLE.

I spent the time in my garage so my Viper Brothers would not have to.....

They offer the basic mild steel system and quote pricing for general upgrades:

I can assure you my system comes complete with every single thing you need to bolt it on with a general tune in the VEC 2 OR AEM so you can fire it up.

It will also come with written/pictures and DVD installation instructions.

I will have a better idea on lead times by the middle of this coming week.

I can tell you that the first ones sending me a deposit will be getting theirs first! :2tu:

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right from the Horses &SS himself.
Case,I know that you know that I know he can't!
What's your season look like,can ya figure out how we can watch some games,SAT,CABLE?
FYI VIPER BROTHERS,CASEY=White MJ in Euro.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Paolo on getting your systems completed, now just sit back and let the bling bling roll in... right? haha J/K Seriously you put alot of time and hard work into these and it will pay off for sure :2tu: I wish you the best and that everything keeps on that right path :)

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right from the Horses &SS himself.
Case,I know that you know that I know he can't!
What's your season look like,can ya figure out how we can watch some games,SAT,CABLE?
FYI VIPER BROTHERS,CASEY=White MJ in Euro.
Scott, I think I figured out a way to answer your original question in 100 words or less:

==>Front mount Twin Turbo with upgradeability to 1400+ RWHP with the right motor and ECU/fuel system/etc...

700+ RWHP TT on stock forged motor starting at $12,500.00 for the 1st five deposits.

900+ RWHP TT on stock forged motor starting at $13,500.00 for 1st 5 deposits.

How many would you like sir?????????? :headbang: :2tu:

That's 72 words before the ones I am typing! :2tu: :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave