Mopar PCM?

mitty73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 1999 RT-10 and am looking for a Mopar PCM. Did these really work or are they just a waste of money? The is stock except for different exhaust,K&N, and tubes.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your setup, it's a waste of money. spend the $$ on a VEC2 and some tuning and you'll be much happier.

JD

Joseph, Joseph, Joseph... Geeze.. a guy saves you with a Mopar PCM and you turn around and stab the pcm ;-)

Anyways, it has other advantages that Joe found out, over other pcms, like it sure takes a lot for it to throw a code. It also doesnt care about cats, headers, etc, like some of the newer pcms like to ***** about.

I'd take a mopar PCM over ANY other year pcm for a Gen 2.

NOW... anyone want to sell me a mopar pcm for cheap ?? PM me :-D

Jon

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon Jon Jon... I commented on the PCM but I bought a mopar PCM (since you wouldn't sell me yours!) and currently run it in MY car!

The Mopar PCM rocks for emmissions... and it adds timing and adds fuel too. for _this_ combo, he won't get much out of it for power. but it rocks for other stuff.

VEC2 is more for power. Mopar PCM won't be for power gains...

JD

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joseph,

He didnt say WHAT he wanted it to be used for. He just asked if they worked. The answer is YES, they sure do, and they do a LOT of cool stuff too. But mad power gains, no, probably 5 rwhp at most.

I was playing with you btw... I sold mine, and wished I hadnt... don't suppose you want to sell me yours ? ;-)

Jon

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon -

you are SOOOO true. i read into it that he wanted performance.

do they function? yes. do they work well for some stuff? hell yes! do i want to sell mine? hell NO! but if you ever need to borrow it for a day (or anything else for that matter) it is all yours!

BTW - do you need o2 sims if you have no cats w/ the mopar performance ECU?

JD

OP
OP
M

mitty73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I will just wait then if they don't add too much power. I heard it was like 25 RWT. I also thought the VEC 2 was more for heavily modified engines like supercharged?

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a mopar PCM that I pulled off and put the stock PCM back in with a VEC 2. Make me an offer.

Best regards,

Ben

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a aftermarket cam in my 2001 that causes the check engine light to come on after a couple days of driving. I clear it, a few days later its back on. I believe its a multiple cylinder misfire code? Anyway, would the mopar computer fix this and help me get through emissions (here they just plug into the service port =and make sure there are no codes).

Also, with a mopar computer, can a VEC2 be hooked up to it, or would I have to go back to a stock computer to use the VEC2?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We were just talking about that and wondering if there is any kind of an "off road only use" message that could come up when they plug into the mopar ecu.

Anyway, would the mopar computer fix this and help me get through emissions (here they just plug into the service port =and make sure there are no codes).

Also, with a mopar computer, can a VEC2 be hooked up to it, or would I have to go back to a stock computer to use the VEC2?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were just talking about that and wondering if there is any kind of an "off road only use" message that could come up when they plug into the mopar ecu.

Anyway, would the mopar computer fix this and help me get through emissions (here they just plug into the service port =and make sure there are no codes).

Marv if it helps you out, I passed Arizona emissions no problem when I first registered my car over a year ago. I did not know at the time, but later found out I had a Mopar performance PCM in the car.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar ECU will help you pass emissions, it will also stop the misfire code from coming up with a more aggressive cam.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks Michael.

Good to know that.

Marv

Marv if it helps you out, I passed Arizona emissions no problem when I first registered my car over a year ago. I did not know at the time, but later found out I had a Mopar performance PCM in the car.

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '96 RT/10 which I understand is a Gen1 body and engine with a Gen2 PCM and suspension. Kind of a bastard year. Will the Mopar PCM do anything for me? Is is compatible? Thanks, MGH

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96