Mopar pistol grip

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know who sells the pistol grip like the ones used in 1970 ??? I think some company was building them for the vipers..Thanks for the replies..

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was involved awhile ago (likely a few years or more now) with Jason at Gunslinger products. He makes repro Hurst pistol grips for older Mopars as well as some other cars. I was involved in test fitting these to Vipers...and still have the sample at home.

If memory serves me, all that needed to be done was add a slight angle to the piece and they would have been done. They even had a 6 speed pattern lens for the top. I did suggest making the side grips with leather and offer a satin chrome finish to match the Viper interior.

I was not able to go to Chryslers @ Carlisle last year, or Englishtown (at least for old cars that Mopar show is done) so I have not caught up with Jason.

His website...gunslinger727.com...does not list the shifters for other vehicles...but I know he makes them as I saw them.

I know they are made for the FWD little Mopars too.

I was looking to put one in both the Viper and Cobra...I really need to catch up with him.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one (gunslinger(, got it on ebay a couple years ago. It has the plastic grip I woul drather have leather, but it just like the old Mopar ones.

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
His email said 2-4 weeks. I have no photo's or other details.
I can let you know as soon as he emails me back. Maybe he will update his website also.:2tu:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that easy..as the originals and one for a Viper would be very different.

The original Hurst Pistol Grips were built as part of the handle that actually went into the shifter. I can speak best for 1970 "B" bodies, and for a bench seat or no console car it was a long, straight handle. If the car had a console...it was bent up pretty good. (I have a pic somewhere of the PG in my lime Superbird of years past)

The Viper's would need to be threaded on the bottom.

Anyhow...this is the sample that Gunslinger had me test. It was just about perfect except it needed about 10-20 degree angle forward. (I figured out the angle but don;t remember what it was.)

You must be registered for see images attach

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a PG handle I whittled out to use original '70 parts, I got the angle wrong and it didn't feel right in the Viper so I used it in a different car. Gives the general idea.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images