MOPAR PERFORMANCE Exhaust Prices

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: MOPAR PERFORMANCE Exhaust Prices UPDATE

Yup, cats are gone, and it sounds pretty mean, idle is noticably louder, and at higher RPM's it gets quite loud.

Weird, the Mopar catalog rates the exhaust, controller, and cam at +50 hp. Dont know how much of that is cam. I am scheduled for a dyno in about a week and a half, so I will let you know what it really does.

SpinDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did the exact same thing as Noredline -

K & N up front
Mopar Race Exhaust (dealer install and warranty)
Mopar Race ECM (dealer install and warranty)

I could not believe the amount of stock exhaust pipe removed - probably 30lbs or more. Both cats gone and interior cabin temp and sills are much cooler. After an hour or two of driving, you can literally put your bare hand on the sills under the doors and they are only warm to the touch, not hot at all !

Also eliminated 2nd to 4th shift lock & a set of O2 sensors. Notice a little more kicking around at idle (rougher idle), figure it must have to do with the air/fuel mix or different timing setup with Race module?

If anyone knows what the differences are between the stock ecm and the race ecm, I would appreciate a post with details.

The Viper Service Tech took the car out to test and commented on the increased responsiveness compared to other SRT's he had tested.

IMHO - the exhaust sounds fantastic, anything below 2k is deep rumble, and WOT is a roar.

Performance is subjective w/o dyno, but the most noticeable change is rolling in 2nd at 2k rpm and hammer it. Before it was a real strong launch, now it feels more like a snap. No hesitation, no delay, nothing but acceleration.

FYI - had an initial problem with raw exhaust smell, but Tech dialed in the turnouts and no issues now. Those 3" pipes really fill up the sill opening so having them in just the right spot (since they expand toward the rear about 1/2" when hot) with a slight downturn is key.

Overall, extremely pleased with the setup! And still covered by the dealer.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did the exact same thing as Noredline -

K & N up front
Mopar Race Exhaust (dealer install and warranty)
Mopar Race ECM (dealer install and warranty)

I could not believe the amount of stock exhaust pipe removed - probably 30lbs or more. Both cats gone and interior cabin temp and sills are much cooler. After an hour or two of driving, you can literally put your bare hand on the sills under the doors and they are only warm to the touch, not hot at all !

Also eliminated 2nd to 4th shift lock & a set of O2 sensors. Notice a little more kicking around at idle (rougher idle), figure it must have to do with the air/fuel mix or different timing setup with Race module?

If anyone knows what the differences are between the stock ecm and the race ecm, I would appreciate a post with details.

The Viper Service Tech took the car out to test and commented on the increased responsiveness compared to other SRT's he had tested.

IMHO - the exhaust sounds fantastic, anything below 2k is deep rumble, and WOT is a roar.

Performance is subjective w/o dyno, but the most noticeable change is rolling in 2nd at 2k rpm and hammer it. Before it was a real strong launch, now it feels more like a snap. No hesitation, no delay, nothing but acceleration.

FYI - had an initial problem with raw exhaust smell, but Tech dialed in the turnouts and no issues now. Those 3" pipes really fill up the sill opening so having them in just the right spot (since they expand toward the rear about 1/2" when hot) with a slight downturn is key.

Overall, extremely pleased with the setup! And still covered by the dealer.

Nice! What do you mean by "dialed in the turnouts"? I am going to be installing this system soon, without the mopar ecu..instead I will use 02 simulators...since I will be doing a paxton soon anyways...I will be running catless without a tune for a couple of months. thanks.

SpinDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After the intial install, the drivers side exhaust was washing up the side of the car. It was because the turnout tip was too close to the sill and pointing straight out (even angled up a bit) causing the problem.

It doesn't take long to know you have an issue with the top down, the exhaust wash will burn your nose, make your eyes water.... pretty bad.

So the Tech moved the tip a little forward and downward, said it was best to adjust while the pipe was hot.

After this adjustment, the system is perfect.

FYI - the last 1 1/2 feet of the exhaust pipe is a separate piece of pipe with a bend and angled cut to exit the sill. It can be rotated and moved forward and back a little for adjustment. Once all the pieces were lined up, I asked them to spot weld all the joints to make sure they stayed put. (Read this on another post - great idea)

As far as running catless without a tune, I was told by my Tech that the stock ECM will adjust itself to comp for increased flow.

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: MOPAR PERFORMANCE Exhaust: INSTALL UPDATE

Well, I started the install of my new exhaust today. Decided that I could do alot with the 240.00 the dealer wanted to install it.

I dont have a hoist but I do have two floor jacks and 4 jack stands. Jacked up the car about a foot off of the floor and proceeded with removal of the belly pan and the side pods. Had a real problem with the inner most stud and nut that holds the forward end of the side pod on. the 10 mm nut is right up against the back side of the inner splash shield. You need the patience of a saint to loosen this nut. The right side took about 15 mins to loosen, but the left side was so tight up againt the splash shield that I ended up taking out the fender well splash shield to get at the nut.

After the side pods were off, I loosened the clamps that held the exhaust together. Sprayed some liquid wrench into the pipe connections, let them set for about 10 mins. I then took a rubber hammer and tapped on the connections, and everything came apart pretty nicely. It took a bit to figure out how to snake the siamesed crossover pipe out from under the frame and differential.

I will start the install process tomorrow. If it wasn't for the problem with left side pod, I could have gotten things apart in under 2 hours even though I was on my back for most of it. I have been taking some pics of the process. The instructions included with the kit are pretty good for the most part.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Steve, I am not sure what type of clamps come with the Mopar system, but on my Corsa, I had trouble with the clamps supplied with the system. I bought some SS heavy duty muffler clamps from Summit and havent had a problem since.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question - I had the option of purchasing the Corsa with the 3 inch connector with reducers or the 21/2 connect to fit to stock cats. What do most do? I went with the 2-1/2 to fit directly to the stock exhaust.

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score

im curious how u all got ur check engine light not to come up with the race exhaust

cheers
chan

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone im looking to buy a Mopar street exhaust part number P4510608 for under $500.00 new the lowest i can find it so far is $557.23 after shipping. Anyone have a information for me. thanks

Last edited:

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All,
I have the 3" race exhaust with the cam and the pcm installed in my 04 vert. Horse power is significantly improved. I have not had it dyno'ed to be fair to everyone but will be having it dynoed before fall and will post the results. This is quite possibly the cheapest HP you can get in mopar condoned equipment. It also sounds like nascar at WOT and intimidates the $#@% out of whoever you sit beside at the lights. I am guessing at least 50 hp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave